THE HSC: GOOD or BAD? THE FINAL SAY. (1 Viewer)

The HSC: good or bad

• It wasn’t worth it at all. The HSC is stupid.

Votes: 26 7.4%
  • I can see why we do it, but the trouble just isn’t worth it. The HSC is flawed.

Votes: 117 33.3%
  • It was hard, but worth it just to finish. The HSC is tolerable.

Votes: 171 48.7%
  • I loved every bit of the HSC year. The HSC is good.

Votes: 37 10.5%

• Total voters

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Although the system may be flawed and the workload is questionable depending on the individual, I think overall, the HSC has been really worthwhile. Its help me forged great friendships, allowed me to experience great things, obtain independence and become more confident.

All in all, good :)

metalheaven

HSC
theism said:
it isn't that hard.

stop whinging.

boo hoo, i had to study for a year.

grow up.
yoor a meany, i hate yoo! *runs off and cries*

On a more serious note, I actually enjoyed the HSC. In fact I think this is my favourite school year so far. :D
...still reckon I should've tried harder though.
Ah well, two more exams and its all over! :karate::karate::karate::karate::karate:

Miffstaa

HSC
The HSC is unfair bullshit. yes it was tolerable and so much better than what everyone compared it to be like...and it was so overrated. the teachers continually emphasising the importance of the HSC was starting to really shit me. The HSC was basically a year of self-inflicted pressure.

and when you compare the HSC syllabuses to those of the VCE its crazy. they try to mash in too much info in the 3 1/2 terms for the HSC that everything ends up being a general exam.

BabyK

HSC
i personally find the system very DUMB, i wish they would get rid of the SCHOOL ASSEMENT MARK because plenty of poshy schools either get yr 1 easy exam papers (id know iv seen them from friends) orr their teachers pull stunts. im sorry but its the stupidest thing ive heard of, it should be 100% the HSC as we are compared with EVERYONE in our own state not with the people within certain little school bubbles...if you have a yr 12 in a school where everyone fails and one person gets 12/100 whilst the others get 10/100, den deyll be dux of the school haha see the flaw? I fink at least they shoul make it like this HSC mark X 2 +Assement Mark X1 = total mark. enuff sed. sorry if i bored you all but it had 2 be sed

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
BabyK said:
i personally find the system very DUMB, i wish they would get rid of the SCHOOL ASSEMENT MARK because plenty of poshy schools either get yr 1 easy exam papers (id know iv seen them from friends) orr their teachers pull stunts. im sorry but its the stupidest thing ive heard of, it should be 100% the HSC as we are compared with EVERYONE in our own state not with the people within certain little school bubbles...if you have a yr 12 in a school where everyone fails and one person gets 12/100 whilst the others get 10/100, den deyll be dux of the school haha see the flaw? I fink at least they shoul make it like this HSC mark X 2 +Assement Mark X1 = total mark. enuff sed. sorry if i bored you all but it had 2 be sed
Eh? No. That doesn't work that way. Your internal school result is moderated according to the HSC result so it is absolutely fair in that regards.

Having HSC as the only exam is even worse as everything will be determined by HSC.

Smithereens

HSC
BabyK said:
Hence, moderating comes into place.

sullyman

HSC
SH33P said:
meh... u need ur hsc to get into uni... its just part of life i guess
I so agree.

These days its an unavoidable (well if you want to go to uni it is) obstacle in life.

BabyK

HSC
lyounamu said:
Eh? No. That doesn't work that way. Your internal school result is moderated according to the HSC result so it is absolutely fair in that regards.

Having HSC as the only exam is even worse as everything will be determined by HSC.
and i would seriously love nothing more than that :uhhuh: a year of feedback and f***ing up and den wen all my skills are polished and complete bang bang :hammer: but dats just me:p

Smithereens

HSC
BabyK said:
and i would seriously love nothing more than that :uhhuh: a year of feedback and f***ing up and den wen all my skills are polished and complete bang bang :hammer: but dats just me:p
lol, if it it was just based on the external exams and you bombed out in your HSC exams, there goes everything.

BabyK

HSC
Smithereens said:
lol, if it it was just based on the external exams and you bombed out in your HSC exams, there goes everything.
yeh well tough luck if you bomb out clearly you dont handle stress 2 well, and im sorry but if people cant handle stress den y on earth wud day be applying for university???? TAFE is a laid back environment where der is no 'stress" so mayb deyd be better off there if day cant do it, as harsh as dat sounds its true.

Smithereens

HSC
BabyK said:
yeh well tough luck if you bomb out clearly you dont handle stress 2 well, and im sorry but if people cant handle stress den y on earth wud day be applying for university???? TAFE is a laid back environment where der is no 'stress" so mayb deyd be better off there if day cant do it, as harsh as dat sounds its true.
No, I'm not talking about stress or w/e. If you get questions that are totally shat or are complicated, just like in year's paper, you might as well kiss away to your desired UAI.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
BabyK said:
HSC is not all about your capacity to handle stress.

Let's say you are sick on the day of HSC and get a crappy mark. How would you come about solving that problem? You cannot even give an estimate in that case because you have got no data to prove that you are capable of certain result!! Therefore, we need internal assessment in case there are sick people so that they can get an estimate instead of HSC mark.

BabyK

HSC
Well i wud personally be more than happy 2 deal with both the consequences stated above, rather than have sorry to say amateurs that rekon der top stuff just cos day aced their internals, mind you some of us have disgusting teachers that can bias just on personal dislike e.g. English dey can make up any sort of crap to bring down marks n wat can you do??? at least in the hsc the markers do not know you, all they see is a number and dey mark it... but i guess i can see what both of you guys r trying 2 say i just really hate internal marks i find them unfair thats all.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
BabyK said:
Well i wud personally be more than happy 2 deal with both the consequences stated above, rather than have sorry to say amateurs that rekon der top stuff just cos day aced their internals, mind you some of us have disgusting teachers that can bias just on personal dislike e.g. English dey can make up any sort of crap to bring down marks n wat can you do??? at least in the hsc the markers do not know you, all they see is a number and dey mark it... but i guess i can see what both of you guys r trying 2 say i just really hate internal marks i find them unfair thats all.
It's same for school. You must use student number and etc. Markers won't necessarily know you.

BabyK

HSC
in a yr 12 of 70 ppl your teachers know you. we dnt use student numbers i dnt know bout ur skwl but we use name nd class 4 internals

runnable

HSC
Its also unfair to have 100% based on externals. You'll have bludgers and one-hit wonders.

morning storm

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
How is a 3K computer program going to help you???
just a personal experience with major works about a program i didnt have because it was too expensive, but i knew other people could get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)