The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

timeflies

HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Mate, change that to leading by 369 runs. Australia's feeling it now... SA needa make 600+ and declare. Then we can entertain ourselves looking at the facial expressions of Mitchell Johnson and Michael Clarke. ;)
600+? Haha there's no need for that! If they bat that long, they'll bat themselves out of the game and it'll be a draw. They need some good captaincy and an early declaration to give themselves a good chance to bowl Australia out considering rain looming on that last day. I'm sure Aus can't even chase 400+ in the 4th innings. The highest ever successful fourth innings run chase was around 420 iirc. SA should make 450 and declare.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

If the highest run chase ever was 420, declare at 420 and make it obvious that Australia have to make a world record to win. Extra pressure that way, rather than just arbitrarily getting 500 and going 'okay go with that', i think.

crazy_paki123

HSC

the pitch looked like it was already wearing out yesterday. Imagine facing a swinging ball with uneven bounce from Dale Steyn or unforgiving bouncer from Morkel. I think they already have enough of a lead to bowl them out especially with the brittle nature of the Aussies top order. Considering there is rain forecast on the last day if i were Graeme Smith Id let Amla get his century and get straight into knocking over the Aussies

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Clarke's face in the news headlines today - priceless

What channel are you guys watching the cricket on? Fox? Or internet?

crazy_paki123

HSC

Once again the Proteas show why they have the best bowling attack in the world, absolutely destroyed the Aussies batting line up. Steyn the best bowler by far along with a Mcgrath-like Philander. Then they have the best batsman in AB de Villiers along with Amla and co. I think the Aussies should be happy they won a match against the best and leave it at that

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The Official Cricket Thread

Well fuck .... If Clarke could bat properly and we didn't get two ducks then we might of had a chance.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
The Official Cricket Thread

Such is the reason why Steyn is my favourite bowler and de Villiers is up there for one of my favourite batsmen. :)

Clarke has been struggling with form recently, especially as he has picked up the habit of being bowled frequently. He can certainly do a lot better than he is now though and I am not really even a Clarke fan (that is me being nice about him actually), but I acknowledge his potential.
I agree. He isn't consistent...... Clarke (and the most of his team ) are terrible at batting. They early get above 40 runs. Knowing the calibre of India and south Africa's bowling and batting, I think Australia will struggle against both of them.

crazy_paki123

HSC

I agree. He isn't consistent...... Clarke (and the most of his team ) are terrible at batting. They early get above 40 runs. Knowing the calibre of India and south Africa's bowling and batting, I think Australia will struggle against both of them.
Ahahhhaaahahahaa. You serious mate? India is shockingly bad. Recently they got destroyed by New Zeland in both tests and ODI's. They have lost alot of tests, in fact i think they have lost every series except for when they beat the Aussies in India. India's bowling is terrible and the only notable batsman is Kohli who plays well in and outside the subcontinent. Even Pakistan who rarely play cricket these days defeated India in India with ease. I still dont know how they are number 3 or something in both formats. India are overrated and never go full retard again lol

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

Ahahhhaaahahahaa. You serious mate? India is shockingly bad. Recently they got destroyed by New Zeland in both tests and ODI's. They have lost alot of tests, in fact i think they have lost every series except for when they beat the Aussies in India. India's bowling is terrible and the only notable batsman is Kohli who plays well in and outside the subcontinent. Even Pakistan who rarely play cricket these days defeated India in India with ease. I still dont know how they are number 3 or something in both formats. India are overrated and never go full retard again lol
Lol

I only read up on SA and AU not India Ahaha.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Mate, India are up there on the top of the ladder for a reason ahahah. If you've been following them you'll know why :p

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

Hmm... SA VS AU.. , what do you think will happen next?

A thumping by SA?? A win for AU?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Mate, India are up there on the top of the ladder for a reason ahahah. If you've been following them you'll know why :p
they're at the top because they doctor their pitches at home to be rank turners. They crumble outside the subcontinent

seanieg89

HSC

Is the reason their incredible streak of 14 away games without a win? (The most recent being a narrow win over the powerful West Indies mid 2011).

crazy_paki123

HSC

Hyper_Bole do you seriously take the rankings seriosuly? Dear god. ICC is corrupt to begin with and the rankings are terribbly inaccurate. New Zealand hammered India recently and moved one or two spots up whilst India stay 2nd or 3rd in both formats despite getting waloped by every decent team. Pakistan and Sri Lanka are below them somehow and they will both beat India in the Asia Cup. India are over hyped, over paid and over rated

timeflies

HSC

Hyper_Bole do you seriously take the rankings seriosuly? Dear god. ICC is corrupt to begin with and the rankings are terribbly inaccurate. New Zealand hammered India recently and moved one or two spots up whilst India stay 2nd or 3rd in both formats despite getting waloped by every decent team. Pakistan and Sri Lanka are below them somehow and they will both beat India in the Asia Cup. India are over hyped, over paid and over rated
Preach it brother. Words from a true Paki :haha:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Fuarr classic catch by Bravo

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

GG Australia got steamrolled by the west indies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)