TFN problems (1 Viewer)

naav

HSC
I had applied for a TFN for about 3 weeks ago and I get the form back in the mail today saying " I have no provided sufficient proof identity". I will be visiting the shop front tomorrow to see what's wrong. My question right now is; what happens if I am not able to provide a TFN by the census date ?

antheung

HSC
N/A
I had applied for a TFN for about 3 weeks ago and I get the form back in the mail today saying " I have no provided sufficient proof identity". I will be visiting the shop front tomorrow to see what's wrong. My question right now is; what happens if I am not able to provide a TFN by the census date ?
When is the census date?
Did they say somewhere that we have to provide a TFN by that date?

Aysce

HSC
Okay, so go to the NSW ATO branch and apply again - obviously bring appropriate I.D. such as a passport, medicare and your driver's licence/photo card. When done, ask the assistant for a Certificate of Application and head down to the student centre ASAP.

Now to answer your question, you will have to pay upfront if you don't provide it by the Census Date. Recently I got an email and it said you have to hand it in before the 8th of March which is weird because the HECS census date is the 31st of March.

naav

HSC
Okay, so go to the NSW ATO branch and apply again - obviously bring appropriate I.D. such as a passport, medicare and your driver's licence/photo card. When done, ask the assistant for a Certificate of Application and head down to the student centre ASAP.

Now to answer your question, you will have to pay upfront if you don't provide it by the Census Date. Recently I got an email and it said you have to hand it in before the 8th of March which is weird because the HECS census date is the 31st of March.
I got the same email. It said to have the TFN by 8th of March or just a certificate of application. Are the ATO able to provide me with a cert of application on the spot when I apply again or do you think I would need to wait for it to come in the mail ?

antheung

HSC
N/A
Now to answer your question, you will have to pay upfront if you don't provide it by the Census Date.
What if I've already decided to pay upfront?
Do I still need to bother about my TFN?
Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)