Supp Texts - Inner (1 Viewer)

katiieeeeee

BOS Member
HSC
still waiting said:
I cant find the let it go leunig cartoon can anyone tell me where to find it please? it would be much appreciated thanks and also for those who did the footprints poem did you mean the one about the footprints in the sand and god carrying the guy?
http://www.its.caltech.edu/~kai/leunig.html

this is where to find the "let it go" cartoon.. there are also other cartoons by michael leunig that could relate to inner journeys as well
X

h0gan

HSC
i think a good one is the film 'what's eating gilbert grape'
and a bonus is that it's a cool movie too. :)

jexca

HSC
I've got an assessment at the moment and I have to select and analyse 3 texts.
So far, i've found that For you I will by Teddy Geiger is pretty good. I find it heaps easier to work with texts that i like and understand, so thats why i chose it. The inner journey is that he is trying to gain the confidence to tell the girl that he likes her. By the end of the song, he hasn't actually told her, but he has made the decision that he will tell her.
It has heaps of techniques in it like metaphors, repetition, rhetorical questions, etc.. its a really easy one to analyse!!
Hope this helped :)

As for me.. i'm looking for 2 more texts - my assigmnent is due in 5 days and i've only written the draft of my first text :(
gahhh!

beksum

HSC
does any one know the refrencing for the leunig cartoon let it go???
such as date??

georgie.girl

HSC
If u want something quick and easy try:

http://eserver.org/fiction/the_most_dangerous_game.html

Its a short story by Richard Connell called the most dangerous game. Its a bit dodgy but has enough techniques to make it work.

Otherwise just go to your school library and search "self-discovery" by genre and you'll get heaps of books that will fit. Really its what you do with the text thats important, if it doesn't fit perfectly into "inner journeys", you just find something close enough and talk about the parts of it that do fit.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Re: inner journey found text

"a beautiful mind" the movie is pretty good...

Jamouna

HSC
sup people..
i was wondering if anyone knows any songs relating to inner journey
which are sung by alex lloyd, pete murray, john mayer, or any of those pop rock artists.

anything would be appreciated

Jamouna

HSC
Re: INNER JOURNEY movies, songs, poems, books

does anyone know anyway possible which to relate the poem footprints in the sand to inner journey
im having a hard time doing it

any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
WikiLover89 said:
I've just started and am wondering if i could use the books from the Scarecrow series by Matthew Reilly?
Being a big Matthew Reilly fan, I would have to say that his books would not be a good choice, especially for Inner Journeys. The problem is that in reality his characters do not undergo any major character development, and so it would be extremely difficult to say that they have gone through an Inner Journey.

I do love his books, though.

forgottenskin

HSC

Film: The Shawshank Redemption?

=DRU=

HSC
Yeah i have an assessment in two weeks and i have to talk about 3 texts related to inner journeys +My place. So far im thinking bout: The Crucible because i have a lot of notes from year 11 when i studied it in the Change area of stude/ The Last Samurai because i think captain Algren goes through a great inner journey from a tormented drunk veteran to a man who has found his inner peace/ U2 I still havent found what im looking for - got that from this forum but i think it works really good. Any oppinions?

bomb191

HSC

hey im doi ninner journeys 2...i founda really good song 4 it is: Cemetery Gates by Pantera...its all about this bloke not facing the loss of a loved one and bottling up hios emotions...etc...............my uthr 1 is shawshank redemption but thts kinda hard...

-wHo-

HSC
im doing inner journeys and i realy need some help for american history x, if anyones seen it, i need ideas of themes, and techniques and that

SoMe 1 pLZ HELP ME :confused:

pandoralockhart

HSC

:confused:
Its good to hear others are doing looking for alibrandi. I chose it cause of the direct link to my place through the grandmothers secret, the discrimination, and the inner journey presented. I am also doing the tide rises, the tide falls ( a poem), but its very metaphoric and takes some deciphering, also, the song , Journey to the past in Anastacia, presents a catalyst to an inner journey. I need one more for my assignment though! its freaking me out! lol someone helpy me pleasy!

kaaleng

in a world of her own
HSC
Last week I did an oral assessment on a related text for the IJ. We were given a list of texts (book or film) to choose from. Some novels: March, Chain of Hearts, The Outsider. Some films: The Motorcycle Diaries, What's Eating Gilbert Grape. These texts were prescribed for this assessment for the sole reason of exploring the IJ in real depth.

I ended up choosing The Pianist - it fits quite well with Journey to the Interior (BOS) and also A Dream (IC).

Zangthor

HSC

has any one done the Chronicles of Narnia: the lion the which and the wardrobe? like edmonds inner journey? and the other childrens? plz post back

02andrfir

HSC
beksum said:
does any one know the refrencing for the leunig cartoon let it go???
such as date??
Hey man a cartoon called 'More to life' is good, but i wish i could find the fucker on the net so if any1 finds it or has it saved please reply and put it as a attachment 4 me thanks

djmibay

HSC

Shallow Hal

studawe

HSC
if your looking for an absoluet gem ...
New York Minute - Eagles
this is perfect, its a 20 -30 year old song ... but its so uncanny how it almost perfectly describes the world trade centre as well... i did this for my inner journeys essay last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)