Do you study The Fiftieth Gate?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 65 94.2%
  • No, I'm generic and study Frontline. *Grin*

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

Lordie

HSC
Who's studying Mark Baker's text? I can't seem to find many, heh.

Just wondering, do you guys spend most of the time on the main text? I've got two texts that relate very closely, and I always get tempted to talk about those a lot.

In the trials I got 18/20, and kind of wrote a little more than half on The Fiftieth Gate, but just want to know if that's not enough?

Thanks.

neeksy45

HSC
yeah its annoying, nobody seems to do it.
well my teacher said make sure you have half of the essay on 50th gate, then you should be fine.
i'm not looking forward to that essay :(

Jameson000

HSC
Hey guys, I'm also doing Mark Bakers 'The Fiftieth Gate', for module C, but i was just wondering what related texts you guys are using, because I'm using Schindler's List, and Life is beautiful, but Schindler's List I always screw up a bit for relating it to history and memory, I mean i have ideas, but they aren't that great in my opinion, so i was just wondering if anyone else is doing that for their related.

Thanks

PS. I know its kinda late haha

Lordie

HSC
I'm doing "The Mascot" - a documentary of Mark Kurzem(the director), his father was a Jewish boy, whose family were massacred by SS officers. He escaped, and was adopted by an SS officer's family, and made into a 'Nazi' boy. It links really well with the 'Individual memory' from Genia's history in TFG.

I also use a newspaper article on "Changi", with historians criticising some symbols and the events depicted in the mini-series, however other historians say tha multiple interpretations, of the same event, from multiple sources are needed in gaining a true understanding of what 'actually' occured!

Katrina91

HSC
MOVIES:
Hope and GLory
Life is Beautiful
The Last Emperor
Sofie's Choice
Schindler's List
Silver City
The Glass Box

FICTION & POETRY:
Briar Rose
Beloved
The Longest Memory
Joseph's Coat

NON-FICTION:
Angela's Ashes
Wild Swans
Hiroshima
Paula
The Lost Children
Stolen Children
Ceremony

those are some texts from a booklet my teacher gave out.
she highly recommended watching Schindler's List and Sophie's Choice..

thatjayderig

HSC
hey did anyone do The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas? or does anyone know how to relate that to history / memory? im kinda stuck on which one it is history/memory and how/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)