• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject decision for yr 12! (1 Viewer)

renaoak17

HSC
At the moment i have
2u mathematics - 93
extention 1 mathematics - 33/50 but last 2 exams 49.7% and 54%
biology - 89
chemistry - 84
english advanced - 84
sor 1 - 42/50
business studies - 95

i dont no whether it will be my worthwhile dropping ext 1 math becasue it seems to be taking up all my time and my grades have really slipped in all my other subjects. i need a UAI of 99.2 to get straight into my degree. i dont really understand the whole scalling thing. i no bst gets scalled down slightly so if i keep doing well in it will it get scaled down? and what sort of marks should i be aiming for to get my uai?

ratcher0071

HSC
renaoak17 said:
At the moment i have
2u mathematics - 93
extention 1 mathematics - 33/50 but last 2 exams 49.7% and 54%
biology - 89
chemistry - 84
english advanced - 84
sor 1 - 42/50
business studies - 95

i dont no whether it will be my worthwhile dropping ext 1 math becasue it seems to be taking up all my time and my grades have really slipped in all my other subjects. i need a UAI of 99.2 to get straight into my degree. i dont really understand the whole scalling thing. i no bst gets scalled down slightly so if i keep doing well in it will it get scaled down? and what sort of marks should i be aiming for to get my uai?
If you do really well in bst, you won't get scaled down, unless your class scales you down. You should aim for at least in the 90's for all of your subjects. Keep extension, and try really hard, you could get your UAI.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Keep Business Studies - it's one of your better subjects. I'd recommend you drop Extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)