The "How did you go in your exam" thread (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i havent even started my exams yet...and i dont even know where my exams are...seriously!

Tim035

HSC
Neurophysiology:
- Weird exam, a lot of the long answers involved things that had not a lot to do with what we'd learned in class and more to do with who could think most creatively. I spent days studying sections of the course that weren't even touched on in the exam which seriously sucks.
Prediction ~79/100

Tim035

HSC
Neuropharmacology:
- Pretty easy, screwed up one question though, I wrote the wrong thing, crossed it out, wrote the right thing, crossed it out and wrote the wrong thing again, so raging kind of hard about that.
Prediction ~82%

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
>_< finished acct2542 2B final today. feeling? great! not as hard as i though it would be. Now i can say goodbye to consolidation, minority interest and EPS..haha so long...~~
ACCT2542 was much easier than I expected. However with that said, I still stuffed up intra-group transactions in that 25 marker. At least Multiple Choice and EPS were ridiculously easy, eyyyyyyyyyyyy. Sigh... goodbye consolidation... until semester 1 2010, stupid core subject.

50% Contracts 2 Exam tomorrow yeyyyyy.

deadfishlol

HSC
N/A
Physiology 1B last Saturday:
Some MCQs were a bit of a surprise, but most of the questions were pretty straightforward, and one of the long-answer questions was a carbon copy of one of the 2008 ones. Should be getting a mark somewhere around the distinction range =)

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
ACTL4002:

Was an ok exam, typically John Evans questions which have nothing to do with the course but you somehow need to string together multiple topics to answer briefly.

Hope 75+

MATH3311: Was ok, came out confident. Hope 80+

Next up, ECON2206

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
some guy like fainted in my business tax exam today :s

2 down, 1 to go - 2741 next week

Tim035

HSC
Physiology 1B last Saturday:
Some MCQs were a bit of a surprise, but most of the questions were pretty straightforward, and one of the long-answer questions was a carbon copy of one of the 2008 ones. Should be getting a mark somewhere around the distinction range =)
Gotta luv phys 1a and 1b, I had friends who all they did for study were those past paper questions in the back of the lab manual and got distinctions.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
MATH3411 today. Wasn't too bad difficulty-wise, but holy fuck it was a long exam, way too long for 2 hours. Needed more like 2.5 hours to complete it.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
some guy like fainted in my business tax exam today :s

2 down, 1 to go - 2741 next week
lol he didn't faint, he had a seizure. if you're talking about 2751.

if i don't fail anything this semester, this will be my last exam for uni tomorrow.
4 exams in a row, and i'm all burnt out. -_-

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
lol he didn't faint, he had a seizure. if you're talking about 2751.

if i don't fail anything this semester, this will be my last exam for uni tomorrow.
4 exams in a row, and i'm all burnt out. -_-

Poor guy indeed, hope he was alright.

Firstly good luck for all you QMB'ers tomorrow, go pwn that exam up and show who's boss. And Shinji best of luck for yours, last exam ever eh? :p

Sigh Contracts 2 Exam, most hilarious and lame case scenario ever. Last year's one was based on rugby league sex scandals. This year's one was even lamer. I'm sure we all remember all the fuss on BoS about Kyle Sandilands and his lame radio stunt. Turns out our exam was based ENTIRELY on it.

Of course the names were changed to make it sound "fresh". Kyle Sandilands = Carl Corf, 2DayFM = 2NiteFM. 2NiteFM lost their lucrative contract with Optus worth $5 million and it went on and on.

We were given 2 hours to complete it, but I think 2.5 hours was more appropriate. So much to write about in a short space of time. Man...I'll be lucky if I maintain that D for my final mark. Fingers crossed.

2 down 2 to go

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Finished the 3 day HSC exam marathon.

ELEC1111 -

Fuck the telecommunications questions and the train question.
But the rest of the paper seems good, no dependent sources please and god heard my calls.
Then a HSC exam style question worth 5 marks asking to "Explain in about 30 words what power factor is and why it is important to maximise the power factor."
I2R and other HSC crap....blah blah...

MATH2089 -

Numerics strand too easy.
Asked me to do Simpson's Rule and Trapezoidal Rule for pretty much one whole question, HSC stuff really.
Then asked to solve a heat PDE in space intervals of 0.5 in a 1 unit length bar, lol.
fucking statistics makes me write a lot of words for a maths exam. too long.
too much content stolen from his own lecture slides, some rote learning and other bullshit, etc.

MMAN2600 -

It was nice and easy then it just went downhill. Woohoo.
Why the hell would i derive Reynold's Number or find the appropriate tubing diameter.

cjtk

HSC
N/A
just finished my last exam today, had four exams in a row too, but thank god it's all OVER:haha:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
one down 2 to go. Just did PSYC2101. easier than expected. Expect voyeur material for my ECON3114 final...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Finished the 3 day HSC exam marathon.

ELEC1111 -

Fuck the telecommunications questions and the train question.
But the rest of the paper seems good, no dependent sources please and god heard my calls.
Then a HSC exam style question worth 5 marks asking to "Explain in about 30 words what power factor is and why it is important to maximise the power factor."
I2R and other HSC crap....blah blah...

MATH2089 -

Numerics strand too easy.
Asked me to do Simpson's Rule and Trapezoidal Rule for pretty much one whole question, HSC stuff really.
Then asked to solve a heat PDE in space intervals of 0.5 in a 1 unit length bar, lol.
fucking statistics makes me write a lot of words for a maths exam. too long.
too much content stolen from his own lecture slides, some rote learning and other bullshit, etc.

MMAN2600 -

It was nice and easy then it just went downhill. Woohoo.
Why the hell would i derive Reynold's Number or find the appropriate tubing diameter.
3 day?

Try 4. =p

i just finished a 4 day exam marathon. .. and finished my exmas for my uni career (provided i don't fail any) =]

deadfishlol

HSC
N/A
Gotta luv phys 1a and 1b, I had friends who all they did for study were those past paper questions in the back of the lab manual and got distinctions.
Sadly enough I didn't even do that in 1A and ended up with a pass :jedi:

BIOC2201 Theory:
Really happy with this one.
Prediction: 85%+

CHEM2021:
Bleh. Spectroscopy question got omitted on the day because the spectra came out really badly on paper. A lot of people were relying on it for easy marks, too. I was bored after I finished everything else and ended up solving it in 5 minutes. Fuck. Otherwise did ok.
Prediction: 75%+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)