the attractiveness scale 1-10, your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

dumarab

HSC
i usually give alot of 10s

mainly because the girls that get over ten (in my scale) are actors models that either have too much plastic surgory or just a good angle from the camera.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
1- KILL IT WITH FIRE!

2- Those people whose pictures are so ugly you're almost certain they're shooped.

3- Probably old. Almost certainly obese.

4- Maybe they're a prawn. Maybe they're a Monet.

5- Apathy. No strong feelings of revulsion or attraction.

6- A couple of nice features. Quirky looking, perhaps?

7- Bit of alright. If they have a good personality you'd probably have a crush on them.

8- Same as above, but maybe with a better body.

9- You probably think they're a bit out of your league.

10- We're talking about the kind of person that would happen if Chuck Bass, Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt somehow had a son together. So completely physically perfect in every way that you'd probably choke on your own tongue if you ever tried to talk to them.

I think.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
scarybunny said:
1- KILL IT WITH FIRE!

2- Those people whose pictures are so ugly you're almost certain they're shooped.

3- Probably old. Almost certainly obese.

4- Maybe they're a prawn. Maybe they're a Monet.

5- Apathy. No strong feelings of revulsion or attraction.

6- A couple of nice features. Quirky looking, perhaps?

7- Bit of alright. If they have a good personality you'd probably have a crush on them.

8- Same as above, but maybe with a better body.

9- You probably think they're a bit out of your league.

10- We're talking about the kind of person that would happen if Chuck Bass, Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt somehow had a son together. So completely physically perfect in every way that you'd probably choke on your own tongue if you ever tried to talk to them.

I think.
lol @kill it with fire.

adistar85us

HSC
shinji said:
why did he call you a mofo?
Seems that he can't put together a reasonable arguement without attacking the poster.

And why ponder upon this? There are better things to do then to ponder upon how the system of ranking a person's attractiveness is flawed.
I can and do put together good arguments. I attacked him because he attacked first....Mofo

Because I want to, and feel that attractiveness does have a lot to do with how we perceive and treat people. If you have better things to do, like saving the world, then don't post on this thread.

adistar85us

HSC
Pace_T said:
ive seen heaps of 10s. theyre everywhere.. just not at uni.
i think the reason why average people get above average ratings is because people don't want to seem rude or up themselves. e.g. i mean if i saw an average decent chick im not going to go oh shes only a 5. 5 just seems low..
i guess the average really is 6 or 7..
Hahahaha. How about the arts/nursing chicks don't some of them qualify as 10's?

adistar85us

HSC
brainwashed39 said:
5.2 is a little optimistic for that woman..
but it's the guys on that site that really get inflated scores...
what is wrong with the women on that site? are they blind?
some guys who should get KILL IT WITH FIRE are on 8.5!!
Its true then-women are blind. Majority of guys on there pushing 9's are 5 or below. Doesn't this happen often in reality as well? you see women and men cooing at some guy/gal only to find out he's a fug and she's a butterface.

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
haha yeah, i should rephrase.. "just not in my faculty"

:(

brainwashed39

HSC
adistar85us said:
Its true then-women are blind. Majority of guys on there pushing 9's are 5 or below. Doesn't this happen often in reality as well? you see women and men cooing at some guy/gal only to find out he's a fug and she's a butterface.
yeah, see, i think looks aren't everything and all.. but i am not going to pretend that some ugly guy is johnny depp just because he's nice. that's just bullshit.
but i think a lot of women have too low standards in other areas, like personality.
i think it's a low self esteem thing.

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
Riet said:
No, 10 is like once in a lifetime, if you have seen a "10" your scale is wrong. The reason 5 is average but we rate others higher is because generally we're rating people our own age approx. while there are way more people who aren't our age who we don't find attractive at all.
]

10 is virtually impossible. I agree with this. Usually in my scale, a normal looking girl will be a 6, 7 is slightly good looking, 8 is hot and 9 and 10 are virtually impossible.
Everybody has flaws, and basing it on the net where people can photoshop their images and manipulate the way they look ain't that accurate.
If you go on bebo/myspace/facebook a lot (although not the majority) photoshops or use angles to make them look better than they are in real life.

4theHSC

HSC
adistar85us said:
I am a little perplexed with the attractiveness scale (based solely on how the person looks). From 1-10, I understand that a 5 is average.

Why then do most people rate other people higher than this when in actuality most really fall into a 5? Is it because they don't want to be seen as harsh then bump the score up? Candy coating..... I have seen this countless times, even on those rating sites (hot or not etc) where everyone seems to be an 8, yes an 8. Those are rather rare and I would most likely put these people on 6-high average.

I'm "also" starting to wonder if it really does become subjective when people's looks go past 5, when certain things such as makeup, clothing, posing and lighting will enhance high average joes to 7's 8's or 10's.

How do you people see the attractiveness scale?

( Avoid corny smartass, geeky, sarcastic comments when posting)
I dunno i mean why do people care to start with? i mean no one really notices the lighting and the kind of make up they wear, do they?

freekyboi

HSC
1=no limbs
2=1 limb
3=2 limbs
4=1 functional limb
5=2 functional limbs
6=3 limbs (min 2 functional; if less up one)
7=4 limbs (min 3 functional; if less up one)
8=4 functional limbs with major disfiguration
9=Minor visible disfiguration(scars, etc.)
10=No visible disfigurations

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
10 = goddess.

ive only met one 10 in my life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)