Subject advice and UAI prediction. Thank you!~ (1 Viewer)

JustAnotherDamo

HSC
Hi!

With less than two terms remaining for the 2009 cohort, there comes the necessity to make the greatest use of ones time for the maximum benefit of their UAI. For quite a time, I've been disputing upon which subject I should drop between General Maths and Business Studies.

While I've come closer to formulating a final decision, I'd very much appreciate your sapient insights into the most positive choice - or the most pejorative if you'd like. There are many factors that are applicable for both, however, I must comply to the notion that I shall choose which ever subject may provide the better result.

Thank you in advance!~

(Average percentile mark over internal assessments so far | Rank)
General Maths: 83.5 | 5th (Although, I speculate that my report results may have been scaled up slightly)
Business Studies: 83 | 3rd (Though, I do have the queer and pejorative tendency to have a potential for great inconsistency - I received 64 for my second task that was aided by much better results in the other tasks.)

(Other subjects if it would be to your aid)
Extension English: 46.5 | 2nd
Advanced English: 81 | 13th
Modern History: 89 | 3rd
Legal Studies: 99 | 1st
Studies of Religion II: 95.5 | 1st or 2nd
School placing: Within 150.

So if I may ask, which subject would you select and why?

And if you could provide a UAI prediction, I'd be very grateful but please do not provide any difficulties for yourself - you have done me some service just in reading. My apologies for asking so much and my sincere gratitude for any answers you provide.

Thank you again~

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
keep business. general maths is really hard to get good marks in, even if you kick ass, your scaled mark will be average.

i think, say you have a goal of 90, it's reachable if you can pull your ranking in english a bit higher. but those results are pretty positive, keep it up and i'm sure you'll be happy with your uai =]].

you didn't ask too much at all, you'll get some idiotic answers, but many people on this site don't mind at all in assisting others with school-related problems =].

JustAnotherDamo

HSC
My due sincerities for your advice Miss Hermand!~ I understand that the scaling for General Maths has capital implications for the reception of good marks. I'm merely very cautious of an inconsistency within Business Studies and my greater interest in mathematics.

Though, I am very much provoked to agree with your sapience Miss and thank you very much for your amiable insights.

If I may be emulous, I am disappointed with my english marks but I am willing to grasp an unnatural disposition of optomism and work harder.

Thank you very much Miss Hermand!~

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
wow learn to talk english much? anyway good luck
Aha JustAnotherDamo's sentences just reminded me of Pride and Prejudice... and how i should read the crappy book "Letters to Alice" which accompanies the wonderful Austen novel ><"

Anyway, drop general math. Aim for 1st of 2nd for business, work harder in English and you should be looking at a UAI of 90+ easily :)

JustAnotherDamo

HSC
wow learn to talk english much? anyway good luck
Haha, I agree. Thank you for your goodwill and I bid you good luck too!

Aha JustAnotherDamo's sentences just reminded me of Pride and Prejudice...
Thanking you muchly Miss Anna! It's quite an honour for my discourse to be considered in comparison to one of your favourite texts. Though, I think that a certain degree of modern students may disagree with your auspicious review.

Thank you for your advice Miss Anna and your encouragement.

Last edited:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Mate talking like that doesn't get you laid. Anyways, drop General and do Business, it's worth more of your time, you are ranked higher in it and it scales better. Push your 2U English mark to about 5th or so and you should be fine.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Mate talking like that doesn't get you laid. Anyways, drop General and do Business, it's worth more of your time, you are ranked higher in it and it scales better. Push your 2U English mark to about 5th or so and you should be fine.
hahahahaha. the first sentence but i cbb to just quote that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)