Subjects actually helping in real life (1 Viewer)

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
So does anyone have any experiences where this shit we have to learn has been useful/ helped in your life?

I'll start us off- my friend in my biology class was able to correctly identify that she had a kidney infection as we had just learnt about the nephron and the kidney etc the week before.

photastic

HSC
So does anyone have any experiences where this shit we have to learn has been useful/ helped in your life?

I'll start us off- my friend in my biology class was able to correctly identify that she had a kidney infection as we had just learnt about the nephron and the kidney etc the week before.
English is the most important subject because it's a common language

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
English is stupid
Math is decent

but in the end it's up to what field you're studying and where you work. But a basic level of math and english will always be needed (not HSC english)

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
English is stupid
Math is decent

but in the end it's up to what field you're studying and where you work. But a basic level of math and english will always be needed (not HSC english)
OMG ATAR ESTIMATE QUEEN ADRITA HAS ANSWERED MY THREAD. * life is complete*

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
IPT..could be used in real life..such as an IT project manager

matchalolz

HSC
Economics without a doubt
this I can say for sure, I understand so much more about what's going on, enabling me to interpret the news in a more educated manner.

business studies and financial services -> i think pretty relevant to real life i think, maybe I'll find it more useful when I graduate and get a job

japanese -> i can read quite a bit of japanese now ^_^

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
4U maths and some physics was helpful for engineering.

Legal studies somewhat helps

jdennis

HSC
Economics - absolutely. I know so much more about the political and economic situation having studied Economics for almost two years, and I think this is very useful knowledge.

Maths 3/4U - yes. Even if you never study the concepts themselves again, the problem solving skills you learn from solving difficult problems are useful in all walks of life. If you do General, pretty much everything is relevant to real life (General should be compulsory imo)

Physics - yes, if you're going to study it. To an extent it teaches you problem solving skills, but not as much as Maths.

French - I do this more for fun than its practicality, but the benefits of being able to speak a second language (which you basically can by the end of the course) are immense, if you choose to put them to use and if you keep working at the language so you don't forget it.

English Advanced - absolutely not, never, at all. There is not even one sentence in the entire English syllabus or any of its prescribed texts that has any relevance to anything real-world in the slightest. The course is flawed beyond belief and there are no useful benefits of creative writing or over-analysing texts written centuries ago. English absolutely should not be compulsory.

IcyRain

HSC
Definitely General Maths, along with Business Studies so far.
The most useless pieces of garbage that has little use is Advanced English and Studies of Religion.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely General Maths, along with Business Studies so far.
The most useless pieces of garbage that has little use is Advanced English and Studies of Religion.
PDHPE is actually really interesting for people who are interested in any sorts of training. It teaches you basic stretches, strengths, etc. Chemistry is pretty useful in my opinion; really interesting to see how chemicals interact.

Joshmosh2

HSC
Apparently gen maths because my teacher says they are constantly changing the syllabus so it can be more relevant to the real world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)