Textbooks vs. Course Notes (1 Viewer)

iwjwamo

HSC
Is it enough to buy course notes for BABS1201, MATH 1131 and PHYS1131 or do i need the textbooks?
i was thinking of buying textbooks as well for LAWS1052 and MATH1131

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
don't buy the textbook for math1131, even the lecturer is gonna say not to buy it

D94

HSC
N/A
Buying the textbook for MATH1131 isn't necessary, the course notes should be sufficient. The textbook is a good supplementary source, if you need it, there should be copies in the library.

You'll need the PHYS1131 lab manual, but you can print that off (although, it's about 100 pages for PHYS 1A - the lab manual in the book shop also includes PHYS 1B which makes it twice as big). If you buy the lab manual, you will also receive the homework problems booklet, otherwise, you can also print that off from Moodle.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Buying the textbook for MATH1131 isn't necessary, the course notes should be sufficient. The textbook is a good supplementary source, if you need it, there should be copies in the library.

You'll need the PHYS1131 lab manual, but you can print that off (although, it's about 100 pages for PHYS 1A - the lab manual in the book shop also includes PHYS 1B which makes it twice as big). If you buy the lab manual, you will also receive the homework problems booklet, otherwise, you can also print that off from Moodle.
where to download physics lab manual + homework problems booklet btw ?
would u recommend to print them off ?

D94

HSC
N/A
where to download physics lab manual + homework problems booklet btw ?
would u recommend to print them off ?
On the UNSW Moodle. I printed mine off, but you should consider the cost to print and bind, or the convenience of buying it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)