• No, I believe chivalry is not dead

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 10 9.8%

• Total voters

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Just a note on all those who've called guys who believe in chivalry gay. I am straight, I have never been gay or bi, nor will I ever even consider it as my own personal choice. I think many of us simply use chivalry as a sign of respect, besides, there are still plenty of chicks who dig it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Davriel said:
Just a note on all those who've called guys who believe in chivalry gay. I am straight, I have never been gay or bi, nor will I ever even consider it as my own personal choice. I think many of us simply use chivalry as a sign of respect, besides, there are still plenty of chicks who dig it.
Homophobe.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Homophobe.
(Laughs at so hard he almost cries) Me? Homophobic? Ask anyone who actually knows me and you will see just how wrong you are.

Legham

HSC
What's wrong with being Homophobic? I am, and not ashamed.. Homos are fucked.

Sentinel

HSC
AsyLum said:
Homophobe.
You think Davriel's a homophobe? Dude, you need to learn about the people you insult, Davriel's an advocate of homosexuality, and he abhors bigots more than anything else in this world.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Legham said:
What's wrong with being Homophobic? I am, and not ashamed.. Homos are fucked.
You're fucked. You're a retarded bumpkin piece of shit that everyone hates.

Also, I think it's kinda completely obvious that Asylum was joking

Davriel

HSC
N/A
dieburndie said:
Also, I think it's kinda completely obvious that Asylum was joking
Seeing as I don't know Asylum, he may not have been joking, so I thought it would be smart to attempt to clear any misconceptions. And I assure you, if I can moronic enough to not be able to get the joke, so will others.

brendan442

HSC
Just thought I'd make a return, after hearing a good friend of mine was having to tolerate some outdated concepts held by some very narrow minded people on here. I can confirm that Davriel is probably my best mate, and he definitely isn't a homophobe, or gay for that matter. How do I know this? Well I wasn't planning on mentioning it on this forum, but I'm actually Bi. Davriel has never criticised me for this, nor has he tried anything of what some of you may be thinking. As hard as it sometimes is to believe, the guy is 100% straight, and definitely isn't homphobic. As for those of you who think is it ok to be a homophobe, wake up to yourselves. No, I don't expect any special treatment, it's just a part of who I am, all I ask is that people can just get over the whole treating us different thing. I don't want people to come up to me and talk about how great it is that I'm so brave or any of that garbage. I (and many others in the same position) just want to live a normal life, without having to tolerate unneccesary bulls***. What makes us so different to you that you can't possibly accept it?

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
Davriel said:
Seeing as I don't know Asylum, he may not have been joking, so I thought it would be smart to attempt to clear any misconceptions. And I assure you, if I can moronic enough to not be able to get the joke, so will others.
I don't think you're taking the internet seriously enough.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
See now I just think Davriel is in the closet. To take a little crap joke so personally to ring up your friends asking them to support your straightness just makes people think your even gayer then you actually are. I have always had this phylosophy that if someone denies that there gay there not. If someone goes out of there way to prove there not gay they are but are so worried that people will judge them for it they just prefer to hide in the closet. If your not gay, get over it. No one here cares if you are or are not.

Legham

HSC
dieburndie said:
You're fucked. You're a retarded bumpkin piece of shit that everyone hates.
Wow! thats amazing.. from one sentence i wrote you know everything about me!

[/sarcasm]

But really. I respect that some guys can't help that they're homosexual. Similarly, i can't help that i get freaked out when i see gay guys or a guy accidentally gets too close to me or whatever..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Bethi said:
I've changed schools from a public school to a private school for year 11 and 12. Chilvary isn't dead... it's just not as common. Stupid girls think that by *gasp* opening the door for theselves they're suddenly liberated.

Chilvary is sweet and i appreciate people who put in the effort. Don't shoot guys down just because they are actually being polite. Isn't that obvious?
yeah i have to say i agree... sometimes it makes me uncomfortable though. im really not sure why, seeing as how it is just a courtesy thing nowadays...but i dunno. it's got nothing to do with any liberation bullshit, i know that much.
but there's nothing wrong with chivalry :eek: it can be nice. don't overdo it though coz that can just move it from polite to weird :s lol.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
i will always be a gentleman. it's the way i was raised. the important thing is to not over-do it. when it's over-done it looks a tad corny and lame, and you might exude the image of a pussy whipped weener

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Gilbert1 said:
See now I just think Davriel is in the closet. To take a little crap joke so personally to ring up your friends asking them to support your straightness just makes people think your even gayer then you actually are. I have always had this phylosophy that if someone denies that there gay there not. If someone goes out of there way to prove there not gay they are but are so worried that people will judge them for it they just prefer to hide in the closet. If your not gay, get over it. No one here cares if you are or are not.
The reason I have to defend my heterosexuality is because during high school I suffered horribly due to several vicious rumours that almost destroyed my relationships with friends, family and females. Believe me, if I was gay, you'd know it. Oh, and as for ringing my friends, I didn't ring them (and as for Sentinel, who the hell is he and how does he know me?).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Davriel said:
The reason I have to defend my heterosexuality is because during high school I suffered horribly due to several vicious rumours that almost destroyed my relationships with friends, family and females. Believe me, if I was gay, you'd know it. Oh, and as for ringing my friends, I didn't ring them (and as for Sentinel, who the hell is he and how does he know me?).
Females love queers, its a proven fact!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Davriel said:
They do? You have anecdotal evidence there?
Its ok, the world's a tough place, they don't understand you and what you're feeling.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Davriel said:
if you loved homos so much why would you care if there was a rumour out there that you were one? if people think iam gay i dont really care, ill tell them that i am not but if they had insisted on beleiving i am than who cares? I wouldnt say a rumour that you are gay is particularly vicious either.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Serius said:
if you loved homos so much why would you care if there was a rumour out there that you were one? if people think iam gay i dont really care, ill tell them that i am not but if they had insisted on beleiving i am than who cares? I wouldnt say a rumour that you are gay is particularly vicious either.
Because due to a sad twist of fate I was sent to a Catholic school from Kindergarten to Year 12. The rumours I can handle, the physical abuse that police and the school merely saw as "typical bullying" kinda left me with a few scars. Oh, and it's very difficult to get into a woman's pants when she thinks you're gay. Anyway, can please leave my sexuality alone for a while and get back to the actual topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)