The Arrival by Shaun Tan (1 Viewer)

sponge123

HSC
The Arrival

hey
just wonderin if u are or no sumone doin this picture book
cause i wanna do it but hv heard a lot of people are so just wanted to c

n if a lot of people are doin this is it bad to do it?

im doin the peter skrzynecki poem...any usggestions for related txt
im lookin for sumthing with a migrant/refugee theme

thanks

untitled....

HSC
Re: The Arrival

yeah we went through the arrival in class. its really good for belonging but there are a lot of pages that you can choose, so if you do it make it a really exemplary one!

tetrisam

HSC

Yeah we did one of the pages in class, and there has already been a few ppl asking to do it, so i guess its pretty common

Thangquangtu

QUANG(*)
HSC

The Arrival is a very good example of belonging as it relates to others not just from one persons perspective.

My teacher said something about fear represented in the book very well by the use of dark tones etc.

super-shinobi

HSC

I LOVE THAT BOOK! It is EXCELLENT may i say, for belonging. If you can analyse well, this book has lots of techniques etc, your response wont be superficial. =]

super-shinobi

HSC

Thangquangtu said:
The Arrival is a very good example of belonging as it relates to others not just from one persons perspective.

My teacher said something about fear represented in the book very well by the use of dark tones etc.
Hey, I see you're doing standard english but you seem to know stuff on belonging =o is standard english ppl also doing belonging orrr r u actually doing adv? xD

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

yeah we did this at our school as well, its good for belonging, but its kinda hard to deconstruct, however there are numerous techniques that can be found from the book, the guy is a good artist.

Thangquangtu

QUANG(*)
HSC

super-shinobi said:
Hey, I see you're doing standard english but you seem to know stuff on belonging =o is standard english ppl also doing belonging orrr r u actually doing adv? xD
Lol, yups I do standard english. :rofl:

The Arrival was the first text we looked at for belonging since it was interesting. Then we had to analyse Peter Skrzneycki poems T_T.

percussionista

HSC

I think most schools went through The Arrival, as a sample text in class, because it relates to both journeys and belonging.

That being said, even if a lot of people have looked at it and chosen it, it is still fine to choose it as long as you analyse it well.

asirig

HSC

Has anyone got any notes on "The arrival" by shaun tan and how it relates to belonging, it would b relli helpful
Thanks.

asirig

HSC
Notes on "The Arrival" by Shaun Tan

Any notes on "The Arrival" by Shaun Tan wld be appreciated

natalie.anne

HSC
help.

hi.
i was wondering anyone has any notes on The arrival by shaun tan and the way it relates to belonging.?

thanks.

rachel2219

HSC
The Arrival by Shaun Tan - Somebody please explain?

Considering using this as a supplementay text (related material).
We are doing The Immigrant Chronicles by Peter Skyrznecki so how would these relate

HSC
hey with this picture book (The Arrival by Shaun Tan), do you anaylse the whole book, or do you just choose a pic from the book you wish to do?

bored of sc

HSC

super-shinobi said:
The Area of Study i.e. belonging is common to both standard and advanced english.

bored of sc

HSC
kingnothing999 said:
hey with this picture book (The Arrival by Shaun Tan), do you anaylse the whole book, or do you just choose a pic from the book you wish to do?
Either. It's your choice. It would be favourable to refer to the fact you are using an image from a picture book (i.e. there more images which you aren't using) should you choose a single image from the text.

samthebear

HSC
either - but its probably best to do a few specific pages in detail and refer to the whole book in general (themes, ideas etc)

clrcrl

HSC
I did journeys as my AOS in year 11 and used The Arrival. I found it really useful to analyse the book in terms of techniques that would be used for a movie. For example, there is one page when the man arrives in the new country, and in each picture he is getting smaller and smaller. This is similar to a zoom out, showing his feelings of insignificance in this new community, and therefore his alienation. Look at other techniques such as lighting and 'camera angles' and just apply your knowledge from there.

timerbland

HSC
N/A
heeyy guyss..
i was just wondering if anyone could help me with some techniques for the arrival. exams next week :/

thankk :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)