summarise whole syllabus in 7 days?!?! (1 Viewer)

xxPanDa

HSC
i already asked someone.. and they said its possible

i have a whole week to study for IPT in my exam peroids
do u think i can summarise all of it? have enof study?
i dun plan to study IPT at all now..
just waiting till that week b4 the exam

(i'm behind in other subjects)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Just go and buy those "revise IPT in a month" books and work your ass off. And no i dont think it is possible to get a comprehensive grasp of IPT in just one week, assuming you know next to nothing right now.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
depends on ur current level of understanding.

are you computer illiterate or a computer whizz?
the latter would alright in perhaps leaving all their revision to the last week IF THEY KNOW that it may not count. (regardless try and use IPT study as a break from all the other bigger and more beefier subjects because IPT is a much simpler course)

xxPanDa

HSC
being 3rd in mr yr, and ending with an overal mark with 93
i think i'll be alritee...
would u guys trust the notes u can dl from the resource section
and totally depend on them? maybe it could save me time summarisein^^

i already got an excel book for ipt, what do u thik abput that?

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
no, i wouldn't bother with the notes from the resources section. The whole point of summary notes is the process of actually making them - reading through text book information and classwork, and identifying the key points.

Having said that, it sounds like you are pretty smart and it would be possible to pretty much learn the entire IPT course in a week.

However, if it's your last exam, would you really be able to focus for an entire week on a single subject (and a boring one at that!)

xxPanDa

HSC
ianc said:
no, i wouldn't bother with the notes from the resources section. The whole point of summary notes is the process of actually making them - reading through text book information and classwork, and identifying the key points.

Having said that, it sounds like you are pretty smart and it would be possible to pretty much learn the entire IPT course in a week.

However, if it's your last exam, would you really be able to focus for an entire week on a single subject (and a boring one at that!)
hmmmmm i heard about ppl bludgin their time b4...
i may not be able to focus.....
anyone else here in the same situation?
what are u planing to do?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My best tip would be to do past papers, and where you don't know the answer, don't look in the answers of the past paper but rather, read through the text book and find the answer that way. Then once you've done a few past papers, go back and do them again without referring to the text book.

Also, alot of textbooks have a chapter review section- try using those for practice and just like my exam suggestion, do it open book if you can't do it yourself, but remember to do it again without referring to the book sooner to the exam.

rama_v

HSC
I agree. You don't need to summarise everything. Just do past exams - if you do enough of them you will have learnt all the content in the sylabus. Of course read through the sylabus and make sure you understand all of the dotpoints after you do the past exams in case you've missed something. But writing pages and pages and pages of notes is not always the best idea.

xxPanDa

HSC
today was the first day of 7 days till IPT exam study! i'll be the piggy to test this experiment
AIM: summarise all of IPT in 7 days + past papers
MEthod: A TOPIC a DAY + 2 past papers

soo far today i summarised all of PROJECT WORK with textbook+excel
(refering to sylabus of course) but there are some dot points i wasnt able to answer, cause i couldtn find in text book or excel
i onli got to do one paper, i'll see i can do another now..

seremify007 said:
My best tip would be to do past papers, and where you don't know the answer, don't look in the answers of the past paper but rather, read through the text book and find the answer that way. Then once you've done a few past papers, go back and do them again without referring to the text book.

Also, alot of textbooks have a chapter review section- try using those for practice and just like my exam suggestion, do it open book if you can't do it yourself, but remember to do it again without referring to the book sooner to the exam.
i'm getting lazy.. i just look at the answers now.. they are pretty good and sometimes provide answers textbook downt have. i'm wonderin whats the point of not lookin at answers and using textbook instead? wouldnt it waste time?

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
personally, i think it's kinda pointless to go through the whole course because you probably already know a proportion of it anyway... why don't you instead go through the syllabus and look at the dot points that you don't know and then research them in your text book/excel book/internet/teacher

if you can't find something in your text book, check out wikipedia or email/ask your teacher - remember the exam is on thurs so there's still time next wk

:)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
xxPanDa said:
i already asked someone.. and they said its possible

i have a whole week to study for IPT in my exam peroids
do u think i can summarise all of it? have enof study?
i dun plan to study IPT at all now..
just waiting till that week b4 the exam

(i'm behind in other subjects)
I summarised the prelim syllabus in four days :p But that's no reason to cram :p

Bob.

HSC
I'm planning on doing it in 4 days. I've already done two topics, one today, and the two option topics tomorrow. Its pretty easy the syllabus isn't that big.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
xxPanDa said:
i summarising and past papers... what else can i doo?
Uhh, read them and actually translate them to your memory/hope it rubs off on you? :p

Btw, how did you summarise, erm, past papers? o.0 Do you mean putting down points that you think are notable?

xxPanDa

HSC
airie said:
Uhh, read them and actually translate them to your memory/hope it rubs off on you? :p

Btw, how did you summarise, erm, past papers? o.0 Do you mean putting down points that you think are notable?
nooo i mean summarising the textbook acording to sylabuss
and doing past papers

edit:
SUMMARISED WHOLE COURSE in 5 DAYS!!
a topic a day =yay!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)