• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tell me about UTS! (1 Viewer)

manifestation

What?!
HSC
hello folks,

hey just wanted to know a bit about UTS and how uni life is there? Is it cramped? How are the students in general and are there any major downsides to the uni?

thanks
ciao :)

T

timbk2

cramped.. no.. u essentially have the whole city to yourself.

The students seem layed back.. im not sure about other unis, cause i havent spent much time in other unis.

If your after a 'campus' life, then USYD and UNSW would provide better facilities and a differnt feeling. The Uts buildings are spread out over haymarket/broadway and there is more grass in my backyard than Uts.

great thing is that your across the road from places like broadway shopping centre, market city, your 5 minutes from central station and the rest of the cbd.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i think jasee will tell yuo all about it, after all he has 10+ years expereince in UTS , maybe 4

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Major downsides?

I'll tell you all about it.
It's prolly got the worst and most fucked up administration system. the people at the SAU and UPO and so on dont help you with anything. Ask them a question and all they say is "sorry, cant help you, leaving you lost...

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
UTS can be also thought of as a University where technology exists.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
???????????????????????????

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
On the admin thing.... from what I have heard from friends, admin at every single university in Australia is like that lol. Admin is shit everywhere lol.

HSC
i like uts so far. i don't know why, and i don't have extensive uni experience. or well, any experience at all.

but yay, uts.

HSC
The only insults that people have been able to come up with for UTS go something along these lines:
- no one hangs around campus
- there's no grass
- we're more likely to get killed by terrorists
Well... goes to show we're not bums, and at least we dont go home with grass stains all over everything.

TO ALL USYDERS
NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OLD MOULDY HOGWARTS BUILDING OR YOUR GRASS

UTS would be my perfect uni if only they hadn't put the 25% increase on courses.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
whiterabbit said:
- we're more likely to get killed by terrorists
than what? (never heard that one before)

UTS would be my perfect uni if only they hadn't put the 25% increase on courses

are you referring to the rip off subject prices?
i noticed this a few days ago when my sister told me that unsw commerce subjects are around 650 bucks but my uts letter says each biz subject is 850!

the uts arts subjects i checked out are crazy! some cost more than law subjects which are $1002 :rolleyes:

im glad im not in social inquiry, i thought that was a bludge subject where u pay little cash for history lessons and very little cash on text books :)

Jinglebell

HSC
mr EaZy said:
im glad im not in social inquiry, i thought that was a bludge subject where u pay little cash for history lessons and very little cash on text books :)
I don't know what subjects you were looking at, but my subjects for this semester are $600-ish each, arts subjects are generally in the lowest fee band...And as a non-SI student, please don't be knocking my degree too harshly, only I who have done the subjects may mock their apparent irrelevance:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)