• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 09-10 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
ill be seeing you all this year then
Congrats :) What degree(s) will you be doing then?

Uh, ISP banning? Then everyone with x internet company wouldn't be able to visit.

He would be IP banned which is completely meaningless in Australia because most ISP's give out a dynamic IP for free and a static IP costs around $10 more. Since Nebz lives in Campbelltown/Camden, chances are he is poor and that cost would mean his little brother would need to go without his eczema medication.

He could also use tor. Which he probably already uses to hide his IP when downloading CP.
My bad. I meant IP banning.

i'd like to think i enrich this place, even if only very marginally and i'm being rather egotistical in staking such a claim :p

bos doesn't IP ban because of dynamic IP's but also because so many people use bos at uni etc so IP banning would prevent a heap of people being able to access bos that dont deserve to be banned.
You do enrich this place ispm. Your posts are always very witty. I'm surprised BOS doesn't IP ban for private use computers. Like uni is a public sort of computer. But maybe the IP addy doesn't reveal the nature of usage? :confused: I'm a complete n00b when it comes to these things.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
well look who it is! I saw you by the way a couple of weeks back in Westfield Parramatta.
Why didn't you stop me to say hello???? :( Totally should have.

Also I had a quick look at the subject thread earlier... nothing. I think. I'll have a look around again. Does anyone know if Rafy has updated the pdf at all???

Thanks guys!!!

P.S. I agree with USyd being full!!!

bio_nut

HSC
A system error has occurred. Please contact UAC for assistance either via email or by calling (02) 9752-0200 between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm Sydney time.

:mad1: UAC wont let me access my offers..
Check that SMH website link?

edit: you applied for electrical?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
No?
I had a shit manager quite some time ago, and that made me resent the job, but things change.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Just got back from MacHomer showing at STC. Rick Miller's an absolute genius--both in terms of how he can impersonate virtually every Simpsons character, and his wit. So glad I went. Anyone been as well?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Elec eng maths is some serious bullshit. Lagrange transforms they never really explain and the only real world application of complex numbers.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
i remember a lecturer laughing at anyone who did EE @ usyd. go to unsw.
This too. The only population with less fluent English speakers than EE students is EE lecturers.

Anyone who's recently been given an engo offer, I'd have a chat to them and see if you can do flexible first year instead of a specific stream. You lose nothing by doing it (the specific stream intro subjects are entirely waffle), but you'll probably find you prefer something other than what you originally thought.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
oh hey i deleted that post but yeah its true

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
i probably can decipher the deepest indian and asian accents from my years at usyd elec eng.

Apparently the elec eng course is in a transitionary stage at unsw at the moment, but if i were to take up any power engineering postgrad stuff it would be at unsw (usyd have aquired some good lecturers and programs in the past couple of years though).

and the first year flexible generic subjects course is pretty waffly indeed, but i'm pretty sure they've changed it quite a bit. I missed out on the intro to matlab/excel etc course that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)