THE BEST SUBJECT???? if it exists (1 Viewer)

Dan_the_man

Sport and Rec :p doesn't count towards anything.... but it was fun
a good change from Physics, 4 Unit Maths, Adv Eng, Software etc

I definitely did not like SDD cos our teacher bailed on us at the start of year 12 so we basically had to do it ourselves but were too lazy

I took a leaf out of his book and bailed halfway through both my trial and HSC exam

drolle

it has to be 4u maths, because

a) it's a lot more intersting than 2u and 3u
b) it's scaled up so high it's not funny
c) you get 4 units for the price of 2! (unlike english :p)

who could resist?

I agree ultimate, self teaching is the best way to learn (for me at least). I managed to be mostly self taught anyway, because I was usually about a week ahead of the teacher :)

also I couldn't do SLR (sport leisure rec.) because it was on the same line as 4u maths, but everyone who did it said it was their favourite subject.

I definately recommed AGAINST design and tech! It was good in year 11, but in year 12 it's basically just a lot of rediculous paperwork -- it was the most work out of all my subjects -- and it gets scaled down heaps! Maybe it would be better with a different teacher, but I count my self very lucky that I had enough units to drop it.

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Modern History > Very interesting, good fun and we had an awesome class. It was also my best subject too :)

afnya

software and physics were my faves. design and tech is ok. the work is easy but theres a lot of it. also if ur a last minute type of person dont do it. but comin into the hsc after major project has been finished its heaps good cause its one less exam to study for cause u cant study for the exam.:D

Rahul

Dead Member
TEACHERS????

some teachers r not really teachers.....i have heard this from many ppl.

personally, my sdd teacher left us half way last yr(yr11) for a holiday!!! we were doing our major work...our first program. our class tought each other on our own. no help at all from our teachers.

it was only the perlim year for me...so not too bad.
BUT wat bout the HSC guys....they were stuffed!!

and many ppl have said dat sdd paper was extremely hard.

Fi

Dramaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....studies of religion, and Modern history:D .............................:( :( :( :( I'm sad it's all over.

mmhmm

legal studies!!!

reasons y i liked it:
1. it probably was my best subject...that and extension history.
2. we had so much fun in class......i loved having those very heated discussions.
3. was very interesting in some sort of weird way.

hmmm im gonna really miss the fun i had at school during class...wish it could b like that at uni!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Economics - relevant, logical and interesting (plus there were friday trivia quizzes!)

3u maths - great class, and I like the objectivity of maths

ext1 english - no/minimal work required, small, fun class

ext2 english - took pressure off advanced (which i hated) and was interesting, great class, lots of freedom etc...

chemistry - interesting and straightforward, it also indulged my pyromanic tendencies [ can we test for hydrogen, please please??? I think we need to do a flame test....]

moden history - most socially acceptable subject, gives u knowledge you can use in discussions and when reading the paper and understanding politics and books. Love it!

So yes...clearly my theory was that I only do subjects I love! [except adv eng, but i had no choice in the matter ]

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by timmii

chemistry - interesting and straightforward, it also indulged my pyromanic tendencies [ can we test for hydrogen, please please??? I think we need to do a flame test....]

The thing I liked about chemistry when we had free time was placing some sodium into a bucket of water and watching it explode :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
actually on the topic of exploding/burning/assorted things ... dt has got to one of the best subjects ... especially with *melting* metal instruments ... and mass amounts of wood ... :D :D :D

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
My fave subject was Modern History...but it was a LOT of work.

Best subect was probably Legal Studies...it was bludgy and easy to get top marks in, at least at my school. But I think our teacher was VERY easy on us!

Rahul

Dead Member
hey while there is talk of crazy experiments....

has anyone done d superconductor experiment???

its wen the magnet levetates

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul

Yeah but we went to the Usyd to see it (as a school physics excursion).

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

i saw one ... where the magnet was frozen ... and put on a magnet tube and ... the magnet flew up ...

Rahul

Dead Member
prob the best experiment i have seen!!

liquid nitrogen can b so fun.....our chem class at school got to freeze stuff and then smash it.....apples...i think they did it wid a flower too.....soo fun.....the teachers a nut!!!

marsesbars

My teacher being the mad scientist he is, bought a kit so we could do the experiment in class. Apprarently it's not too expensive - you need a strong magnet (we used neodymium) a plastic dish and liquid nitrogen (which he says is cheaper than milk :rolleyes: ).

It's a VERY nice experiment! If you tap the suspended magnet on the side it rotates in the air!

Also, we made ice cream with the left over liquid nitrogen. Ice cream! By getting a carton of cream, 2 litres of liquid nitrogen and a bit of sugar - it tasted beautiful. Oh how I miss physics :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)