• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE: Unites States & China....? (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Poker_Face said:
hrmmm sounds like phanatical is one of those wuss's who gets whipped by his mum, and mayb she is the one who is screwin all those commie propaganda into his head.
This is an extremely stupid comment, hardly worth any sort of rebuttal.

Poker_Face said:
Also i should prob call ASIO or sumthin, cuz he sounds like a fascist and a terrorist
And you sound like an idiot. If action must be taken against the Australian government to prevent them committing our country to a war where we would be, in nice simple language, the Bad Guys, then that action can only be justified, and can only be seen as patriotic To Australia, in that I am willing to prevent our country sending people to slaughter innocents, and themselves be slaughtered.

leetom said:
By the sounds of things, his mother would beat him if he did anything innapropiate, like take up arms against this nations military.
If I took up arms against the Australian military, I'd have more to fear than my dear mother.

berry580

HSC
Xayma said:
No I'm not Chinese. But neither are you Jewish/Islamic/Christian (afaik) or more specifically Israeli or Palestinian but you commented about the Israeli shooting a 13 year old in a kill zone. You are not involved in their conflict at all and hence had no right to comment on those issues according to you. You do not understand the hundreds of years of conflict that exist there that stretch to before the Crusades (alot longer then the conflict in Taiwan and China).

Unity is NOT always the best way. Reunifying the Republic of Ireland and North Ireland is not seen to be the best situation. Especially due to the famously great reputation of the Protestant and Catholics there. Or the Koreans, how about we let the South Koreans be ruled by the North Koreans?

I do not want China to have a civil war with Taiwan. But China is too stubborn to allow Taiwan to be it's own country. It would not be a civil war it would be a massacare of the Taiwanese by the Chinese. But just because one country has a powerful army we should allow it to oppress people (do you think China would just forget about 50 years of rejection, no body likes being made fun of).
About the 13 year old killed, it is MORE THAN OBVIOUS she was murdered, you don't need any special experience to see that.
I understand the Israeli's have sustained many avenges from the Palestinians (and the Israelis retaliate), but that by not means they should unleash that on a child.

As for your "Reunifying the Republic of Ireland and North Ireland is not seen to be the best situation" bullsh!t. So what do you think the Irelanders prefer? Civil war or whatever problem they're sustaining now?

For the Koreans, there's no 'which the true Korea', both is the true Korea. I have no opinion on that. But for Taiwan & Mainland China, Taiwan wants to say they're 'not' part of China, as in they want to wipe their history clean and start a new 'country'.

As for your baseless opinion. Like I said, just go back to Iraq and find your WMD. (Yeah, Iraq has WMD, and they're there waiting for you!!)

"do you think China would just forget about 50 years of rejection", hence a piece of their land should never be returned (although it officially is according to the UN)?
Nice theory. You can go back to Iraq and find those WMD now, they're waiting for you!! Be quick!!!
No. It is correct such as I am a Victorian born and a New South Welshmen. If you want I will refer to them as Taiwanese and Mainland Chinese..
Yeah, it works out.
No mate i am no WMD search dude, so shoot me
Your serious huh, I don't think u really understand the history, go back to primary and do it again. Now, Taiwan declaring independence, will cause some fuuking war, caused by , let's call him the jerk china, yep it is too risky, i won't want to see some beijing leaders go to war trail (i'd love to).o_O
U have a strange common sense from mine, so i won't bother to explain many concepts on the Taiwan issue too u, yeah dude, ur IQ is TOOOOOOO HIGH.>"<
i don't like lying here.
If Mr. George W. Bush doesn't go to trial for invading a soverign country, I can't see how the PRC leaders would for killing some Chinese rebels.
what a lie, don'tt try to keep a straight face and lie, prove ur statistics, AND i don't ones that come from China or Hong Kong, both are controlled by leaders that lie. (the SARS was a perfect example)
Statistics can't be proven, but only made. Besides, what statistics did I show to have to prove?
If you detest what I say, then what isd the replacement?
Why have HK's economy been so good in the past? Because of Britain? LOL
OKOK, now about the hookers, here, are u the one of those demend? >"<
what he meant was that Hong Kong's economy has worsened to the point of girls wanting to survive, selling their bodies, u have no sympathy,
i 'd be shocked if u weren't one of those, DEMENDS!
Does Australia have a really bad economy? Then what are the sluts doing in KingsCross?

About your baseless personal attacks (not really an attack to me, but not much more than a fart out of one's @$$), are you shocked to death yet?

Last edited:

berry580

HSC
doggogo8 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... what a STUPID BUNCH OF SHIT U HAVE HERE.
ur statistics on that S.Korea has the highest amount of prostitues, FUCK IT, show it to us ,come'on don't just stand here all day, telling us bullshit , com'on show me the figures.
Let me tell u this , GENIUS, Hong Kong's product is FAR BETTER than China's , Hong Kong is mature when making products,services and everything, China will improve , BUT not for now, so of course the HONG KONG CAN HAVE HIGHER WAGES. Just like u China can BULLY people around, cause U have a strong military.

About the engineers (sorry if any get insulted really didnt meant to but with these people i have to) their low UAI means a lower demend,indeed, why because Australia just isn't good enough when compared to other asain countries.

Now that u say the Honkies are arrogant, U ARE EVEN MORE ARROGANT, and don't be another supply for those hookers, will u.
(Does postings more '"HAHA..." make you superior? :S)
You want statistics? Fine.

"Asked why they were in the sex trade, 55.1 percent of 673 respondents told the Korea Women's Hotline in 2003 that they got involved "via a drinking party or for a reception for business partners." Only 14.1 percent said it was "to fulfill sexual desires."

In another survey by the Ministry of Gender Equality, 68.5 percent of 1,000 males and females agreed that in schools, the military and in companies, there is an underlying national culture that encourages the sex trade.

Men who solicit a prostitute apparently have few qualms. In a survey of 577 people who paid for sex, only 18 percent felt guilty while 26 percent thought nothing about their action, the Korea Women's Hotline said.

Appearing at a briefing in the Korea National Police Agency this week to preview the new laws, she said, "The bribery was so severe that I even had to provide free sex to newly appointed policemen."

Overall, one out of every two Korean men has had at least one session with a prostitute, the survey said.
http://www.learn-korean.net/korean-news16.html

However, the fact is that prostitution is everywhere in Korea. From the ubiquitous barber pole to the basement coffee shops, prostitution is a higher chunk of the GDP than agriculture. According to a report released by the Korean Institute of Criminology (KIC), the nation's sex trade was estimated at 24 trillion won (US$ 20.4 billion) last year, accounting for 4.1 percent of 578 trillion won, the total GDP.
http://theseoultimes.com/ST/?url=/ST/db/read.php?idx=260

Sorry, I couldn't find the exactly site that I saw (which had things much clearer), but this should gives everyone some introduction if anyone (in mean any guy and maybe girl) wants a holiday to Korea.

Just do some research yourself, and you'll know I'm not joking. As I like Koreans myself (just because of BoA* [a famous Korean artist]) anyway.
Are they???????????
They're not? Go ask the United Nations officials.
I didn't even bother to read that through because you have well and truly proven your ignorance of issues be they political/social/moral in the past and have resort to insults because you simply cannot argue
You almost argued with the topic.

If I'm wrong, correct me. If you don't, it simply suggests you can't.

loling, there's nothing less scary than an angry chinese woman. All she can do is huff and puff and go red in the face.

I roll about in laughter whenever the women's contingent of the Red Army is on parade.
I think that's the called racism and sexism.
You ever seen a Chinese women throw a live 'leetom' in the Yellow River? You can come to China in 2008 and ask the 2004 women (whatever division) Olympic weight-lifting campion to help you out.
But instead of producing arguments on the substance of the issues he raises, you elect to attack the technical grounds. Sure, I agree that some of his "facts" may be highly suspect, but neither are the counterparty producing sources to refute them.
Highly?
Ok, you may not believe me in some areas, so whiich part is it? (if you say, 'everything', then don't bother)
Take a look at some of the past posts of Berry580, and you will realise the fruitlessness in trying to argue civily with him/her.

Oh, and don't try to put cherryblossom in a negative light, she is far more attractive than you.
So are we arging things within this topic or things from XX month/s and X year/s ago?

Acutally, can you give me an example, please?
Corz I want to see how 'fruitlessness' are my posts in thr past.

About the attractive issue, then I don't know, post each young lady's (i assume) photo with swim suit on and I'll take the pick.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The people of taiwan should be allowed to declare independance.

For 50 years they have been living cut off from PRC government... living cut off from PRC influence..
Let it go.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's easy for non-Chinese to just split their countries into two, three, four, since pretty much every culture except ours have been based around changing borders. Chinese borders on the other hand have not changed substantially in 4000 years, and to split our motherland into two again would be a devastating crush not just on Chinese society, but on the Chinese economy, the Chinese morale and the Chinese way of life.

The fact is that this IS a unique situation. The only people who want independence are a TINY minority of the people on Taiwan Province. 99% of people on Taiwan Province recognise that they are citizens of China. Whether it's of the Republic or the Peoples Republic doesn't matter, since both recognise the same borders - and it doesn't include the splitting of our nation into two lesser bodies.

Considering that I happen to not only be of Chinese blood, but of blood from that particular region of China, I know that I never want my Motherland, my Heritage to be destroyed by a tiny minority of separatists who play into foreign political interests. Complete reunification MUST happen, if China is to survive into the next 4000 years.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
But Taiwan was only taken from the Dutch around 300 years ago.

The Chinese had no contingent of people there before hand administring Taiwan.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ok i doubt 99% of people aren't in favour of the splitting up.. but i'd say most people are either in favour of splitting up or of the taiwanese government controling mainland china.

What you said about china always having its current border is also very long... for ages mongols controlled large sections of china...

Why do u think reunification must happen? China has been going fine without taiwan... hey it sounds like all would happen is china would completely desimate taiwan so what are they losing?
Is it nationalist pride?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Look what happened to the Mongolians. They ended up becoming Chinese themselves.

Reunification must happen if China is to remain strong. It's most definitely a matter of nationalist pride, yes, but it's also in the wellbeing of both Taiwan Province and the rest of China.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Are you saying that Taiwan will benefit from reunifying from China?

The main reason why most don't want to be reuinified is because they know that it will be a sour deal for them.

doggogo8

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

For 50 years they have been living cut off from PRC government... living cut off from PRC influence..
Let it go.
Yeah, take a look back at history.
Taiwan was once part of China during World War 2, ruled under the KMT, a party. It was not until, the Communist party started to attack the KMT, at that time those communist were considered as rebels. After the PRC finally won the war with KMT, the KMT fled to Taiwan.
See here, Taiwan wanted to depart itself from China due to one simple factor--- it was a communist society, one that was totally ultimate with the capitalist---Taiwan.
Now after 50 years of independence from China, and with absolutoly no help from China, and with differ systems socailly, politically, economiclly,etc. why should it unify all of a sudden?
RIDICULOUS >"<

doggogo8

HSC
Phanatical said:
It's easy for non-Chinese to just split their countries into two, three, four, since pretty much every culture except ours have been based around changing borders. Chinese borders on the other hand have not changed substantially in 4000 years, and to split our motherland into two again would be a devastating crush not just on Chinese society, but on the Chinese economy, the Chinese morale and the Chinese way of life.
Chinese boarders have been split before,OK. Remeber when the Mongolians took over China?! Remeber the 宋 dynasty? There is a bunch a facts I can prove. PLEASE , I BEG U,PLEASE,check out the internet before you make wrong comments, you are leading everyone in the wrong direction!!!!!

Phanatical said:
The fact is that this IS a unique situation. The only people who want independence are a TINY minority of the people on Taiwan Province. 99% of people on Taiwan Province recognise that they are citizens of China. Whether it's of the Republic or the Peoples Republic doesn't matter, since both recognise the same borders - and it doesn't include the splitting of our nation into two lesser bodies.
EXCUSE ME? LAST TIME YOU POSTED THE SAME THING THAT 99% OF THE PEOPLE IN TAIWAN WANTED TO BE REUNIFIED WHERE DID YOU GET SUCH A GREAT RESULT, COM'ON SHOW IT TO US.
I COME FROM THAT COUNTRY AND I KNOW PERFECTLY WHAT THEY ARE THINKING ABOUT. DON'T USE YOUR OBJECTIVE VIEW TO FLATTER EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM!!!

Phanatical said:
Considering that I happen to not only be of Chinese blood, but of blood from that particular region of China, I know that I never want my Motherland, my Heritage to be destroyed by a tiny minority of separatists who play into foreign political interests. Complete reunification MUST happen, if China is to survive into the next 4000 years.
We are not any separatists or extermists you are referring to, we are not like Bin-Laden that will hijack your plane, neither did we threaten you like some big bullies, neither do we cause destruction.
We are only playing a fair political game here, trying to gain global recognition. AND IF CHINA WANTS TO SURVIVE WHY DO THEY NEED TAIWAN? OR DO THEY JUST WANT OUR BLOODY MONEY? OR DESTROY OUR ECNOMICS?I'D LOVE TO KNOW. :mad:

doggogo8

HSC
Xayma said:

UR totally right! thumbs up

berry580

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

Let it go.
Mate is that an arguement?
Either way, the UN even recognise Taiwan to be part of China, what say does the Australian government have? Let alone you.

But my @$$.

Quote:
Archaeologists have found evidence of prehistoric human habitation in Taiwan that dates back 12,000 to 15,000 years, indicating that Taiwan's earliest inhabitants came from at least two places: southern China and Austronesia. In general, early settlers from southern China settled in northern and central Taiwan, while Australoid settlements were mainly in southern Taiwan and along the eastern coast. These early settlers, which now compose Taiwan's indigenous peoples, make up less than 2 percent of Taiwan's population.

Link: http://www.gio.gov.tw/taiwan-website/5-gp/yearbook/chpt02.htm#2

ok i doubt 99% of people aren't in favour of the splitting up.. but i'd say most people are either in favour of splitting up or of the taiwanese government controling mainland china.

What you said about china always having its current border is also very long... for ages mongols controlled large sections of china...

Why do u think reunification must happen? China has been going fine without taiwan... hey it sounds like all would happen is china would completely desimate taiwan so what are they losing?
Is it nationalist pride?
According to surveys done by Taiwan universities, around 12% of Taiwanese want "independence immediately" with an apparently slow paced increasing trend since the 1996 missile crisis till current.
So yeah, not 99% (which ever idiot managed to come up with that number)
Are you saying that Taiwan will benefit from reunifying from China?

The main reason why most don't want to be reuinified is because they know that it will be a sour deal for them.
More like they're losers and wants to continue to split from their motherland.
Yeah, take a look back at history.
Taiwan was once part of China during World War 2, ruled under the KMT, a party. It was not until, the Communist party started to attack the KMT, at that time those communist were considered as rebels. After the PRC finally won the war with KMT, the KMT fled to Taiwan.
See here, Taiwan wanted to depart itself from China due to one simple factor--- it was a communist society, one that was totally ultimate with the capitalist---Taiwan.
Now after 50 years of independence from China, and with absolutoly no help from China, and with differ systems socailly, politically, economiclly,etc. why should it unify all of a sudden?
RIDICULOUS >"<
And did you know why the KMT lost? It's because of their widespread of corruption and so most peasants turn to the communists and fought against the KMT's.
Even the Americans recognised that (decades after when China had nuclear weapons LOL).
Chinese boarders have been split before,OK. Remeber when the Mongolians took over China?! Remeber the 宋 dynasty? There is a bunch a facts I can prove. PLEASE , I BEG U,PLEASE,check out the internet before you make wrong comments, you are leading everyone in the wrong direction!!!!!
For gods sake, 90% of European country's boarder have been changing throughout history, the maps then are probably not very accurate anyway.
We are only playing a fair political game here, trying to gain global recognition. AND IF CHINA WANTS TO SURVIVE WHY DO THEY NEED TAIWAN? OR DO THEY JUST WANT OUR BLOODY MONEY? OR DESTROY OUR ECNOMICS?I'D LOVE TO KNOW.
China and Taiwan eventually reunited either way, there's no way Taiwan would be able to hold out the PLA.
It's either unifiication through slow peace talks or unifiication in one go on the battlefield, and by the looks of the trend, Chen is leading the Taiwanese to the battlefield in a zig-zag road.
They also realize that it was China's intransigence that prevented the island from receiving much-needed international emergency medical assistance during the 1999 earthquake and the 2003 SARS crisis--conduct that contributed to the deaths of hundreds of Taiwanese.
Much needed my cock.
If the Taiwanese would just stop begging the Americans to rip them from in arms sales, they might be able to afford it.
The hundreds of missiles that Beijing has deployed directly opposite Taiwan and its refusal to renounce the use of force to take the island reinforce the view that China is an unfriendly and threatening power. In order to counter Beijing's military buildup and its increasingly intimidating posture, Taiwan's taxpayers must spend billions on defense instead of using the money to bolster education, health care or other social services.
Why should they be threatened if Taiwanese indeed does not support independence? The PRC has clearly stated they prefer peaceful reunification. But say thank you to Chen, he rejected that offer, and seems to accept it after his election in 2004 (but even i can guess it's fake) and then he goes back to the independence road again within months (if not weeks).
If Beijing is serious about reducing cross-strait tensions and promoting harmony, it must abandon its bellicose threats and sneaky schemes designed to isolate Taiwan from the international community. Beijing would also be well advised to show some flexibility toward the meaning of "one China" and resume cross-strait negotiations without preconditions. As Chen has observed, the two sides could discuss anything if only Beijing will agree to do so.
If Chen indeed wants these recessions, then they should agree that they ARE part of China, known as Republic of China or Taiwan, China ONLY and not suggest to change the island's name to Republic of Taiwan (my cock). If they recognised themselves as Chinese (the fact is they are), then they won't even need to cry inorder to be recognised internationally officially, as mainland China will do it for them automatically, if they needed financial aid, mainland China has heaps of money in their reserve bank which can be used to build their army capable in crushing the ROC armed forces like an ant, but they didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)