THE HSC: GOOD or BAD? THE FINAL SAY. (1 Viewer)

The HSC: good or bad

• It wasn’t worth it at all. The HSC is stupid.

Votes: 26 7.4%
  • I can see why we do it, but the trouble just isn’t worth it. The HSC is flawed.

Votes: 117 33.3%
  • It was hard, but worth it just to finish. The HSC is tolerable.

Votes: 171 48.7%
  • I loved every bit of the HSC year. The HSC is good.

Votes: 37 10.5%

• Total voters

morning storm

HSC
Alas, with the end of exams nearing for all of us, the boardofstudies and NSW government is once again sending over 60000 students across NSW out into the world
The HSC

It has a reputation comparable only to LORD VOLDEMORT!!

For the vast majority of us, it has consumed at least the last year of our lives

Although there can hardly be any real 'common experience', by most accounts, the term 'bittersweet rollercoaster' says a lot. as so elegantly put by communistpanda,

"It was the best of times, It was the worst of times."​

it is a year of despair and defeat,
a year of soaring highs

for most of us, we have probably learnt more than we ever have or will in a single year. we will have completed dozens of exams and assessments- many of them useless. early mornings. all nighters. annoying kids at school. weeks where you have 5 assessments. bad teachers. poor school policy. stress. deadlines. sleep. homework. health issues. major works.

however it has equally been a time on friendships and new found responsibility and independence. friendships forged over the sports field, or msn 4 30 in the morning of an assessment. 18ths, parties, P plates. we will all take to our grave lame injokes and relationships we would have otherwise never made.

for many of us, it will have been the most stimulating, influential, painful, and memorable year of our lives. it will have affected us in subtle and profound ways, that will only become apparent as we become crotchety old men and women.

so, before time passes and clouds our judgement with deceptive nostalgia and poignant memories, cast your vote...

THE HSC

Considering your last year at school, is the HSC good or bad?

Last edited:

morning storm

HSC
as many times as i need to get it right

now go away, you loved the hsc, you are not normal

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
it only consumed each night b4 an exam for me..but yeah the system is stupid n overrated

Aaron.Judd

HSC
I loved it. If I could, I'd do it again. If I do bad, I'll do it again.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
I loved it. If I could, I'd do it again. If I do bad, I'll do it again.
lol yeah
same here.

it was interesting and fun =/

and will miss it =[

morning storm

HSC
i tried not to be biased in making the poll, to leave it for here..

obviously the HSC is something you just have to have, but atm, from my experience, it is riddled with flaws. in the end, you dont really have to learn anything the whole year besides some prepped essays. these exams have proven it.

further, in my experience, the system is riddled with inconsistencies. in so many areas it comes down to not how much you have worked, but what school you go to and what resources you have available to you, in the form of a rich aunty or a $3000 computer program.

i have seen too much cheating bitching and general underhandedness this year to have fully enjoyed it

that said, the experiences have certainly compensated for this to a large extent. i found, as long as you dont get totally caught up in marks and beating people, it is a mindblowing, amazing time

obligatory mention to how it challenges your limits. i would encourage anyone in year 11 to try to get some sought of leadership position. you will learn more from it than 1 unit religion thats for sure.

Dis Amrahs

HSC
If only we lived in Sweden or Denmark.. There would be no UAI.. We wouldnt be ranked against each other... We would be brother and sister.. We could all do Arts Law at Sydney..

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
haha good post!

Im divided on the issue of love or hate towards it. I mean socially i didnt do much cos of the freaking hsc! and mentally/physically im drained! The hsc.. arr i feel like i can face the world now, do anything as long as i never have to do the hsc again, rather be anywhere but here! lol

Good or bad?? Hmmm i think its too stressful, no wonder people actully kill themselves! its does a 18 year old's head in! and instead of parting etc, we studing to get into a uni course etc etc, which even if we dont get into theres other ways. but yer its been mASSIVLY life changing in every aspect. and eveyone i talk too says life just gets harder, and the hsc is nothing compared to the rest of it all. so who knows

final say HSC CAN SUCK BALLS. But maybe i will miss it.. yer actually i will

nisseltaria

HSC
I have spent the last six months waiting for the HSC to be over so that I can begin learning again.

morning storm

HSC
... only after 2 years

feel free not to vote if you cant decide till you're totally finish

and i dont know about you, but in 2 weeks i dont think many 2008ers will still be hanging around here.

advanced sam

HSC
N/A
personally i think the exams are ridiculous. never again do you get tested on such crap, such irrelevant stuff that means nothing to you. yes the classes may give you knowledge, but not the exams they are annoying, and what if people stress, exams arent for them, and ive heard these exams can be regarded as 2nd year uni level. crap, waste of time and dont prove anything, coz what if you have a ba day the day you took an exam, doesnt prove how smart you are, coz anyone can go in and fluke it

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
HSC is like a gambling...

The higher UAI you want, the more you need to sacrifice to stay on the game (e.g. time that you can spend with your family, mates)

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
i dont know about the hsc. (DAMNIT U SHOULD HAVE PUT AN UNSURE OPTION IN THE POLL) I mean gah lol i just dont know how i feel towards it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
HSC is a bit of stupid system sometimes. Everything about your acadmics throughout your schooling life gets determiend by the very last year of it.

But if I look at it another way, it cannot be fairer than that....

lawrence.h

HSC
Communist Panda said:
It was the best of times, It was the worst of times.
Qft.
Well said.

I enjoyed high school all in all. I'm really going to miss it. And I know that I will never be in the same sort of environment with a big bunch of friends 5 days a week ever again (nobody say I will be at work! Because you know that's different)
HOWEVER, I am soooooo happy that HSC is almost over for me.

To sum it up, High school was like a really good meal. The food was so good while I was eating it, but if I have any more I'm just going to vomit everywhere.

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
nisseltaria said:
I have spent the last six months waiting for the HSC to be over so that I can begin learning again.
agreed! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)