The Bali Bombers' Execution (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Re: the countdown to the bali bombers' execution - I'm excited!

Propadanda said:
I'm talking about the Bali bombers, kinda seeing as that is what the thread is about.

Freedom from what? How is/was Islam oppressed in Bali? I'm quite certain there is a freedom of religion in that country, so what did these [to quote Graney] "liberators" need to "fight" against, to achieve freedom? They had religious freedom. That wasn't the motive, they only wanted to murder those that opposed their doctrine.

"The Punishment for those who oppose Allah and his messenger is : Execution or Crucifixion or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides or exile from the land"

And I'm not just quoting that to start an argument, I am well aware that there are similar passages in the Bible and that the vast, vast majority of Muslims understand phrases such as this contextually, and reserve that punishment for Allah, or something like that, but this is something I can see a terrorist justifying their actions through.

Oh and this is the definition of a terrorist according the FBI, "Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."
Cool rant, now fucking read the thread and context. Neb's asked if a case for terrorism could ever be made.

I posted a bunch of shit about how "terrorism" is a lie. It's a debate of semantics. Read post #25. War on radical islam I fully endorse.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Mmmhmm. It's the main reason why K.Rudd should have approached the case with absolute opposition, rather than the murky stance he's show thus far.

You'd hope Indonesia would notice that Australians generally care more about murdering 88 people (or whatever) than smuggling drugs into Australia, but I don't hold much hope for the scummy Indonesians.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Why the hell do Aussies like Indonesia so much?

Australia's like surrounded by water.

Terlob

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
People in this thread clamouring for the blood and deaths of these people are no better than the terrorists themselves.
Seconded. I tend to think lifetime behind bars would be worse than death anyway.

They're getting a lot of publicity off this too... if they had just been locked up there wouldn't have been any of this "martyrdom" shit.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
I really hope that the bombers calls for attacks on "infidels" doesnt happen

Actually i wonder how muslisms (extremeists im not generalising) would feel in christains called them infidels and killed them in the name of god

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
chicky_pie said:
When you terrorists die, what waits you is not heaven, 100 virgins or god, but realising that there is no heaven or god when you die, just darkness - and silence. Enjoy Atheism losers. :p
Eh?

They have Islam/Muslim Heaven.
Who's excited about this execution? I know I am. :)
The judicial system laboured the point of condemning these cunts, and it proved to be a slow, arduous process.
What justice is there, anyhow?

I don't care.

Propadanda

HSC
N/A

Graney said:
Cool rant, now fucking read the thread and context. Neb's asked if a case for terrorism could ever be made.

I posted a bunch of shit about how "terrorism" is a lie. It's a debate of semantics. Read post #25. War on radical islam I fully endorse.
Ha, yeah that's probably a good idea for next time.

And to whoever said that people clamouring for the death of these terrorists are as bad as the terrorists themselves, just, no.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
zstar said:
Why the hell do Aussies like Indonesia so much?

Australia's like surrounded by water.

I assume because it's cheaper than going up to QLD, i.e doing water activities, shopping, pirated dvd's, visiting Corby and etc.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
ITS OFFICIAL

:)
I am not very enthusiastic about the death penalty. I am disgusted by the knowledge that they are regarded as martyrs.

They should have just been taken to some rotten island and suffer the hardships of surviving in such an unwelcoming condition for the rest of their lives and go through painful but slow deaths until they die of starvation and pain. I cannot believe that they are even allowed a visit!!!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Well it's hardly a similar situation - killing hundreds of innocent civilians vs wayward drug mule. I hope theyll put the pressure on. Mcclellan tried to during the election, but the opposition jumped on it (Costello went on about how theyre defending terrorists etc), so Rudd had to shut him up

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I'm not usually an advocate for capital punishment though in this instance I am wholeheartedly supportive.

When I read arguments about how they should just have received life imprisonment or sent to some isolated island, fact of the matter is that their guilt is undeniable .

Why can't they just receive life imprisonment? Because...

Indonesia does not have a just prosecutory/governmental system. Keeping them alive, for me, was a constant concern that they would either be broken out by force from fellow Islamic extremists or pardoned in some disgusting perversion of the law, or after a certain period in prison by the "President".

They are better dead, and their followers threats of retaliation should be no excuse not to have them killed. We do not give in to the demands of terrorism. I wonder if the smiling assasin smiled as he looked down the barrel of the guns.

May G-d have mercy on us all.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
tbh, they probably just said they killed them and let them out the back door
wacko!

sdsdsdsdsd

HSC
Three dead radical Muslims, hundreds of dead tourists and schoolies and locals to come.

lala2

Banned
HSC

I'm pretty apathetic one way or the other. I know I should feel sympathy for the victims, which I do, but the case has been dragging on for way too long and the other thing is, I can't prove it for certain but this was probably just a response to Bush's extremist foreign policy. Extremism nurtures extremism. I think I read in an article somewhere that a lot of what has been happening over the last 8 years is due to Bush's conservative foreign policies. Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, and I even suspect Iran is just trying to be a troublemaker and irk America rather than cause any sort of real trouble. I'm not saying they're inherently good, because they did a terrible thing, but if Bush had not been elected, I wonder if any of this would've happened?

sdsdsdsdsd

HSC

lala2 said:
I'm pretty apathetic one way or the other. I know I should feel sympathy for the victims, which I do, but the case has been dragging on for way too long and the other thing is, I can't prove it for certain but this was probably just a response to Bush's extremist foreign policy. Extremism nurtures extremism. I think I read in an article somewhere that a lot of what has been happening over the last 8 years is due to Bush's conservative foreign policies. Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, and I even suspect Iran is just trying to be a troublemaker and irk America rather than cause any sort of real trouble. I'm not saying they're inherently good, because they did a terrible thing, but if Bush had not been elected, I wonder if any of this would've happened?
Islam is a disgusting religion based around violence and hate for other religions, bush just set the bomb off.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

sdsdsdsdsd said:
Islam is a disgusting religion based around violence and hate for other religions, bush just set the bomb off.
I disagree. It really depends on what faction of Muslims you look at. Some radical Muslims can be extremely dangerous in terms of ideals they hold but majority of Muslims are advocates of peace like many of us.

I myself learnt about Islam in the last two years during my SOR class. I am definitely in short of religious knowledge but I do have a light grasp of what the Islam really stands for. It's just that those radical Muslims mis-interpret the Qu'ran and perceives terrorist acts as Jihad which is extremely stupid.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Happy days for the victims. :lol:

I wonder if someone caught it on video?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)