The 2004 HSC - English Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Beck the Bimbo said:
no it doesnt officially finish till all special provs finish...one guy at my school doent finish till 2pm
holy shit 2pm? how long is his AOS exam? 1130-1400?

HSC
N/A
Yayness... it could have been so much harder...

With reasonably sized handwriting I wrote 8 pages for Question 1, 2 1/2 for Question 2 (long story but a good story doesn't have to be long) and 9 pages for Question 3.

Questions for me (inner journey) were all lovely... didn't really get Question 1 part a though.

J

jhakka

SpoRTsGaL said:
well, I had seen that essay qn before.. i did in at the beginning of the year.... well i did "the journey is more important than the arrival" where as this one was worded differently... same thing...:p

well as the weet-bix guy says, "I think I nailed it!"
We got "The journey is more important than the destination" when we were practicing.

Bridget

I wrote:
6 pages section 1
8 pages section 2
10 pages section 3

Section 2 was unexpected, I thought there would be some sort of stimuli like a picture or sentences or something. I wrote a good story but it doesn't fall specifically into any of the categories, it kinda could fit into all of them.

Section 3 was good but I could have gone on for another 10 pages. Bit hard to do that essay with all the techniques AND try to refer back to the "the journey, not arrival, matters" thing.

---
One down, six to go

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
People, how many quotes did u remember for ur extended response (part 3)????
i remembered about 15 out of the 20 i had planned to remember. what about u people?

J

jhakka

SpoRTsGaL said:
i did that one too.... i did heaps... i think i .. overstudied !
If anything I understudied. Oh well. I'm happy with how I did.

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
i think i did alrite... juz worried about section 2 wot i wrote sucked...
I wrote section 1 - 6 pages
Section 2 - 5 pages
Section 3 - 9 pages

Bridget

I remembered my quotes but had trouble getting them all in there.

Where I failed, I'd make up a more relevant quote.

=D

grimreaper

HSC
jennay said:
with section 3 did you discuss it meaning give reasons for and against for the quote??
To tell the truth I didnt relate a whole lot back to the question for the essay. I just talked about it in the intro\conclusion, and after I'd discussed each text I stated how I thought it showed that the journey is more important than the arrival.

j_e_n_n_a_y

yea i showed reasons for both sides of the argument cause thats what i thought it meant by discuss... who knows

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
yeah all of my quotes and texts were lending itself to the argument FOR. cos i was saying that the path u take defines ur identity etc etc and this is more important then where u end up as it i was decides where u end up blah blah so i only had one side of the argument cos it didnt say compare views or anything so i thort when it says Discuss: journey is more important than destination. that u discuss the idea that THE JOURNEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DESTINATION... i hope im rite..

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
mm the paper was one of the best we could have got, not too shabby at all =)
greatly good for those who havent studied.
i didnt write booklets and booklets, complete waste of time, but i think i answered the questions. question one was great, question 2 would have been fine if i wasnt so shite at creative (and that my musicy jazz journey didnt quite go with the quote thingys), and 3 was excellent (esp for physical and inner journeys) I only used one add. text cos i wouldnt have had time otherwise, cos of the dodgy 2 hourness factor. but thats cool cos they said at least one.

enough said.

journeys can go dig a hole.

dancegal

HSC
omg

One word……
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkk!
I totally screwed that up and it wasnt even a hard paper.

1. didn’t write nearly enough. 7pgs for QI, 6 pages for Q2 and 10 pages for Q3
2. didn’t actually answer the essay question properly…had no line of argument, bullshited links between the q and my prepared essay…used 2 additional texts…should have just used 1
3. question 1….part e) crap, superficial response. Compared texts 1 and 4 and didn’t even talk about the fact that the dude had or map of the simile ‘a journey is like a marrige’. Omg
4. creative…omg omg omg OMG. Don’t ask what I wrote. Cant even remember

the sad part is that this was supposed to be my easiest exam and English is supposed to be my best subject…if I couldn’t do English paper one how the fuck am I gonna be able to do paper 2,economics, extension English, modern hist and ext. hist.??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mgmgmg87

mmm yeah I though section 1 was really good. pity each part wasnt worth more. Section II was not too good for imaginative journeys. I did the journeys in time but through the persona's memory. I just hope the markers get it.
Section III I wrote the most for and I discussed both sides, luckily I had more texts to use for my supp cos i had a gd one but it didn't suit!Damn
But oh well all in all it wasn't too bad a paper. No more imaginative journeys!!!!! Yay! Thos poor year 12s who have to study the tempest next year!! Ha

JessC

HSC
N/A
nah tat was an ok exam...essay was pretty general but creative writing was little hard, seeing i rote a load of shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)