Terry Lee Textbook (1 Viewer)

lolman12567

HSC
Hey, looking to purchase Terry Lee's 4unit book, I was just wondering if anyone would know what the differences between the Advanced Mathematics, 5th edition and 7th edition are? looking to get it cheap 2nd hand

thanks

lolman12567

HSC
using Cambridge for main school work, want Terry Lee for more questions and his theory

Cazic

HSC
I borrowed a book from the library today that was written in the late 19th century I believe, and it's on it's fourth edition (from the 60's I believe), and still widely referred to. If Terry Lee truly needed 7 editions to get his book right then he's either incompetent or just damn greedy. In fact, I'm sure that the number of editions of a given textbook these days is proportional to the greed of the author and their publisher.

If the book is just for extra questions and different exposition as you say, and your teacher isn't constantly referring to the book, then fuck Terry Lee and get the 5th.

Ok, rant over.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
using Cambridge for main school work, want Terry Lee for more questions and his theory
Hmmm... Lee's questions aren't that good imo, they lack challenge somewhat and the theory could be explained in more detail. For both theory and questions I would rather recommend Patel.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
^agreed. Patel is very good for theory
use coroneos for harder questions.
cambridge is the minimum a student should do.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
7th edition has additional questions at the very back of the book

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Well some of Lee's editions were missing pages. Also, they were black and white, but now they are colour.

Coroneos is good for theory I think. Although it doesn't fully cover the 4U course due to amendments that were made in 1989.

Dx_God

HSC
for thoery i would go for coroneos or cambridge while for questions i would go for terry lee definately. terry lee does not provide u with actual content about the stuff but rather provide alot of sample questions that let u understand the stuff when u look at his sample solutions while coroneos and cambridge both provides alot of content but i like coroneos better though i use cambridge most of the time. but terry lee is definately good for doing questions since there are worked solutions at the back meaning u can actually mark ur work and see how terry lee did it and learn from him if u can't do a question

mioumiou

HSC
^agreed. Patel is very good for theory
use coroneos for harder questions.
cambridge is the minimum a student should do.
But isn't three books a bit too much? Which books are the best combination out of all the books (eg. Cambridge and Patel)? ( I think there's a forum about this but too much opinions :tongue: which confuses me a bit). Is Coroneos a good book?

K

khorne

Coroneos is good if you get over the fact it's hand written/typed (typewriter). After that, it's a great book, with some very good examples and explanations. The second book I use is cambridge, and while the setting out is somewhat poor, and the explanations are excellent for some chapters, it has some very good questions.

mioumiou

HSC
Coroneos is good if you get over the fact it's hand written/typed (typewriter). After that, it's a great book, with some very good examples and explanations. The second book I use is cambridge, and while the setting out is somewhat poor, and the explanations are excellent for some chapters, it has some very good questions.
Thanks! :spin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)