Supplementry Texts (english) (1 Viewer)

epicFAILx

HSC
How many does one need.
Apparently some people are told to have four.. and others three.. and others two

i might have four.. but is that too much?

Mortelle

HSC
Uni Grad
I had three and only ended up using two because of the way the question is worded.
Four might be too many for you to be able to cover each text with enough depth in your essay.

plasticities

HSC
Is that four per module? Personally I prepared with only two per essay. The questions will generally ask 'for at least one' so you use two, but sometimes they only ask for one, which in that case you would definitely not use any more. If you were looking to incorporate four into one essay you wouldn't really be analysing the set text properly.

Bobbo1

HSC
Is that four per module? Personally I prepared with only two per essay. The questions will generally ask 'for at least one' so you use two, but sometimes they only ask for one, which in that case you would definitely not use any more. If you were looking to incorporate four into one essay you wouldn't really be analysing the set text properly.
Yep only 2 is needed, however you should be prepared to write with only 1. The question will be worded as either ONLY ONE or ATLEAST ONE or TWO (which is mainly done by schools). 4 is excessively wasteful and is you're better of spending that time concentrating on your core text.

asdfqwerty

HSC
Prepare three- use two. That way, if one doesn't work out you always have the other one to synthesise your essay to answer the question better :).

inJust

HSC
I would just get 2. If you perfect the art of bs, whatever text you choose will be maleable enough to fit to the question (provided you picked good texts) because really, how many ways can a person ask a question about belonging?

jane bubble

HSC
our teacher made us write a portfolio for 2, but shes focusing on only 1. Should i be worried?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)