Swearing (1 Viewer)

soulshine

HSC
OK. In my PIP there are some naughty words which i can't really avoid. You think i should just f*****g censor the little S**ts like this?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i wouldn;t sensor it

i have a friend who swore a number of times in his ee2 and got 48/50

but then again, i urged him to sensor if not remove all the cursings, but he didn't listen

Kulazzi

HSC
soulshine said:
OK. In my PIP there are some naughty words which i can't really avoid. You think i should just f*****g censor the little S**ts like this?
If it was me, I would.

urdy

Stanky
HSC
Use it in context. I think I swore in most of my creative writings throughout the year in English, and generally scored fairly high and didn't get penalised for it. Swearing creates dramatic effect sometime and emphasises a point, however, it also demeans the formality of your writing. A good balance is great :p. I had several friends that cursed in their dramatic pieces, and still managed to get on the showcase performance thingy.

good luck either way. Show it to a teacher if you think it's excessive (preferable one not 80) :p

soulshine

HSC
Well... The swearing... a lot of it is in song lyrics which i am looking at. And some of the people that i have interviewed have done it heaps...

haha maybe i should put a warning on the cover.

santaslayer

HSC
What's the difference between putting a few f***ing asterixs and putting the real fucking shit in??? It still acheives what u want it to...

Kulazzi

HSC
I think asking your teacher would be a better idea. We all, obviously, have different opinions here on BOS :p

mishka

HSC
N/A
If it's a quote, I don't see why you couldn't quote it without using the stars. The PIP is different to the English Ext 2 project in that it's research based (unless the Eng Ext 2 candidate was doing one of those case study things). So it's not like a story where you can just add in a few profanities here and there. Don't include them unless absolutely necessary, I'd say.

However, if they were necessary, personally I would put the stars in, because I could see how a PIP marker may judge your work based on this, which would be unfair.

HSC
i had swearing in my PIP my teacher advised me to censor it like f**k and bi**h etc because some stupid stubborn markers get offended easily. Especially if they are christian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)