Subject Scaling (1 Viewer)

HSC
My friends say it will be 'extremely difficult' to get a 95+ atar with the subjects I'd be doing opposed to them who do ext math and sciences. Is this true and will it be 'extremely difficult' for me?
These are my subjects:
Advanced English or Standard (Haven't decided yet)
Modern History
Ancient History
Legal studies
Business studies
Extension History.

Thanks and please answer :) :oink:

deswa1

HSC
DON'T DO STANDARD...

Aside from that, yeah 95 is very achievable- particularly if you're good with essays. I'll be honest- it's almost impossible to hit 99.95 with that subject combo but 95 is definitely doable. Good luck

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Do standard and you shoot yourself in the foot.

enoilgam

HSC
DON'T DO STANDARD...

Aside from that, yeah 95 is very achievable- particularly if you're good with essays. I'll be honest- it's almost impossible to hit 99.95 with that subject combo but 95 is definitely doable. Good luck
Assuming they do standard, then yes 99.95 would be pretty much impossible. But with advanced I dont think the odds are too bad. Nonetheless, for 95+ there shouldnt be a problem.

fakermaker

HSC
Look at my signature. Two of my subjects are horrible scaling, but I still got a good atar. Ignore the criticism, just work hard.

such_such

HSC
I've never seen bad scaling take it's toll on someone's ATAR substantially. Usually, it's just poor marks, terrible judgement and no effort.

harrietty

HSC
Look at my subjects (in the signature), can they actually get me to my ATAR goal? My choices are supposedly worse scalers than yours ..

Also, advice: Do Advanced English, it's kind of harder, and there is some pressure to be good, but we were told (and it also says on another post on here) that it's unlikely you'll get a band five let alone a band six in standard, so yeah.. something to think about :)

enoilgam

HSC
Look at my subjects (in the signature), can they actually get me to my ATAR goal? My choices are supposedly worse scalers than yours ..

Also, advice: Do Advanced English, it's kind of harder, and there is some pressure to be good, but we were told (and it also says on another post on here) that it's unlikely you'll get a band five let alone a band six in standard, so yeah.. something to think about :)
Yes they can, but you will have to do well in them. If you wanted 99+ or even 95+ I would say that it would be extremely difficult to say the least.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Look at my signature. Two of my subjects are horrible scaling, but I still got a good atar. Ignore the criticism, just work hard.
I am actually astounded at your results! Wow! You were hoping for 85+ and you got such an incredible ATAR! Like honestly, congratulations (belated)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You can get 95, you'll have to work a bit harder though.

Hila

HSC
Ahhh this is scarying me :/
My subjects are sorta of similar to yours ... The responses are interesting..

HSC
As it had been said many times in this thread Don't do standard! I do food tech and the scaling is absolutely horrible but my teacher is great and she has the current Yr 12 in the High Band 6's! With hard work, I'm hoping I can get my ATAR Aim :)

enoilgam

HSC
My subjects are in my signature. Do you think I'll be able to reach ATAR goal? (90.00)?
I'm doing 12 units because at my school the subject co-ordinator refuses to let anyone do 10 units (our minimum is 11 units). I have no idea why.
Religion (SOR 1U) is compulsory too, and I hate it. I also hate maths, but can't drop it because of our stupid rules.
The only benefit of this is that I can drop Extension History if it gets too difficult, or if I fail math it won't count (because highest 10 units count towards ATAR).
But still, I'm already lazy as it is so doing 12 units will only make things harder for me. :(

Back to original question, is 90.00 ATAR possible with my subjects?
Yes, it is definitely possible to get 90 with those subjects.

darkdog307

HSC
You'll be fine (with Advanced), they are just a little easier than some of the high scaling subjects, but that will only help you do better in them which pretty much evens out the scaling anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)