Teachers doing essays for you (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
This wasn't so much a problem for me in yr 11 because i didn't really care about ranks and such. But now its really bothering me, the teachers in my school for English write essays for their class, give them out just before assessments, and just tell the kids to rewrite these essays. Subsequently, these kids are the ones that are ranked 1-20/150 and my class ( my teachers very ethical, hes the only one who wont write essays for us ) we have to do it ourselves, and we end up below all the classes.

What really bothers me is that i know a lot of the kids who are ranked top, and they're not very smart at all, nor do they work hard. I have other subjects with them, and they're very happy with 80's, yet in English they're getting 95.

What do i do ? :(

I do work heaps hard for English, but obviously if the teacher gives you an essay that she thinks is 100% and you just rewrite it, someone who makes their own essay wont produce one as good as that. :mad1:

And I'm sure some people are going to suggest tutors, so just to clear that up, i have been looking, but i cant find any ! So if anyone knows a good english tutor, let me know please !

HSC
woah i can assure you the teachers at my school dont write our essays for us!! :|
thats so wrong! & unfair!

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
:eek: yesss that is very unfair!!

if u can't change it...then why don't u just photocopy the teacher's essay from ur friends and rewrite it in class??

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Well were doing different texts right now. But the last time i asked a ' friend ' they were like ' oh sorry my teacher said not to give it out to anyone. '

HSC competition at its worst.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
=OO. pretty sure that's illegal.

well you get what i mean. that is really really really unethical, and pretty sure it goes 100% against that all my own work crap.

dp624

HSC
damn that must suck eh
go talk to the head teachers/principal?

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
my advice is just ask another friend??

if u have no luck then confront the teacher and ask him for his essay- he/she should be fair to all students

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lol when they are marking the essays and they find that a whole pile of essays contain almost exactly the same material, you'd think they get suspicious.

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
lol when they are marking the essays and they find that a whole pile of essays contain almost exactly the same material, you'd think they get suspicious.
exactly!! the english department is obviously screwed up

LordPc

HSC
I dont think there is any question about it.

if what your saying is true, then I think its fairly clear that you should be going to the english co ordinator or your principal

omgd.

HSC
N/A
damn that must suck eh
The head is a real........ **
n she gives it to her class as well
shes really mean
like she actually makes people cry
almost happened to me once, so I'm not prepared to take that risk.

I would tell the principal, but most of the teachers ( if not all ) in the faculty know what goes on, so if I'm just one person and i go and complain, would the principal listen? I mean these are teachers they've had for years now, and I'm just one student. I don't know, I'm kind of scared. I don't want to pee the principal off, since its HSC and they get to see the marks before they're given to bos. Like i don't know, maybe i shouldn't think like this, but it seems really risky to take that risk?

omgd.

HSC
N/A
my advice is just ask another friend??

if u have no luck then confront the teacher and ask him for his essay- he/she should be fair to all students
LOL, someone from the school got a copy from their friend and used it in the exams. Our teacher, when marking, realized this persons writing wasn't as good as what they had performed in the exam. They must have discussed it in the staffroom or something, because they somehow realized the person got the essay from their friend in the other class. Anyway, that teacher went off at their class and told them not to give their essays to any other classes, because its ONLY for her class ( hence why my friend said her teacher said no ) and then SHE spoke to that kid, and told them, and let me get this right, she told them to ' go to hell '

The school is actually quite good, and the teachers are really good as well. Its just the English faculty, they're a bit........ well you see.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
what school do you go to?!
I don't think i should say. I don't want to get anyone in trouble. But like i said, the school itself is really good ! its just this one faculty thats a bit messed up.

dp624

HSC
yeah just go to the bloody principal lol
and get everyone else who doesn;t like this

omgd.

HSC
N/A
yeah just go to the bloody principal lol
and get everyone else who doesn;t like this
okies ill ask around the class
hopefully most people feel the same way >.<"

muscleman09

HSC
OP, i suggest you report this matter to the top authorities.

maybe the AFP or even the FBI if you wanna make things messy.

Or... you could send in a formal complaint to the Board of Studies about unethical teaching taking place in your school, in which you see as a complete disadvantage for yourself and the other 100+ kids studying the same English course as you.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Source: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/hsc-rules-procedures-09.pdf
10. Honesty in Assessment – the Standard​
The following standard sets out the Board of Studies NSW requirements concerning students submitting their own work in HSC assessment. Candidates for the Higher School Certificate, as well as their teachers and others who may guide them, are required to comply with the standard.
The honesty of students in completing assessment tasks, examinations and submitted works, and of teachers and others in guiding students, underpins the integrity of the Higher School Certificate. Throughout the assessment process, the highest level of honesty is required.
Each student’s mark will be determined by the quality of the work produced by the student only. To demonstrate honesty, any component of a student’s work that has been written, created or developed by others must be acknowledged in accordance with the Board’s subject specific documentation. Use or inclusion of material from other sources such as books, journals and electronic sources, including the internet, must be acknowledged. General teaching and learning do not require formal acknowledgement.
Dishonest behaviour carried out for the purpose of gaining unfair advantage in the assessment process constitutes malpractice, or cheating. Malpractice in any form, including plagiarism, is unacceptable. The Board of Studies NSW treats allegations of malpractice very seriously and detected malpractice will limit a student’s marks and jeopardise their HSC. Should malpractice be suspected, students will be required to demonstrate that all unacknowledged work is entirely their own. Serious and deliberate acts of malpractice amount to corrupt conduct and, where appropriate, the Board of Studies NSW will report matters to the Independent Commission Against Corruption.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)