Supp Texts - Inner (1 Viewer)

jodzzzzzzzzz15

HSC
Re: INNER JOURNEY movies, songs, poems, books

If your looking for a text on jounrey as a discovery posison wood bible is a good text. as a matter of fact i'm studying discovery and ahev to find a movie and a text that reflect the ideas of self, other/world discovery and need help, do you have any movies poems, songs or texts to suggest?
J

Chuc

HSC

I chose a song, 'Living in the Shell' (Lyrics by Shanti Snyder, Sung by Steve Conte) and the movie Jarhead, directed by Sam Mendes.

Chaosenigma

HSC

Heya Chuc, It's Matt, nice to see a familiar name ^_^

Well, random listingness+sml summary on inner journey in the texts

Film
Shrek- Shreks acceptance of others, forms an emotional connection with fiona, his perspective on whats most important changes from materialism (swamp) to intangible desires/ love (Fiona)

LotR- (more of a physical journey, so harder to extrapolate) Frodo's idea of adventure and optimism at the start are gradually destroyed by all the hardships he has to face. He tries to be noble and abandons fellowship to draw attention away, his rather lonesome state and link to golum lead him to become golum like (the need for company/acceptance) His perception of the world becomes skewed. etc .etc, you've all seen it

Star Wars- anikin as a young boy with lots of hope and potential, not put onto jedi council, goes emo (seeks acceptance) from those who would give it to him, dark side, tries to maintain his love with wife, all the while trying to gain acceptance by destroying those who wouldnt accept him. The desire to be accepted leads anikin to be a real bitch.

Anime
Spirited away- good anime, girl who doesnt like old traditional values gets captures by spirits, is reduced to a cleaner. starts to value hard work and friendship, eventually makes friends with the spirits, gets released, havent seen it in ages ^_^

Evangelion- Protagonist Shinji does whatever anyone tells him to be accepted, even if he doesnt want to. Pilots giant mechs. fights against giant monsters, 'angels', gets hurt alot. Has a homosexual infatuation with one of the angels because it's the only thing thats told shinji he loves him, ends up killing him. In one of the movies shinji gives up and wont move from a foetal position because of his inner conflict. basically an inner journey of acceptance and the sacrifices for acceptance.

lisapizza

HSC
This is more a question than a suggestion..
but do the general "BOS" population believe the classic film "stand by me" is relevant to 'inner journey'?
i assumed it would be, but upon receiving my results from half yearlies i'm starting to question
a) it's worth and
b) my attempt to grasp the concept.

so, should i stick by it & just try and *sigh* "discover the deeper, less superficial messages the composer is addressing"?
or just scrap that and start again.

and if so - what is a simple, straightforward text i could use instead, keeping in mind my heart really isn't into it, and the whole "inner journey" shizz.
(hit me with sylvia plath any day)

lazy perhaps?
all signs point to - yes.

Pwincess.Danii

HSC
fatmuscle said:
Post your suggested supplementary texts for AoS: Inner Journeys here.

Please keep spam to a minimum; it will be deleted.

post away!
ok im in yr 12 and im in standared english doin inner journeys in class
iv read cosi the play
and now i got to ask u guys if u know any good lyrics or poems about inner journey..
iff soo please reply:)

P.S.. im a bit new in here so yer lol :wave:

Pwincess.Danii

HSC

ediisjoz said:
i did:
Lyrics: Christina Aguillera - Fighter
&
Movie: Looking For Alibrandi

Looking For Alibrandi has the BEST quotes, i'd go with that!

looking for alibrandi
i never really know that was an inner journey
wat kind of quotes did u get out of that movie..?

Pwincess.Danii

HSC
Re: INNER JOURNEY movies

can some one please help me with lookin for alibrandi help me with her inner journey .. ? :confused: please reply back to me

joekollas

HSC

bomb191 said:
hey im doi ninner journeys 2...i founda really good song 4 it is: Cemetery Gates by Pantera...its all about this bloke not facing the loss of a loved one and bottling up hios emotions...etc...............my uthr 1 is shawshank redemption but thts kinda hard...
with your grammar and writing abilities i would asume he wouldn't want to use your work. haha

Hallatia

HSC

because our core text for inner journeys was poems, teacher told us to get supporting texts of different mediums,

I chose Rain Man with Raymond's journey, from this shallow man who was just using his brother for money to someone who truly looved his brother and did not want to let go of him

I thought Shirley Valentine was awesome to use, we did it last year for extension one and I just found her inner journey significant and noteworthy

I also did The Devil Wears Prada, book version and an interview with Jimmy Barnes because the teacher made us choose 4 different non poem textual mediums, but I think that I will change some of the texts for the HSC

emar

HSC
um a poem in inner journey just google it and it should come up and lyrics/song is "dont give up"
apart from that a really good book is danielle steel "the gift"
so hope that helps

mattwillie

Awesomely Awesome.
HSC
Im doing...

Book: Wicked, the life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West. Its a prequel loosely based on the Wizard of Oz which explains to us how the Wicked Witch of the West came to be just that. -->It has also been adapted to a musical.

Song: Bohemian Rhapsody. Not so much on the journey, but the consequences thereof. --> not fully certain of this one as yet.

Movie: Life as a House. A teenage boy whos parents split up is in a bit of a rut, and by way of his father, he grows as a person. His father also has a change of heart. --> I was randomly watching this one day and realised i could use it as an inner journey!

How do those sound to you!?

Shock

HSC
Andrew Stanton/Pixar - Finding nemo

Tupac - "Life goes on"

efhat

HSC
im doing the film "whats eating gilbert grape".......my teacher says that it a great choice:) oh and i was just wondering how how many related texts we actually need as a minimum.....we have our prescribed text, the stimulus one and then how many others?.....thanxx

QDawson

HSC

Any extra texts for 'RAW' that people can think of asides from 'The Shawshank Redemption'? The whole institutions idea is a little harder to find. I'm after more than just movies though, so songs and poems would be greatly appreciated.

Please help......

Selmer2

HSC
N/A
Poem - 'Great faith is born of trials' - Helen Steiner Rice

Image - 'The Pursuit of Happyness' 2006

BOS Stimulus - Text 7 'The Town Where Time Stands Still' excerpt.

joey00

Cheerleader.
HSC

Pwincess.Danii said:
looking for alibrandi
i never really know that was an inner journey
wat kind of quotes did u get out of that movie..?
Looking For Alibrandi has so been done. Choose something original.

renzieroo

HSC
memoirs are always a good way to go.. there are lots of books and movies about someone moving to another country for a change in lifestyle. It is there that they experience their inner journey of growth and change.

For example,
Leaning Towards Pisa - Sue Howard
When in Rome - Penelope Green

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)