The "HOLY CRAP IT'S 4:05AM AND I'VE BEEN STUDYING FOR HOURS" Thread (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Sat for about 6 hours saturday (literally thinking, not actually doing anything) trying to work out how i'll answer the last part of my programming assignment after the first 5 parts took 1-1.5 hours tops all together to complete. Didnt help much, although i did actually solve it in about 10 minutes the sunday morning after.

Other than that, dont really do much work at home <3 comp sci. Theres maybe 5 or so tute questions a week for each subject, the only real work i have is readings for my artsy subject.

nwatts

HSC
santaslayer said:
how many specifically?
How many hours? It was around 7 in the one night, with a few breaks for BOS. :p

I was reading/researching/compiling for a presentation that I did today on Inferno. Gosh, glad it's over.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Wow. You guys are serious about uni. I am serious too, but gosh...I am dead by 10pm every night since uni started, so staying up at 4 would have killed me by then. WHich means I basically have to absorb on the run--listen and absorb in lectures. Bad technique, but oh well...

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
This sucks. I get home ~7-8pm each day. Work till 12. Get to uni at 8am, work, then sleep through most of my lectures.

This strategy does not work.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
lol man i havent even set eyes on my text let alone study to the crack of dawn

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
nwatts said:

I was reading/researching/compiling for a presentation that I did today on Inferno. Gosh, glad it's over.
One hour for each level of hell?

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
the first assignment of the semester was signed, sealed and delivered today, after an *almost* alnighter (2hours sleep)

and i just looked at the calendar of when the next few are due......

the uni does not want me to have a life

die, uni, die

santaslayer

HSC
nwatts said:

"Breaks"

:p

X

xeuyrawp

nwatts said:
For the first time since the HSC, I find myself working so long that it's not constructive.

About three nights ago, I was doing all this law reading for an essay. I was just working through these readings for 5 hours before I realised I had missed tutoring, dinner, and subsequently going out for a movie.

Unfortunately, I don't really realise that I've been working for too long -- I don't switch off. I think I need to do what was done in the HSC and have an alarm that goes off every hour. Otherwise I randomly realise 'wait... I don't know what was actually said for the past 8 pages...' :S

That being said, I haven't done anything till 4:05 AM (yet).

litany

Helpfool
HSC
Weird, my bro as been in uni for 2-3 years now, doing comp science as well, and he only ever does work like the day before its due. He almost never turns up to lectures, and he still gets a high mark.

But then again, that's just him, he did that for the hsc as well (only studying for a hsc exam the day before) and he still did well.

nwatts

HSC
PwarYuex said:
For the first time since the HSC, I find myself working so long that it's not constructive.

About three nights ago, I was doing all this law reading for an essay. I was just working through these readings for 5 hours before I realised I had missed tutoring, dinner, and subsequently going out for a movie.

Unfortunately, I don't really realise that I've been working for too long -- I don't switch off. I think I need to do what was done in the HSC and have an alarm that goes off every hour. Otherwise I randomly realise 'wait... I don't know what was actually said for the past 8 pages...' :S

That being said, I haven't done anything till 4:05 AM (yet).
I find i'm the kind of worker who can go solid for an extended period of time and be extremely productive. So this pattern works for me.

But yeah I make sure i've got nothing on while studying. I'd hate to miss all that without realising. :S

X

xeuyrawp

nwatts said:
I find i'm the kind of worker who can go solid for an extended period of time and be extremely productive. So this pattern works for me.
Lucky. :(

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
litany said:
Weird, my bro as been in uni for 2-3 years now, doing comp science as well, and he only ever does work like the day before its due. He almost never turns up to lectures, and he still gets a high mark.

But then again, that's just him, he did that for the hsc as well (only studying for a hsc exam the day before) and he still did well.
It really depends, if you do a hardcore coding subject you could be up to the early hours of the morning coding. However this year (for me at least) my workload at home seems really light. Basically in a week the norm would be: 10 or so tute questions for each maths subjects (i do two), which would take about an hour or so if i did them, but i prefer to wait and do them in tutes so you can get help if needed. I do a comp subject, which gives about 5 tute questions, again leave them for actual tutes. So really assignments are the main things I do at home, which havent started getting too hardcore yet...

sarevok

HSC
wow, that makes me feel bad about myself. so far i haven't been studying too hard this semester, and i've got to compete against all these super-dedicated law kiddies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)