The 2004 HSC - English Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
i barely had any good quotes...the ones i did were relevant, but all too obviously just the easy ones to remember. pure tokenism.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Q1 = 7 pages
Q2 = 2 pages!!!!! (hahaha tragedyyy!!)
Q3 = 9 pages

Q1 = was ok.....
Q2 = my worst nightmare
Q3 = by far the best, dis 1 i coulda rote 4 ever coz i had prepared exactly what the question had asked lol but timing timing timing!!! I gotta fix up my time management for the one on wednesday bigtime!

mgmgmg87

Text 4 we had been given a tiny part of the quote for our revision. It really helped! It was a good stress reliever actually haven seen part of the text!! I just hate creative writing!!!!!!! Trust it to be in there

mgmgmg87

yeah i had a few quotes but most weren't relevant to use with the quote. I put the most relevant ones in!

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
i agree with superbird... dancegal has issues thats easly enuf writing. the length of ur response isnt an issue so long as ur essay isnt one line or somethin.... do u really think on the marking criteria it says "can write a LONG essay, of over 20 pages" ?? hell no... it says somethin like "can develop and maintain a such and such argument blah blah" so they only carea about WHAT u write not HOW much.. so get over it.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
and mgmgmg87 .... creative writing is in there every year so i dunno y u thought theres a possibility of it not being?

Bridget

There are almost always going to be mixed feelings about exams. I don't feel this one was overly bad.... but I have a bad feeling about Paper 2. King Lear...... euugghh.

dancegal

HSC
yeh superbird and matt_f54 i know, i know length doesnt matter. i was just freaked coz everyone else was handing in 2 booklets for each question..one girl even handed in 3 for the essay

pitted

HSC
N/A
section 1 kinda easy but part e was just crap.

sec2: better for sure but a bit iffy if the marker isnt tricked by what i wrote...the whole plan was tricking the marker into thinking the story was aobut one thing when it was really about another...therefore showing that i can write.

sec3: good length i suppose but everything in itn just fell to shreds

so not a bad one considering no study and deciding on my related text this morning. Really have to work on techniques for paper 2

legallytaouk

how did u ppl get online so fast n already post pages n pages ov stuff... i did pretty shit.. i though i did good untill i reunited with my friends after the exam n started talking about it... :S not happy JAN! i guess my several rosearys didn help as much as i thought they did!!! lol... but i must say that it was a good paper...

all together now: "THE JOURNEY, NOT ARRIVAL, MATTERS"

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
ok dancegal thats freaky, 3 booklets :S but as long as u wrote a fairly good essay u shud be fine, there arent gona be too many ppl writin that much! plus remember that writing size is a factor, if that person has writing twice as big as u they will write twice as many pages! stress les :D

pitted

HSC
N/A
dancegal said:
yeh superbird and matt_f54 i know, i know length doesnt matter. i was just freaked coz everyone else was handing in 2 booklets for each question..one girl even handed in 3 for the essay
i thought going on 2 booklets for the essay was crazy....have they got huge kickarse writing???????

i used to b happy in my ignorance :(

xotic_rose

3?? shit. my argument was all over the place, i only managed one. shit. shit. shit.
i hate walking out of an exam knowing i could have done so much better!! :(
can't remember much of the exam... but i got distracted by the supervisor dude who decided to bring over a book for me to read. apparantly we are not allowed to rip pages out of our booklet. we havet 2 show the markers how stupid we are. :mad: :mad: :mad: the fact that he walked over and had to tell me that and make me read that stupid booklet was distracting and put me off my train of thought!! :mad: :mad: :mad: i was very angry - at my crapness and with him disturbing me. :(

maka

HSC
hey im just gonna say that i think this paper wasnt too bad and really is a better reflection of the skills of candidates in the hsc than modules.

like modules theres options within options and like 10+ texts per module..... its a real difficult way at describing how we have gone wen the level of comparison is different based upon various texts, form of text and question

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
*Max's face glows with the warmth of the fire that burns his journeys notes.

Aahh yeh, such is, such is...

MaSoDiVa

the english exam wasnt too bad. it was such relief to see something easy for q 3 but wat da hell was happening with q2 i hate creative writing question was alright except that reflection piece question was all over the place oh well that god we dont have to write about journeys again!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)