Textlist Is Up ^_^ (1 Viewer)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
er.....it's only for semester 1......
BTW....i've checked my subject... i think all the textbooks add together will be around 350~~ =.=|||

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
BTW....i've checked my subject... i think all the textbooks add together will be around 350~~ =.=|||

yeh jus saw that...i dont know the price of the macro text but shit itll make the total notch 400 bux

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
tat's about 800bucks per year on textbook..... plus other materials...wow about 1grand... =S =.=|||||

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
errrrrr...so this yr's textbook for first yrs are different to last yr's semester 1??? do they actually update the textbook each yr??

bong

HSC
who wants comp115, econ110, and stat171 textbooks? :D

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
me me me!!!! how much?? and wot condition is it in

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
mine add up to $543.90c, not including recommended (which would be $810.80c).

i just hope the books we buy are actually going to be worth it and used.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
Yeah thats the way they always do it. Not much point buying up books that sit at home for 6 months. There'll probably be new books/editions printed in the first half of 05 that the course convenors could use...so no real point assigning sem 2 books so early.

And yeah, they have a new text lists with new books every single semester. Cos you know units change, as the subject matter/world/society/whatever changes. Except ACST101. Haha. That one doesn't change much.

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
GoodToGo said:
Yeah thats the way they always do it. Not much point buying up books that sit at home for 6 months. There'll probably be new books/editions printed in the first half of 05 that the course convenors would be used...so no real point assigning books so early.
err...aren't those textlist...are those newly printed editions???

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
err...aren't those textlist...are those newly printed editions???
Oh they're newly printed but not necesarily new editions if you know what I mean. They could be like 2002 editions or something.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
oh.....i mean...aren't they new editions as wel??? since why bothered printing them if they are old version anyways~?

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
oh.....i mean...aren't they new editions as wel??? since why bothered printing them if they are old version anyways~?
Cos the author(s) have to update it. Which means the publisher has to pay the author(s). And ofcoures the educational publishing is a business...so it'll only be updated when it's profitable to do so.

And there wouldn't be much change usually from 2004 to 2005. But that little change would put the page numbers out of whack compared to the old ones. Which leads to the 2004 edition being obsolete with zero resale value. Which leads to student resentment for the unit/degree/publisher/the universe. SO yeah...generally not good

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
mine add up to $543.90c, not including recommended (which would be $810.80c).

i just hope the books we buy are actually going to be worth it and used.
shite, 1/2 of $1000?

edit: i added mine up and they add up to over $570 without recommended! i'm not buying them all though because last year i spent a few hundred dollars and didn't touch them.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
shite, 1/2 of $1000?

edit: i added mine up and they add up to over $570 without recommended! i'm not buying them all though because last year i spent a few hundred dollars and didn't touch them.

I'm sceptical with 'recommended' books. i remember AHST100 had about 8 'recommended' books and they covered very small topics of Egyptian history, it was almost pointless. Generally, i use what they put down as 'text' books for the units, so ill probably buy those ones, but i'll wait until the semester starts to see if the recomended are worth it.

And to think all this time that Law would be hell when it came to books... the 3 law books only totalled 70$ lol. These Psych books better be made of Gold...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)