Supp Texts - Inner (2 Viewers)

HSC
FlameznFrostz said:
I got an assignment on this :( analyse 4 different texts on inner journeys >_> and i only got one atm and thatz spirited away..and that means i can't have another film :(

i did spirited away, too :) i love that movie! i found it hard to keep within the 300 word limit that we had, though :/

B13

HSC
hi people, I'm new here,
would 21 Grams be a inner journey?
that was my first choice but now after writing 2 pages of notes I'm not so sure. Plus my tutor told me to do another no because its not really an inner journey... :confused:

sarah_m

inner journey found text

if you feel a bit lazy and want a good visual/ picture book try the red tree by shaun tan

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Got an assessment majiggery coming up, being mulling over the texts to do, but heres a short list: (these are all blatent examples of inner journey)

Visual Media
- American History X (already said i think)
- 25th Hour (yep, doing the "Fuck You" speech, gonna be great)
- Kill Bill 1 & 2 :)))
- Man on Fire
- Scrubs series (hehehe so funny, whole things a journey)
- Bad Santa (if your game, i'm not willing to tackle this one, a swearing, pissing, anal-sex loving, drunkard santa)
- Matrix (please god not 2 or 3, they should be destroyed!!!)
- The Green Mile
- The Road to Pedition
- Pulp Fiction
and holy shit it just came to me
- Some Kind of Monster !!! fuck yea

Music
I really could rattle on all freakin' day about journeys in lyrics but I don't have the time nor finger stamina too so I'll just leave you with a couple
- Winter by Tori Amos
- Vermillion pt 2 by Slipknot
- Sinnerman by Nina Simone
- Blind by Korn
- One by Metallica
- King Nothing by Metallica
- Sober by Tool

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Leunig cartoon 'let it go'

I found the Leunig cartoon 'let it go' but I can not seem to find the resemblance to an inner journey but I want to use it for my assessment can someone please help me to explain how it is an inner journey ...

Also Without a paddle the movie with Seth Green, Matthew Lillard and Dax is a good text for inner journey ... If you haven't seen it don't read .... But all three of the guys after traveling to find the skkydivers treasure they realize alot of things about life and more significantly is Matthew Lillard's character as he now treats his girlfriend alot nicer in the end .... (bad explanation, I know but I can explain it better if you ask)

Last edited:

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
well, i just finished HSC (haha suckers! nah, i luv u all :D)
for my supplementary texts i used:
The Scream - existenialist painting by Edvard Munch
The Shipping News - movie by director Lasse Hallstrom
then i used Journey to the Interior (Atwood) from the stimulus booklet and my prescribed text Cosi by Louis Nowra

believe me guys - four texts is more than enough to talk about in the one 40 minute essay ok! if you go overboard you dont get the same depth of knowledge and, rather than it looking like you've done a lot of work, it just ends up looking like you didnt know enough about any of your texts.

my tip would be to make sure that you're texts are different forms of media, to try and minimise the repetition of techniques (ie. you limit yourself if you use all novels or poems and then you have the same techniques with the same effect in all of them)

HekToZ

HSC
Im not sure wether these are good or not, but Ive decided to do:

Warlock - by Wilbur Smith (Book)
Crawling - by Linking Park (Song)

And that episode of the Simpsons where Homer eats the chillis and has to find his soul mate.

What do yous think?

lukey2

HSC
supp material

who knows some inner journey poem,visual,cartoon important clocks ticking plz help and can u use 2 songs and a film.plz help.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Supplementary texts - Lukey

Hey Lukey i'm not sure about your school but my school only allowed me to use 4 texts from different forms of media i.e. Poem/song, Film/televison, Cartoon, Picture, Newspaper/magazine article, Novel, Doco.​
I used:
The lovely bones - Alice Seabold (novel)
Without a paddle (film)
Blow up the pokies - The Whitlams (song)
Let it go, Let it out - Leunig (cartoon)​

still waiting

HSC
I cant find the let it go leunig cartoon can anyone tell me where to find it please? it would be much appreciated thanks and also for those who did the footprints poem did you mean the one about the footprints in the sand and god carrying the guy?

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
angel_fire said:
i brought a book on My place which has supplimentry texts in it. to say thank you for all your help I hope this helps others
here are some:
songs
I shall be released- bob Dylan
Learn to fly- Foo fihgters
At seventeen- Janis Ian
upon the Journey's end- Taylor Dayne
Help- the Beatles
Sk8er Boi- Avril lavigne
Fire and Rain- james Taylor
Short story
The danger of procrastination
The dreamer by John marsen
children's journey books
http://www.grouchy.com/angst/journeys.html
website has a list of childrens books about journeys

Film
legally Blond
The breakfast club
Edward scissorhands
How to make an american quilt
Erin Brockovish

[B]Poem [/B]
an absolutely oridinary rainbow By les murray
Self's the man' by Phillip larkin
"song of myself by Walt Whitman
The day is done by henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Drama
doctor faustus by christopher marlowe

novels
letters from the inside by john marsden
A Dry white season by andre Brink
Butterflies by Susan Gervay
The old man and the sea by Ernest hemingway
first they killed my father by Loung Ung
Peeling the Onion by wendy Orr

hope this helps. i have not used any of these texts myself so soz i can nothelp you with any of them but they were in the back of the book so hope it migth help someone. If anyone has any others please post them so you can also help others.
10 characters

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Hey guys,

ok, my teacher gave us a photocopy from that small "My Place" book and it has some list of related materials in it plus a brief description for Inner Journey so then you guys can just search it up or buy it for more info. Here they are, please excuse any typos:

Inside Black Australia: an anthology of Aboriginal poetry (1988)
By Kevin Gilbert (editor)
Poetry Anothology
Includes many other examples of inner journeys relating to the personal and political experience of being Aboriginal

Writing from the fringe: a study of modern Aboriginal literature (1990)
By Mudrooroo Narogin

Literary Criticism

Analysis of the way journeys of experience are expressed by Aboriginal people in different forms of writing while keeping faith or not with traditional story forms

If Only (2003)
By Special Broadcasting Service

TV Series

An SBS documentary series presenting vignettes from people who lament some moment in their life that might have meant a different journey for them

Australian Story (ongoing)
By Australian Broadcasting Commission

TV Series

This long-running series showcases Australians telling their personal stories and delivers profiles about ordinary and extraordinary Australians such as Patrick Johnson, the Australian runner, and Jason Li, a young lawyer and Republican. It provides a divers and varied selection of material for inner journeys

Martha's New Coat (2003)
By Rachel Ward

Short Film

An SBS-commissioned short film. A road movie that tells the story of 15year old Martha and her younger sister Elsie, in search of their estranged father.

Australian Rules (2002)
By Paul Goldman (based on novel, Deadly Unna?)

Film

Follows the inner journey of 16 yr old Gary Black: average football player, budding wordsmith and reluctant hero. Gary helps his local football team win the championship by accident, falls in love with an Aboriginal girl from the Mission, and becomes tangled in a terrible conflict with the peoplE of his small, coastal town.

Tirra Lirra By the River (1978)
By Jessica Anderson

Novel

An elderly woman returns to her childhood home in Australia as a retreat from all that made her life meaningful, but she gradually realises she has undertaken an inner journey of reconciliation with her past. This culminates the discovery of fulfilment and peace in the present.

'Ariel'
By Sylvia Plath

Poem

Plath uses a horse ride as a metaphor for freedom in life and artistic creation in this poem. She expresses a desire to be free from mortal restraints and to discover new revelations and inspiration. This poem is about celebration and liberation - a true inner journey of the mind and spirit.
10 characters

S

Sir Surfalot

i love you Angel_Fire.. Thanks to you i have found the final text for my assignment- ('The journey, not the arrival matters'),

OK PEOPLE.. i need your opinion on my choice of HSC texts

1. BOS Stimulus booklet- The road not taken- Robert Frost (although alot of people are chopsing it, i feel i can get alot more out of it then most people having passed a year of advanced only to drop to standard)
2. Life Is Beautiful- Movie, we had to do this, compulsary text
3. I Belive I Can Fly- R.Kelly(has ALOT of techniques in it)
4. Taylor Dayne-Upon The Journey's End
Im worried about using 2 songs, im not a huge book reader, anyone got suggestions for a short story plz???????????

still waiting

HSC
Sir Surfalot said:
i love you Angel_Fire.. Thanks to you i have found the final text for my assignment- ('The journey, not the arrival matters'),

OK PEOPLE.. i need your opinion on my choice of HSC texts

1. BOS Stimulus booklet- The road not taken- Robert Frost (although alot of people are chopsing it, i feel i can get alot more out of it then most people having passed a year of advanced only to drop to standard)
2. Life Is Beautiful- Movie, we had to do this, compulsary text
3. I Belive I Can Fly- R.Kelly(has ALOT of techniques in it)
4. Taylor Dayne-Upon The Journey's End
Im worried about using 2 songs, im not a huge book reader, anyone got suggestions for a short story plz???????????
i probably wouldnt do two songs cause it supposed to show our range on analytical skills so i would see if you can find a cartoon or something visual like that instead hope it helps

S

Sir Surfalot

still waiting said:
i probably wouldnt do two songs cause it supposed to show our range on analytical skills so i would see if you can find a cartoon or something visual like that instead hope it helps
Yeah, so iv'e been told, i tried to do that Leunig Cartoon everyone keeps talking about but i can't get much out of it, i stared at it for about 2 hours and got 200 words, :idea: maybe if i stare at it for 5 hours i'll get 500 words

still waiting

HSC
Sir Surfalot said:
Yeah, so iv'e been told, i tried to do that Leunig Cartoon everyone keeps talking about but i can't get much out of it, i stared at it for about 2 hours and got 200 words, :idea: maybe if i stare at it for 5 hours i'll get 500 words
yeh maybe you could try it i suppose lol
nah u mean the let it go one? is that just a poem he wrote or is there pictures to go with it im thought there were but i cant seem to find it anywhere which is sooo annoying anyways you dont always have to do a cartoon u could get a photograph like those ones out of that M.I.L.K series there always good and u might find it easier to talk about the visual aspects without written components
hope it helps

vas y molo

so far I have:

glitter (movie poster)
crossroads (movie)
walk on the wildside (song)
a picture of these vivienne westwood watches...its relevant i assure you

i want to do something on eva peron.

PhraseMuffin

HSC
Related texs

i needed a list of related texts and was elated when i found this page - YAY :D

i used Mona Lisa Smile and this Tracy Chapman song "all you have is your soul" or something close to that. there was a satge when i was considering using Footloose, but i didn't do it very well, so before the exam i scrapped it.

You like?
You want?
You buy?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)