Subject selection help! (1 Viewer)

eroon22

HSC
N/A
I am currently in year 10 at a public school; however I have been offered a place at a private school. My subjects chosen for my current school are:
- English adv.
- English ext.1
- Gen. math
- modern history
-society and culture
-legal studies
-business studies
If I decide to leave my school I would be taking:
-Adv. English
-Ext. English
-Studies of religion 2
-Society and culture
-Legal studies
-Gen. math
-Business OR ancient.
When I leave school, I want to study law/business; so am aiming for an atar 92+. What group of subjects would get me to this goal (Subjects alone, not school/teacher influence)? Also if I decide to move should I take business or ancient?
Thank you!

bedpotato

HSC
You can achieve 92+ with either of those sets of subjects.

DLMisme

HSC
Any combination of subjects can get you an ATAR of 92+ if you try. Are you sure you want to change schools and have to do SOR? I'm finding many people from private schools coming to my public school so they don't have to do it and can pick another subject that they actually want to do. But if that doesn't bother you and you're happy to change schools, if you want to study law/business I would take Business Studies, but choose whatever one you'd rather do. Good luck!

mariannebags

HSC
N/A
There's not a big difference between these subjects, unless you have a particular love of ancient. Modern versus society, modern probably more difficult but again not a big deal if you work hard in both. Society will generally attract a wider range of students, but that shouldn't effect your result. I'd say these subjects are very similar

czhuu

HSC
i found modern history to be quite useful in helping with my english
what makes you want to to ancient instead if you switch to the private school??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)