• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The effectiveness of Energy Drinks/Energy-charged food before an Exam? (1 Viewer)

OhNivlek2

HSC
I don't mind any. I try not to drink before exams because i'm afraid i might need to go toilet xO!

seakebab said:
NOOOOOOOOOO ENERGY DRINKS. Water is the way to go, water makes my brain move and flow with energies brimming with intelligence.

:hammer:
Darren, ahaha.

beve

Jesus
HSC
a strongish coffee does me fine.

but then again; i am an addict

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i drink energy drinks before the cram session. water before exams.

bubblesss

HSC
marcquelle said:
water, energy drinks are an electrolyte an imbalance of electrolyte can cause dehydration which can cause an unfocused mind. & they can also provide a sugar "high" which will make you "come down" after a hour or so.
Many also act as a dietretic, so i just stick to water or if anything furit juice before hand and take a bottle of water in with me to replenish my energy levels during the exam

ur talking science man!!!!!!!!

bawd

HSC
youngminii said:
Should try drinking Mother, the new 500mL one
Works like a charm
I drank it the night before at around 11ish and fit in 8 hours of cram study for English.. Only to crash at the exam ==;; I was only mildly tired during the exam so all is well
It actually works, I've tried V and Red Bull, Mother keeps you awake and focused =D
Of course it works. Have people realised they haven't actually doubled the energy hit, just doubled the size? One new Mother is equivalent to two Red Bulls, which tastes better if you buy the Krating Daeng version anyway. The old Mother, (if anyone managed to get past the disgusting taste) gave you an amazing high that was just like 'Zip, bang, wooh!'

PS: BTW, I had a can of V and Rhino before my exam yesterday, and I actually felt amazingly awake and alert even for several hours after the exam. No downswings whatsoever. But, drink responsibly. I wouldn't recommend doing it all the time. Getting a good night's sleep before an exam is much more healthy.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
tea is the best it keeps you calm yet gives you slow release energy

bawd

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
tea is the best it keeps you calm yet gives you slow release energy
Which teas? Not those bottled Lipton/Nestea sugar loaded ones, surely? The only tea I can think of that calms me down is Chamomile, but it's a sedative tea.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
bawd said:
Which teas? Not those bottled Lipton/Nestea sugar loaded ones, surely? The only tea I can think of that calms me down is Chamomile, but it's a sedative tea.
i find peppermint works best :)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
-may-cat- said:
i find peppermint works best :)
That's 'cause it tastes like crap
That crap taste sticks to the back of your mouth for hours

elliotkool

HSC
i usually pump a can of V a few minute before the exam and bring a bottle of water in to stay hydrated and awake

bawd

HSC
elliotkool said:
i usually pump a can of V a few minute before the exam and bring a bottle of water in to stay hydrated and awake
Doesn't that make you need to go to the toilet halfway? Caffeine is a diuretic, ya know? Not to mention all the water you're drinking.

youngminii said:
That's 'cause it tastes like crap
That crap taste sticks to the back of your mouth for hours
:mad1:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
bawd said:
Doesn't that make you need to go to the toilet halfway? Caffeine is a diuretic, ya know? Not to mention all the water you're drinking.
OH MY GOD
I COULDN'T FINISH THE CONCLUSION OF MY SECTION III ENGLISH ADV. PAPER 1 BECAUSE I WENT TO THE DAMN TOILET TWICE BECAUSE OF THAT

Strange thing was, I hadn't drunk anything since the nights prior to the test
Arrgh

bawd

HSC
youngminii said:
OH MY GOD
I COULDN'T FINISH THE CONCLUSION OF MY SECTION III ENGLISH ADV. PAPER 1 BECAUSE I WENT TO THE DAMN TOILET TWICE BECAUSE OF THAT

Strange thing was, I hadn't drunk anything since the nights prior to the test
Arrgh
So, you went to the toilet twice because you couldn't finish Section III of your English Advanced Paper 1? That is suss indeed.

Syntax, syntax.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
bawd said:
So, you went to the toilet twice because you couldn't finish Section III of your English Advanced Paper 1? That is suss indeed.

Syntax, syntax.
LOL
My bad, I couldn't finish my paper because I went to the toilet twice
Haha :sleep: :hammer:

Well yeah, that was terrible
I felt like cutting myself with my pen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)