Teacher think going to all of the carnivals is a board of studies requirement (1 Viewer)

CarlU

HSC
I plan on missing cross country this week and have already missed the swimming carnival. My roll call teacher thinks that I've gotta do 2 out of the 3 carnival events as a requirement from the board of studies or to complete some crossroads course.

Quite confused. Help appreciated.
Thanks.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
LOL - BoS requirement. Don't think so. But as Azamakumar said, it may be part of your school's requirements to go to the carnivals.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
not technically, but i would imagine missing those days with out a legitimate excuse is a breach of the DET/BoS rules about attendence.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You get a letter sent home if you don't go to the carnivals in my schools.

m&ss2008

HSC
we get notes home but as soon as we bring the note back with a reason and a parents signature it stops there

Peripheral

HSC
lol If your parents don't mind then I really don't think that it's a problem.

I've missed all 3 carnivals, due to uhh ... family issues :D

m&ss2008

HSC
ive never been to a carnival in high school and the school doesnt really care.

unless its really strict at yours you should be fine

me121

Premium Member
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
not technically, but i would imagine missing those days with out a legitimate excuse is a breach of the DET/BoS rules about attendence.
DET rules (if you are public)..
BOS doesn't deal with those kind of things.

sannous1

HSC
Don't think its a board of studies requirment , but many students in my school, go to the carnivals, because they have to for centrelink, so centrelink can pay them . They can't have days of school, mayb 1-2 a term , not too sure really

-tony-

HSC
its not a BoS requirement althoe if u hav too many days off thats when it involves them

up until this yr the teachers didnt care if we didnt hav a note explaining the absence but now it depends on the teacher

michael1990

HSC
-tony- said:
its not a BoS requirement althoe if u hav too many days off thats when it involves them

up until this yr the teachers didnt care if we didnt hav a note explaining the absence but now it depends on the teacher
If you have a note from a parent or guardian the teachers cannot do anything, unless they suspect you are being abused and etc. which is causing you to be late or absent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)