Supp Texts - Inner (1 Viewer)

FlameznFrostz

I got an assignment on this :( analyse 4 different texts on inner journeys >_> and i only got one atm and thatz spirited away..and that means i can't have another film :(

Gemstone

Spirited Away yeah that's an awesome movie. It never occured to me it could be used for inner journeys.

Anyway theres stacks of other texts you can use for inner journeys in this thread that aren't movies.

Gems

becany

what about that leunig cartoon...the one thats like 'let it go, let it unravel...blablabla'

you beauty

you had 4 textx to analyse for inner journeys, i had 16 to find and anaylse!! the hours is a good movie, to kill a mockingbird ,if you did it in year 10

HSC
N/A
Ooh I did the 4 texts thing too!

And I used the Leung Cartoon "Let it go, let it all unravel, let it be a path upon which you can travel" too... :D

other texts- My Place (Sally's inner journey for identity, culture and family heritage etc metaphorrically referred to as "my place" ie my place in the world/identity)

film, Girl Interrupted (working on this one at the moment, something about Susanna's quest for what is wrong with her I guess)

Song, "I stilll haven's found what I'm looknig for", by U2

Poem, Atwood's "Journey to the Interior"

FlameznFrostz

Originally posted by glitterfairy
Ooh I did the 4 texts thing too!

And I used the Leung Cartoon "Let it go, let it all unravel, let it be a path upon which you can travel" too... :D

other texts- My Place (Sally's inner journey for identity, culture and family heritage etc metaphorrically referred to as "my place" ie my place in the world/identity)

film, Girl Interrupted (working on this one at the moment, something about Susanna's quest for what is wrong with her I guess)

Song, "I stilll haven's found what I'm looknig for", by U2

Poem, Atwood's "Journey to the Interior"
hey do you still have the cartoon >_< i can't seem to find it

DaniB

any stories from the ABC documentary series "Australian Story"
OR
any article from the Sunday telegraphs "sunday magazine"
OR
i used the film Bruce Almighty

CrashOveride

HSC
I found the Leunig cartoon you speak of, it's titled "Let it go"

Would anyone care to discuss how it relates to inner journyes and such...because i can only see it from a very narrow angle :confused:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
what's eating gilbert grape (film)
Shawshank redeption (film)
The Hours (film)
Ferris Bueller's day off (film)
Igby goes down (film)
muriel's wedding (film)
Bridget jone's diary (film/book (is based on a diary format))
cry freedom (film)
Allende (novel)
Great expectations (novel)
life of pi (novel)
catcher in the rye (novel)
great gatsby (novel)
the lovely bones(novel)
travelling north (drama)

Linhy`-

*coughs dark'secrets aka Nicole is a Meep head! mauahhah!!

Coco lee- Reflections ?? inner journey??

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Joseph Conrad-Heart of Darkness. One of the great things about this is that it depicts multiple varieties of 'journey', and does so on at least two distinct levels. These are firstly Marlow, affected by his journey, and the unnamed narrator, who functions in a meta sense, the juxtaposition between his opening and closing descriptions reflecting the great change caused by Marlow's account. Also works to relate that not all journeys are simply positive, being far more complex. Plenty of issues to discuss.

To The Lighthouse and The Waves, both by Virginia Woolf may also be of use., in terms of both relating inner journeys, in differing fashion.

Not that I'd use them for the following reason, but if this helps to encourage their being read, these also have true literary cred. [And deservedly so.]

becstewart

I am just so stunned about how many related texts you have found. Are they all right?
We have an assessment due after the holidays and it's about related texts on inner journeys so if these replys are right i might just look at a few of them.
It is just so hard trying to find related texts. For this assessment i have to have 5 related texts. So if you have any good ones it would be great if you could let me know.
Thanks people.

flubber

hey try doing 28 days its a good one coz sandra bullok fully explores herself inside her emotions etc...

Eddie2004

HSC
Life As A house

Has anyone seen that movie? Its a really good one to throw in for the related text part for the Inner Jourey - you can talk about the house being a metaphor for life and building relationships etc etc. Good stuff!!!

CieL

HSC
umm.. u can use Mulan (movie) cos that's kinda physical and inner....?

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
i like life as a house, it's a good one to use. i also like peter pan (the book or the movie) it's good for the contrast between wendy's inner journey ( coming to the realisation she has to grow up etc....) and peter's lack of one (wanting to remain a boy forever, refusing to change/ grow up etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)