The F1 Thread (2 Viewers)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Schuey is not going to step foot in a mclaren.

Finger boy penalised for blocking, back to p10 for him YAY!!!!

MS / FM / KR podium :)

And Ferrari announcement tonight :(

And I officially have no fingernails left from 9 hours of sitting on a train stressing about qualifying =/

- L1n -

HSC

No schuey is gonna retire NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMFOFOZOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR

well it's all over for ferrari enxt season looks like alonso is gonna have it all his way for a few seasons now. Unless Kimi can step up even though i blame more on Mclaren then himself. MS has atleast another good 3 yrs in him. Easy

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I have never cried so much in my life. And the race is only half way through.

Farewell Schumacher, even though a certain person in this thread always calls you a bastard, you were one of the greatest F1 drivers.
You will always have a place in my heart.

*Goes back to crying*
I dunno what to do now. I'm already feeling empty.

Kimi and Massa until 2009.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC

Orange Juice said:
its over for ferrari next season? sheesh...
Whats that supposed to mean?

Anyway I think its was quite sad to see a great driver go -although 2 years ago I would have done anything to see Schumi retire, I can't believe its actually going to happen. Cape you're "dreamteam" idea sounded great, too bad it didn't turn out that way :(

As for Kimi- its wonderful news!! ..and yes I will support him at Ferrari, Mc Laren have been good to him (just not good enough).. it'll be a strange thing to put down the black and silver and replace it with the red.. I'm sure next season will be great for Kimi. :D
---
Congratulations to Schumi for another win a Monza!

And of course.. YAY YAY YAY for KIMI... we actually finished a race (and 2nd) :D :D woohoo!! :p

Oh and we can't forget Kubica- well done on a first podium finish..

btw if your interested OJ- Sato finished 16th (atleast he finished) ;)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC

It would be a great send off if he can take out the championship, the next 3 races should be great, especially now that the points are so close.

Its obvious that kimi is going to ferrari, him, jean todt and schumacher were getting very chummy on the podium.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

No more Schumacher! I feel like sinigng! And dancing! And rubbing it in Cape's face! And drawing it out for as long as possible! Like this! Using as many exclamation marks as possible!

But seriously, I see this is a good thing. Schumacher was the man who single-handedly made Formula One boring and it was Alonso who sparked a slight revival. Anyone notice how Cape claims he's the useless over-hyped driver?

Anyway, Kimi to Ferrari next year. Does this mean I'm going to have to don the scarlet once more (I used to be a Schumacher fan, but I saw the light and crossed over)? Maybe I can get away with supporting two teams; Ferrari because they have Kimi and McLaren because their cars are shiny. Not shiny as in silver; for some reason I use shiny as a euphamism for sweet.

Actually, while I can support those two, methinks I'll follow Kovalainen. Now that my interest in the sport can peak onec more; I'll need a new driver to follow with this renewed interest.

And if Schumacher wins the championship and then retires from the sport, we're going to see someone carrying the number 0 once more, which hasn't been done since Damon Hill back when he was driving for Williams in the early 1990s. So who would carry it, Kimi or Massa?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Theres going to be a bunch of Tifoso and Tifosa in this thread now ;)
Welcome Tifosi's! For next year anyway :p

eLmo - That dream team would have been great. Schumacher and Kimi are definately the two best drivers in the field at the moment. They are heads and sholders above Alonso.
I'd expect Kimi to be fighting with Massa for the championship, especially since everyone is switching to bridgestones (apparently its something like 2004 construction tyres). Kimi has the raw speed to get 100% out of any car, proved it last night with that Mclaren in second place. Great drive by Kimi anyway :)
And Kubica - well done to him too, although his podium was overshadowed.

ObjectsInSpace - ya mong! You want to start me. You closet Schumacher - lover. Theres always going to be a driver who is going to be dominant. We aren't going to have another 2003. Alonso did not spark a revival - the only spark that was happening was from Mclaren engines.
Who will carry the 0, I guess whoever finishes higher in the championship, Kimi or Massa. They are pretty close at the moment.
If your coming to the "red" side, I can lend you some Ferrari shirts :p
And Mclarens cars wont be shiney next year, I don't think. Vodafone is coming, they want a red car.

As for me, I dunno who I'll support. Probably Kimi. Massa is a good driver, but I don't think he can win the WDC. Kimi can, hes shown that hes a true racer.

Schuey to win his 8th championship this season, couldn't help but laugh when Nando's engine blew up :)

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

After finishing third in what was only his third start, I wouldn't be surprised if Kubica became hot property next year. Don't know if he's been confirmed for a Sauber seat next year, but that vacant McLaren drive is still up for grabs as far as I know ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

No way is he going to Mclaren. Ronnie boy wants Hamilton. He just won the GP2 championship and hes going to test for Mclaren later in the year.

If its not Hamiton, then it will be de la Rosa, although having two Spainards on the same team probably wouldn't sit down well with the sponsors.

Kubica will stay at BMW Sauber, especially since JV has gone onto a music career.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC

i bought JV's album from iTunes...:p..sings better than he drives

anyways, i agree, i'll support mclaren and kimi next year...
ferrari better make him WC before Mclaren make nando WC

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

HAHAHAHA ... why on earth did you do that?
JV is shit at singing and driving!

Ok, since you didn't ask the question, I will. What happens if Schumacher wins the championship and retires someone will get 0, but what does the other driver get? Number 2?

And Kimi at Ferrari will be champion before Alonso at Mclaren. Mclaren have lost Newy, and Tombazis. And not to meantion that merc can't build an engine that can't go kaboom, they will be in trouble, especially with the engine freeze introduced from China onwards.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

The other driver always carries number 2. I think it was in 1994, back when Williams were sponsored by Rothmans that Hill carried the 0 and Prost raced under the number 2 because Mansell had left for Indy Cars at the end of the 1993 season. I'm not sure if it's the team's number 1 or number 2 driver who gets the number; that Hill had the 0 suggests he was number one driver, but Prost was a vastly superior racer.

Of course the system may have changed; Kimi could carry the number 2 and Massa the number 24 (as there's 22 cars on the grid, but no number 1 or 13), or Kimi would run with the 2, Massa carries 3, Alonso would have 4 and so on so that the second Super Aguri would be number 24. That said, I think carrying the 0 is still the most likely thing, assuming Schumacher can win the title.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Hmm ... Interesting. Thanks :)

0 and 2 will look very weird. It would be so cool for Kimi to have 0 :D

ObjectsInSpace said:
assuming Schumacher can win the title.
You bet your bottom dollar on it.

I'd prefer Schumacher to take the number 1 into retirement, than for Alonso to take the number 1 to Mclaren.

ohdato

HSC

Who else is digging Kubica!!!??? I thought he was awesome. Totally outclassed Heinfeild. But that said he needs some trimming on those bushes that he has
got for eyebrows lol.

I dont think MSC wanted to do that last night. He just looked as tho he still wanted to go for more. That said he has been a great bloke for the sport and
for Ferarri.

After seeing Alonso's blocking of Massa I think that was a HUGE fuck up on FIAs behalf and any involvement on Ferarri's behalf is a shame. But even if he was up the front Kubica would of drilled him :D.

Webber did well to keep it on for a finish. Most probably limited to the hilt so
it wouldn't die but hey...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I didn't have a dig at him! But his podium was merely overshadowed by Ferrari's and Michael's announcement.

And why the fuck am I reading reports about Michael retiring so that Massa can have a seat in the peak of his career!
Massa is a good driver, but he won't win a WDC. He'll play a nice number 2 to Kimi :uhhuh:
ARGH!

And FIA have been fucking people over since, well, forever. I must admit, that this year, is very bad. Even I (yes me!) am starting to think that they want Schumacher to win the title and retire on top.

And channel 10 better have a very damn good excuse for putting the Chinese GP on at 10:30pm :mad1:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Kubica was not over-shadowed by Ferrari and Schumacher; when I checked out F1.com, I was quite surprised and happy to see that the Pole had taken third (I'm now waiting the headlines for this first pole position ...); evidently the kid has promise. After checking the results, then I went to see Ferrari's driver line-up announcement.

And Ten's "very damn good excuse" for showing the Chinese GP so late is their ratings. The only one they show live during the day is at Albert Park; Sepang, Shanghai and Suzuka all get put back because there's something that draws better ratings on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)