Subject lines-Did you get pissed off by your subject lines? (1 Viewer)

Did you get pissed off because of your subject lines?

• YES

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • NO

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
What were the subjects you wanted to do and what did u end up choosing?

How many of you were pissed of from your schools subject lines?
Would any of you change schools because of your schools lines?

One of my friends only got 2 of the subjects that she wanted. At my school the lines are set out by a computer program all the speds in lower classes got most of there subjects while people like me in advanced or top classes only got half of the subjects that they wanted, do you think lines should be made to benefit the people in the smart/advanced class people or the majority of the speds'/iodiots who will probably drop out?

I wanted:
Ext Maths
Ext English
Maths Advanced
English Advanced
Chemistry
Physics
Modern History
Legal studies

I ended up choosing:
Ext Maths
Ext English
Maths Advanced
English Advanced
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Business Studies

studynoob

HSC
N/A
back in year 10 i was a stupid boy choosing computer subjects cos i liked computer games lol and i realised throughout in yr 11 that i totally hated computers and shouldve chosen physics :( i was the top of my science class in yr 10 and ranked 22/88 in my year! oh my god i was so a FOOL! :( :( :(

47sniper

HSC
N/A
We haven't got our lines yet but they're probably guaranteed to suck. When we had those interview things to choose our subjects the teachers wouldn't let half the people choose what they wanted. My friend was like top in english and the teacher didn't let her pick advanced and they let this other dumbass pick it. They made my friends cry. :(
And my friend ended up picking 3 subjects she didn't even want and the dumber people got everything they wanted and half of them drop out anyway. Not fair
They tried to force me to do legal studies and business studies.

I chose:
Adv English
IT
Modern History
Society and Culture
Maths
Bio

They wanted me to choose:
Adv english
Maths
Chem
Bio
Business studies
Legal studies

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Nah in my school, we don't have preset lines. We have to pick 4 electives and 3 back ups (Or 5 and 2 backups if we pick both Ext Math/English) and after each kid makes their choices, the lines are then set in order to make it best for the students each year. Most people get their choices :) so it's a pretty good system

klaw

HSC
depends on how good your school is...

47sniper

HSC
N/A
Boxxxhead said:
Nah in my school, we don't have preset lines. We have to pick 4 electives and 3 back ups (Or 5 and 2 backups if we pick both Ext Math/English) and after each kid makes their choices, the lines are then set in order to make it best for the students each year. Most people get their choices :) so it's a pretty good system
We have that too but they make it so the lines are work for them more than they work for us :(

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
dreamer7 said:
Hmm, I am currently 8/approx. 120 in Science. Is that a good rank?
Yes, i was 5th after half yearly science exams and now i'm comming 1st/138.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
47sniper said:
My friend was like top in english and the teacher didn't let her pick advanced and they let this other dumbass pick it
Damn.... that's just really retarded...

NightShadow

HSC
Really our school just lets us do whatever the hell we want as long as we have english advanced ^^ - well...i suppose you might have to fight for a few subjects in regards to taking or dropping a subject..:( we actually..i guess we are restricted in the sense that we aren't allowed to do such fun subjects as photography...basically our school only offers "normal" subjects for Yr12

P

pLuvia

Some subjects I could not choose in year 9 and so I could not do it, it was german, and I did not realise that it was possible to do it through OHS, so I chose japanese instead, just as good. :D:D However my school didn't offer japanese and physics on different lines so that pissed off a few people. :p

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'm still really annoyed I didn't get Society and Culture....

And I had to fight to get a Visual Design and a Design and Technology class running :(

47sniper

HSC
N/A
etc. etc. etc. said:
Yeah, I'm still really annoyed I didn't get Society and Culture....

And I had to fight to get a Visual Design and a Design and Technology class running :(

:O oh that's shit. Society and Culture is mad. I don't know what I'd do If I don't get it :(

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Wooz said:
What were the subjects you wanted to do and what did u end up choosing?

How many of you were pissed of from your schools subject lines?
Would any of you change schools because of your schools lines?

One of my friends only got 2 of the subjects that she wanted. At my school the lines are set out by a computer program all the speds in lower classes got most of there subjects while people like me in advanced or top classes only got half of the subjects that they wanted, do you think lines should be made to benefit the people in the smart/advanced class people or the majority of the speds'/iodiots who will probably drop out?

I wanted:
Ext Maths
Ext English
Maths Advanced
English Advanced
Chemistry
Physics
Modern History
Legal studies

I ended up choosing:
Ext Maths
Ext English
Maths Advanced
English Advanced
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Business Studies
Jesus.. 14 units? Your gonna get slaughtered man..

nwatts

HSC
Yeah, I got stuffed around. I blame lines/school for the crappy UAI that will come this December.

I wanted - Modern, Business, Physics, Society/Culture, English Ext1, Maths Ext1.

I was left with - Modern, Art, Software, English Ext1, Maths Ext1.

Dropped Ext1 Maths and Software - picked up Ext History.

A lesson to all you kiddies: If you don't get something, whine about it. I let it pass that all but one of my preferences was filled - looking back, I can see that if I kicked up a stink they would have rearranged it.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
GaDaMIt said:
Jesus.. 14 units? Your gonna get slaughtered man..
Meh, i've asked all my teachers and my year advisor they think that i would do alright with 14 units considering im a spock and im in the top of most of my subjects. They said i could of done 16 units and drop a subject in the first term, its not as bad as some of my friends they're doing 15 units. I might drop extension english though but im probably going to drop my worst subject in year 12.

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
at my school the teacher responsible for organising the lines did a draft, and then we had a few year assemblies to see who would have problems with the line arrangements, and we ended up arranging them so that least people would have to change. so that wasn't too bad, out of 150 people, i think there were only around 5 or 6 who didn't get all of their choices. fortunately i got all mine, phew :p

!Solskjaer!

HSC
I wanted to do:

English EXT
Legal Studies
PD/H/PE
Modern History
French Continuers
SLR (1 unit)

...and after fighting hard for an alternative to Maths (Legal), I got what I wanted.

Actually, I wanted to do Society & Culture, Spanish Beginners, Food Tech and Hospitality, but they aren't offered and because my school is so shit they wouldn't even let me do any of 'em by correspondance.

47sniper

HSC
N/A
!Solskjaer! said:
I wanted to do:

English EXT
Legal Studies
PD/H/PE
Modern History
French Continuers
SLR (1 unit)

...and after fighting hard for an alternative to Maths (Legal), I got what I wanted.

Actually, I wanted to do Society & Culture, Spanish Beginners, Food Tech and Hospitality, but they aren't offered and because my school is so shit they wouldn't even let me do any of 'em by correspondance.

wtf @ how they don't have those subjects. What school do you go to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)