Swot Shop (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Also wondering if anyone here ever went to Swot Shop (in Castle Hill)...

I went in yr6 for the Selective Condensed and I think that helped me get into my school...

Then yr7 and 8 I did English (the various courses) and it improved the basic fundamentals of English quite well as it forced us to read and understand; although I sometimes regret dropping it in favour of Maths since my Maths was struggling (in the 70 range).

In yr9 I took up Maths Challenge Gauss there and whilst it taught me pretty much nothing which was useful then, it taught interesting concepts which later helped me when I did Maths Competitions (High D avg) and Maths Olympiad/Challenge to represent BHHS. I still remember going pretty crap in normal maths at school during the time, but it was really useful to learn things like how Microsoft Excel can help improve calculations, and then to learn yr11/12 things like Permutations/Combinations (by far my favourite 3u topic) and Sequence/Series.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Hehe wow.

I went to swot shop when it first started, i started Galileo's Gang in 1993 and did that for 2 years. Then i did the selective program in 1997/1998, dunno if it helped (and never will) but i went to baulko too!

Ummm i started working at swot shop last year as an assistant, but only worked for 2 terms before stopping for the hsc. I started again in term 3 this year as an assistant. I now work as a receptionist there, i work monday, tuesday and saturday on reception, and sundays as an assistant with Maths Talent C, seletive B2 and selective A1.

By the way, swot shop isn't at castle hill anymore (i assume you attended whilst it was at Packard Avenue?) We're now at Norwest Business Park.

Umm yeah i guess i could answer any questions about the place... i spend enough time there!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Woahhh... you're in the grade above me! May I ask your name? PM me if you want~

I attended Selective Condensed in 1999- remember the annexe in that office building? I remember the toilets there had spiders *arachnophobia*... I did Maths Challenge (Gauss & Euler) and English Sec A/B/C. But wow you're an oldie!

HSC
seremify007 said:
Woahhh... you're in the grade above me! May I ask your name? PM me if you want~

I attended Selective Condensed in 1999- remember the annexe in that office building? I remember the toilets there had spiders *arachnophobia*... I did Maths Challenge (Gauss & Euler) and English Sec A/B/C. But wow you're an oldie!

LOLS>.. jC.

my bro went to swotshop as i recall english and te selective prep =]

ur SITLL ON BOS =] sweet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)