The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

bdude

HSC
what's that exactly? haven't heard anything about it.
We're beginning to use the chips in chip credit cards. It starts soon..... 16th maybe.

Basically now cards with the chips in them must be inserted into the bottom of the PinPad and remain there until the transaction is approved.

Also, the Quickpay options are changing from having the (somehow confusing for some people) Option 1 and Option 2 to just, when a customer selects CHQ or SAV, asking how much cash out they want.

A little annoying tidbit is when it's implemented, FlyBuys cards will no longer be able to be swiped they can only be scanned/key entered.

awaitingtrain

HSC
I have no freakin idea what you're on about... Our store isn't exactly up to date so I won't expect to see anything of what you just said in the store :).
And I'm mainly on night fill so it wouldn't faze me that much anyway.

OH! Am I the only one that hates the barcodes on Kinder Surprises?? They NEVER WORK!!! I have to type the freakin item code in and the customer always has a bitch about it cause their kid is screaming and wants their chocolate. :shoot:

greekgun

HSC
We're beginning to use the chips in chip credit cards. It starts soon..... 16th maybe.

Basically now cards with the chips in them must be inserted into the bottom of the PinPad and remain there until the transaction is approved.

Also, the Quickpay options are changing from having the (somehow confusing for some people) Option 1 and Option 2 to just, when a customer selects CHQ or SAV, asking how much cash out they want.

A little annoying tidbit is when it's implemented, FlyBuys cards will no longer be able to be swiped they can only be scanned/key entered.
oh thats just fantastic
just when ive trained all the bogans to swipe there fly buys, coles takes that away from us.
But yeah, about time we start using the chip technology, alot of customers seem to want to use it (ie - they insert the card in).

bouncingfire

HSC
the eftpos readers at my store i work at have had the slot for ages. I think when they first installed them they were getting people to use the chip.

jirwin

HSC
I haven't been told anything about the chip insert. A few months ago we had signs and pamphlets telling customers to do it but they suddenly disappeared. Some customers have asked whether they swipe or insert so I guess changing over won't be that hard for some people.

It's quite ironic taking away the ability for customers to swipe their own flybuys because recently I had to read and sign a sheet about good customer service and this sheet specifically said to tell customers they could swipe their own flybuys card!

bdude

HSC
It could be a region/area trial to see how the software works, I'm not sure.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
the eftpos readers at my store i work at have had the slot for ages. I think when they first installed them they were getting people to use the chip.

yeah but the chip readers are shit. at our coles when people use the chip in the EFPOS with their credit card, it tells them to enter their pin, and then tells them to sign for it as well.
the pin doesn't work on it.

bdude

HSC
yeah but the chip readers are shit. at our coles when people use the chip in the EFPOS with their credit card, it tells them to enter their pin, and then tells them to sign for it as well.
the pin doesn't work on it.
So you guys have the chip cards working already? I found out our upgrade's the morning of the 17th and was thinking how awful it would be if something broke!

IIRC from the Woolworths thread, that's because of the bank or something because chip cards are processed through a different bank system or something.

TheStallion

HSC
Any other stores have stocktake coming up? Ours is on the 23rd, it sure doesn't feel like 6 months has gone by since we did it last. =\

jirwin

HSC
Ours is usually in May/June and November and on Monday night 6pm-9pm. They post a sign that says ALL team members MUST be available to do stocktake on [date and time]. If our next stocktake is on a Monday then I won't be able to do it as I don't finish TAFE until 7.30pm. Ah well I'm not sad about that, stocktake is boring but it is easy money.

bdude

HSC
OMG Chip cards = MASSIVE FAIL

About 3 of our registers' EFTPOS machines have crapped themselves, when they do work for about 1/3 transactions the machine will just time out and you have to push EFTPOS all over again and there's a massive delay between selecting YES on verify signature for the drawer to open.

Grrrrrrr apparently techs from Sydney are coming down tomorrow, hoepfully they can work their magic.

greekgun

HSC
Eh
Why are chips so "secure" anyway?
How is it different between swiping your card?
Either way its Pin number or signiture verfied...

bdude

HSC
Yeah, the programs on the chip cards are a lot harder to copy (encrypted) than a magnetic strip.

greekgun

HSC
Ah yeah
i guess i see how that could work
but it would be pretty redundent if the magnetic strips were still around...

HSC
but if a card has a chip, you can't swipe it (well you can, but it takes quite a bit more effort, and we're not supposed to allow it). not sure if coles is the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)