Telling Someone You Love Them But Dont Want To Be With Them?? (1 Viewer)

schnookims

*Premium Princess Member*
HSC
My bf said he loves me but doesnt want to be with me anymore...i dont understand how that can make sense...has that happened to anyone b4?

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
its a nice way of saying that he doesnt wanna be with you

sounds better than just "dont wanna be with you anymore"
he still wants to put it over you and make you confused

tell him to piss off already! you will thank yourself later!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i think its to soften the blow

"I love you... but not like that anymore..."

If you want answers speak to him. I hate leaving a relationship with so many questions unanswered. Although, when you get the answers, it might not be an invitation for you to fix them. Even just ask him to be clearer and stress that you can take the truth

schnookims

HSC
yeah i know its just that its been over 2 years so it was a real shock coz he's the one that always wanted to go out with me even though i broke up with him n now out of the blue he says that...i just dont get it thats all but thanks

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
The more you think about it, the more questions you'll have.
Here is some advice from a heartless individual,

- You don't need this person.
- You're better off without them.
- How did you let yourself be so vulnerable?
- Don't try and fill the space that you feel is missing with another guy.
- Don't make yourself available now that you're single. Wait for the right person.

Relationships are for what? do they help you in anyway? do you need someone constantly telling you they love you? do you need someone dependant on your love? if so, get a fucken cat.

Good Luck. You don't need the Fag.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Its always usually a severe shock. Now that you said it was two years... well... I've been going out with a guy for 3 and just thinking about him doing something out of the blue - yeah, a severe shock indeed.

Go pick up all the things you started dropping when you started going out with him. You may have lost a little closeness with some friends, so start getting that back. Meet new people, always keep yourself occupied.

Do things that benefit you as a person - go to the gym, work out, eat right, go shopping, do anything that makes you feel good.

I also suggest rearranging your room, it just makes you feel like youre approaching a new chapter in a positive way... you want to improve everything around you.

Otherwise, seek answers and then accept what has happened. Then start your moving-on processes...

All the best :)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
I'll add something else to the previous replies: You're not worth him ontemplating over, if he's confused, stuff it, you're much better off without him. Have pride in yourself.

*sasha*

HSC
maybe he meant he loves u? like how u would love a friend but not like the bf/gf kinda love?
anyway believe me do not even waste one second thinking about him.. well actually its good to do the whole tantrum thing first and listen to sad and angry music but after that do not think about him and try not to get with someone on the rebound coz then itll hurt even more. wait until ur over him. and remember all the negatives he has and why u broke up with him before.. and just remember that hes missing out. u urself know ur a great individual and if he cant handle that its his loss. *hugs*

Skeeta

HSC
Its a confusion thing

THIS HAPPENED TO ME

i had been with my b/f for about 3 years at the times, we had a few bad weeks together -->fastforward to kfc carpark, both crying out eyes out. him saying "i love you" but i cant do this anymore its too hard -->fastforward to him at my front door crying his eyes out (me full of anger wanting to kick his ass) and him asking me back

umm yeah thats my story

it has happend to me, but we ended up back together coz hes an idiot

mjo

HSC
wow that is a harsh blow but i can actually understand. Dont immediatly assume that it is you and that he doesnt want to be with you anymore.

my ex boyfriend broke up with ma ages ago and said exactly that to me, but it was because he had to sort himself out, just take his word for it and believe him that is the best that you can do... hopefully things will work out for you

good luck

*sasha*

HSC
^ yeah but getting ur hopes up isnt always the way to go. it takes u longer to get over him. do the usual post-break up stuff, get over him and all that. and then if he grows a brain and decides that he wants to get back with u u can make a rational decision. hope it works out though!

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I got that line from my last boyfriend, well sorta:

"i love you, but i just don't want a girlfriend right now"

3 weeks later he had a new one. Funny that.

Anyway, as everyone said it's probably a "I love you, but I'm not IN love with you"

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
schnookims said:
My bf said he loves me but doesnt want to be with me anymore...i dont understand how that can make sense...has that happened to anyone b4?
First off - i'm really sorry to hear about your break up - i hope that your coping okay

I kind of understand what your bf was saying - i was seeing a guy last year (it was for a considerably shorter time period though so it does change my perspective alot) and i did like him immensly but i just had a niggling feeling that it wasn't working

So i was the one telling him i really liked him but i didn't want to be with him - i did it because i didn't want to hurt him and i wanted him to know that it was not him that did anything wrong

i think that as soon as you say "its not you its me" automatically makes them think they've done somethign wrong - so i guess in a way telling them that you still love them is an attempt not to hurt the other person and to try to stop them over analysing everything they did in the relationship.

Though looking back i dont think it works like that and is probably does make it seem more confusing.

I really hope that your okay
Cheers Mel

kimmi06

HSC
schnookims said:
if he did love u he'd wanna be with you. so he doesn't love u. it now makes perfect sense. sorry tho, it does suck! hope ur feeling better.

schnookims

HSC
thanks everyone for ur reply...i kinda have an update...he has a new gf and its only been 2 days!! >< i feel so stupid but i still love him? n he says he still loves me? its just so hard and unfair... do u think he reli likes her? or is she just a rebound?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
No, he's just using her to rebound back to you. He still loves you, and probably doesn't like her that much. (Which is why he's going out with her in the first place)

Fag.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
This will take some explaining but I think you will agree
There is no use pretending that there's hope for you and me

And I love her, but do you think she can see
When I tell her, it's the end for you and me
It was over, ever since you went and shot me

Like a harpoon
Like a harpoon
Like a harpoon in my heart....

Like a harpoon
Like a harpoon in my heart

Yeah

I can handle the fighting, it's the affection I can't stand
And I don't mind us talking, just don't try and touch my hand

When you left I didn't want you back
But now your gone so won't you come right back
Come right back
Come right back
Come right back
Come right back
Come right back

Why does it hurt
Simple matters don't seem worth
We're the same but it's not happening again

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
he loves you, but not love love
i think the spark is gone

katy-g

HSC
brogan77 said:
Loves you.

Isn't in love with you.

Thems the breaks.
Bingo.

He loves you but isnt IN LOVE with you. It just doesnt work but he cares about you.

He wants something more that maybe was there to begin with and has gone or something that was never there to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)