• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Bali Bombers' Execution (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
The trio - Amrozi, Mukhlas and Iman Samudr - will face a firing squad, possibly as soon this weekend, after Indonesia's Attorney-General's office announced last week they would executed in early November, the Herald Sun reported.

Amrozi, Mukhlas and Iman Samudr were sentenced to death by firing squad for their role in the October 2002 attacks, which killed 202 people, including 88 Australians.

As the Bali bombers approach the end of their lives their angry rhetoric has increased with a letter from all three urging their Muslim brotherhood to "claim war and kill" everyone involved in their executions, including the Indonesian President.

It says that if Allah destines them to die from the bullets of police then it will be a savage action.

"To all Islamic people, especially Mujahidin wherever they are, it is your obligation to claim war and kill the persons involved in the execution, like Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, (the President) Jusuf Kalla,(vice-president) Andi Mattalatta (Justice Minister), Hendarman Supandji (AG), AH Ritonga (special crimes prosecutor), all the Judges and prosecutors, Hindus, Kaffir and hypocrite Christians and all the execution team, American's slaves etc," the letter says.

They further call for all supporters of their execution to also be killed.

And they say that for Mujahidin everywhere, including Osama bin Laden, to "get revenge, blood with blood, life with life".

They ask their supporters to pray that their deaths will be as martyrs.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24571530-401,00.html
When you terrorists die, what waits you is not heaven, 100 virgins or god, but realising that there is no heaven or god when you die, just darkness - and silence. Enjoy Atheism losers. :p

Who's excited about this execution? I know I am. :)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Re: the countdown to the bali bombers' execution - I'm excited!

Lost two close family friends in this. You may remember on an ACA special, their fathers were illegally searching the morgues in a last ditch attempt to find the bodies. Absoulutely tragic and heart breaking for all of us, least of all their poor parents.

So, not so much excitement as 'finalllllly.'

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

sonyaleeisapixi said:
Lost two close family friends in this. You may remember on an ACA special, their fathers were illegally searching the morgues in a last ditch attempt to find the bodies. Absoulutely tragic and heart breaking for all of us, least of all their poor parents.

So, not so much excitement as 'finalllllly.'

To the deaths of those who killed your two close family friends, if I was you - celebrate the execution of these terrorists, afterwards - reminisce the good times with your family friends, the pain the victims went through, now these bastards could taste it on the back of their heads when the bullets goes through to their head and heart. :apig: :apig: :apig:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

The death penalty is always abhorrent.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Does anyone think that a case for terrorism can ever be made?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

chicky_pie said:
To the deaths of those who killed your two close family friends, if I was you - celebrate the execution of these terrorists, afterwards - reminisce the good times with your family friends, the pain the victims went through, now these bastards could taste it on the back of their heads when the bullets goes through to their head and heart. :apig: :apig: :apig:
I came to terms with it a long time ago, as much as one can. I went to Bali for the one year anniversary with their parents. I'm involved in the Dunn-Lewis foundation in Ulladulla that aims to preserve their memory by providing youth services.

Their execution isnt what will bring families relief or some sort of resolution with whats happened.
As I said, for myself and my family and friends, its more a 'finally'. They dont deserve to be alive.

Scissors

HSC

this shit's taken so long! it's always either "no, we can't execute them cause it's ramadan", or "no, we can't kill them cause there's an appeal going through"

kill those mother fuckers for god's sake.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Might visit Bali soon to watch the fireworks

wait, those aren't fireworks. THEY'RE BOMBS!

RUN!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Does anyone think that a case for terrorism can ever be made?
I think it's a really absurd situation where it's okay for the state to kill and dominate people, but whenever individuals organise and fight for their freedom, even if they're fighting against a tyrranous state, it's considered the worst of crimes.

People happily accept that the state should have all this power and are terrified of individuals who fight against oppression. Madness.

I think the intention of a lot of the anti-terror propaganda is to enforce states power and remove individuals liberty to oppose the state by any means necessary.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC

chicky_pie said:
Who's excited about this execution? I know I am. :)
you disgust me.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Graney said:
I think it's a really absurd situation where it's okay for the state to kill and dominate people, but whenever individuals organise and fight for their freedom, even if they're fighting against a tyrranous state, it's considered the worst of crimes.

People happily accept that the state should have all this power and are terrified of individuals who fight against oppression. Madness.

I think the intention of a lot of the anti-terror propaganda is to enforce states power and remove individuals liberty to oppose the state by any means necessary.
I disagree. A state has a right to defend itself, and a 'freedom fighter' has alternative means.
ANC, Mandella.
Non-violence, non-cooperation is more successful and garners more support for their cause in the long run. The idea that we should have sympathy for those who would kill US - you and me - to spark terror in our families and countrymen, is piss weak. It also doesnt really work, as strategic bombing (save the nuclear variety) has shown

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

Iron said:
I disagree. A state has a right to defend itself, and a 'freedom fighter' has alternative means.
Do they? Always, really? A sufficiently powerfull and aggressive state will quickly and easily run over non-violent public resistance. Sometimes violence is necessary. Violence is one of many tools in fighting oppression.

Iron said:
The idea that we should have sympathy for those who would kill US - you and me - to spark terror in our families and countrymen, is piss weak
I in no way endorse the actions of the bali bombers, or anyone who would deliberately cause unnecessary harm against civilians. "terrorism" is the loosest of definitions and when applied to the destruction of government, military and civic institutions by groups of individuals, for the purpose of opposing tyranny, I fully endorse this means.

All I'm saying is "terrorism" is not an absolute evil, often less so than war by the state.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

I dont see how you can even begin to justify it. The aim is to terrify civilians, so leaders are pressured into conceeding to terrorist terms. You say they may be forced to do this because they are weak? If the state is not seeking to exterminate them, then they have alternative means. If they're after greater independence, that does not justify taking innocent life

walkahz

HSC
they should light a firework in these pricks asses and let them die slowly and painfully from the injury's:devil:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Define your terms. Terrorism to me, is a label the state places whenever any non-state based group performs any violent action.

Assasinating political leaders is terrorism. Militias fighting the american military in Iraq are terrorists. Certainly if a U.S. military installation was attacked by a non-state based group, it would be labelled terrorism. All sorts of forms of protest are labelled terrorism. Greenpeace and similar groups have been labelled by some as terrorism, and under the present loose definition it's not an unreasonable label.

If you wish to define terrorism strictly as direct violence against civilians, then that's not something I support.

Terrorism seems to me to be a bullshit term invented by the state to control and suppress any action against the state. Make people hate and fear those who seek to liberate them. It's a hugely emotive and manipulating label, that acts to obscure the real, moral and dignified ideals some "terrorist" groups may hold.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I agree that it can be a handy term for a state, but part of the reason why there's no coordinated international response to it is because one state's baby killer is another state's freedom fighter. It's impossible to define under international law, without making a state's own military actions look hypocritical.

But we can agree that a state must challenge non-state actors who murder its civilians in the hope of maximizing their bargaining terms. Right now it's just commonsense to take this on a case by case basis, as you say. The Bali bombers, for instance, are terrorists - Obama is not

inter108

HSC
Medieval times.:hammer:

Stone the bastards to death.:mad:

They don't deserve the pleasure of a painless death.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Right now it's just commonsense to take this on a case by case basis, as you say.
Mmm, quite. I suppose that by terrorism, as Graney said, I meant it in a very loose way, likesay. As in, terrorism can be justified if the good of the act outweighs the good of not-the-act. Fairly commonsense actually. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)