Textlist Is Up ^_^ (1 Viewer)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
... said:
you sure you don't want some asian man meat???
Down boy.. I'm pretty immune to "Yellowman fever"

I'm reserved for a certain blonde lass.

I feel contents of my dinner coming back up!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
The only reason whites sleep with asians is to get a good meal ;)
jk
I'm not sure I totally get that.

Maybe it's cos a) Nearly all the girls I've dated were white girls (and I'm asian), b) I never eat nice Asian meals, just takeaway Thai and Indian if any AND c) My (white) gal hates Asian food..

*Shrugs*

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
shelley said:
"hates" a lil strong.....merely dont knwo much about it and chinese food makes me throw up...well teh take out does anyways lol
Ok. You don't particularly 'like' it. But then again, you grew up on lamb roasts and other crap english food like that. :p

j/k - You know I don't mind roasts, just not huge on lamb. It's okay Morrocan style though, with some cous cous. Mmm.

Hmm okay....back on topic. Textbooks....umm

I can't buy em all cos I don't even know what subjects I am doing. The Divison of Law hasn't told me yet if I my application was successful for an invitational unit. Grrr.

Do other divisions have invitational units?

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I'm sure there are ones where they have a high GPA to restrict entry, like some advanced science of some sort.

There aren't any senior law students on this forum apart from myself, but here are the invitational units for the newbies to strive for. They're all worth 4 credit pts each and entry is assesed on GPA, interview, written application, interest, relevant experience, etc (depending on the unit). Some take u overseas:

LAW433 Macquarie Law Journal OR
LAW444 Macquarie Journal of International & Comparative Environmental Law OR
LAW445 Australian Journal of Legal History

LAW438 Practising in the Public Interest OR
LAW443 Macquarie Legal Centre Clinical Program

LAW430 Jessup International Law Moot OR
LAW531 National or International Mooting OR
LAW534 International Moot Court Competition in Information Technology and Privacy Law OR
LAW535 Willem C. Vis International Arbitration Moot

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Wow, they look hard :S

I wonder if media have some like that

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Wow, they look hard :S

I wonder if media have some like that
Nah. Just the 4's and 5's in front of it make it sound hard. But invitational law units are guranteed D's from all reports, unless you totally stuff it up -> then you'll end up with a credit.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
Hence why he so badly wants to do them...he wants his cre.....oh i meant distinction ;)

Sydneys being slack and wont put my text list up *sulk*

But we have a different system where they just do this courses where if you have a credit or better average (which fro me is already a must cos just to remain in my degree need to maintain a distinction average, you can take relevant 900 courses (with a 2 or 3 in front to indicate years) which you need to achieve a credit average to keep going....very odd. But its the only way into honours...cos they are honour pre reqs.....and for some reason in third year you need to do the honours prep and some more 900 units (also pre reqs for honours but dont assist in it as far as i can work out) i thik its sydney unis way of making sure we keep are grades up, cos you cant afford to slack off all the way through...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
I'm sure there are ones where they have a high GPA to restrict entry, like some advanced science of some sort.
For Advanced Mathematics units at Macquarie (ie. the equivalent MATH233 and MATH334), all you need is
- MATH233: either a HD in MATH136 or a P in MATH133 (Advanced version of MATH136);
- MATH334: either admission to advanced course or permission of the Dean, plus coreqs MATH335 and MATH337

Plus both units are now free.

Also it's a D guarenteed if you study alot or are really good at Mathematics. Cos it's really scary/hard.

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:

There aren't any senior law students on this forum apart from myself, but here are the invitational units for the newbies to strive for. They're all worth 4 credit pts each and entry is assesed on GPA, interview, written application, interest, relevant experience, etc (depending on the unit). Some take u overseas:

LAW433 Macquarie Law Journal OR
LAW444 Macquarie Journal of International & Comparative Environmental Law OR
LAW445 Australian Journal of Legal History

LAW438 Practising in the Public Interest OR
LAW443 Macquarie Legal Centre Clinical Program

LAW430 Jessup International Law Moot OR
LAW531 National or International Mooting OR
LAW534 International Moot Court Competition in Information Technology and Privacy Law OR
LAW535 Willem C. Vis International Arbitration Moot

wow, cool. Are 500 levels part of honours?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
no no.. 500 level is still undergrad...
its just that law is a 5 year degree...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)