SUBARU - BRZ vs TOYOTA - 86 (1 Viewer)

coolkid96

HSC
I didn't mention shit about matching the other Germans.

BTW, if you've ever owned a VW, you would never say they're "euro toyotas". Something you really need to own before you can say rubbish like that.
Have you even been to Europe?

Your argument is flawed, stop thinking you drive something unique. You lost that argument the second you said VW, after all it is the "people's car" ;)

Fonzie32

HSC
Well, I'm not going sit there in denial on something that is true.
Cool
Have you even been to Europe?

Your argument is flawed, stop thinking you drive something unique. You lost that argument the second you said VW, after all it is the "people's car" ;)
Have you even owned a VW? Going to the country the car was made in is totally irrelevant. Did I ever say "I Drive something unique"? No.

"Peoples car" or not, go do some research and own one for yourself before you go on flagging VW.

Why has the GTI been the car of the year, hot hatch of the year, small car of the year so many times? Because people that come up with these results actually DRIVE these cars and compare them directly with a Civic for example. The hype over the Civic Type R (a great car) and the 86 is only because there hasn't been much like it before from the companies.

Last edited:

coolkid96

HSC
Cool

Have you even owned a VW? Going to the country the car was made in is totally irrelevant. Did I ever say "I Drive something unique"? No.

"Peoples car" or not, go do some research and own one for yourself before you go on flagging VW.
Firstly, you just cut oblivious down for saying they're "euro toyotas", thus implying they're unique in your view. Stop contradicting yourself now by saying bs like "did i ever say i drive something unique" because you clearly implied it.

Secondly, if you have actually been to europe you'd realise how common they are. They're not anything special like you tend to rave on about, just like a holden or toyota isn't anything special in aust.

Thirdly, don't come on here acting like an elitist fuck thinking you're the only kid to have a golf as his first car. Relax and don't use it as a form of defence because it isn't, don't think a 25k car is some sort of status symbol or achievement.

Finally, my family owns a passat coupe, you're not the only guy in australia to own a VW so calm down mate.

coolkid96

HSC
Cool

Why has the GTI been the car of the year, hot hatch of the year, small car of the year so many times? Because people that come up with these results actually DRIVE these cars and compare them directly with a Civic for example. The hype over the Civic Type R (a great car) and the 86 is only because there hasn't been much like it before from the companies.
My argument hasn't got anything to do with the quality of VW compared to jap cars, but your assumption that they're a luxury car and comparable to the big germans.

Just think of VW as skoda, same shit underneath anyway.

Fonzie32

HSC
Firstly, you just cut oblivious down for saying they're "euro toyotas", thus implying they're unique in your view. Stop contradicting yourself now by saying bs like "did i ever say i drive something unique" because you clearly implied it.

Secondly, if you have actually been to europe you'd realise how common they are. They're not anything special like you tend to rave on about, just like a holden or toyota isn't anything special in aust.

Thirdly, don't come on here acting like an elitist fuck thinking you're the only kid to have a golf as his first car. Relax and don't use it as a form of defence because it isn't, don't think a 25k car is some sort of status symbol or achievement.

Finally, my family owns a passat coupe, you're not the only guy in australia to own a VW so calm down mate.

Lmao.. Mate,

Firstly, I never said VW was unique

Secondly, I never said VW is special here or overseas

Thridly, LOL. I don't know where you got "thinking you're the only kid to have a golf as his first car" hahahahaha. I also never said that driving a "25k car" was an achievement, so maybe you should stop shit about other peoples "achievements" and "status".

Finally, Did I ever fucking say I was the only one that had a VW? Maybe you should learn to read things more carefully before making these statements.

Fonzie32

HSC
My argument hasn't got anything to do with the quality of VW compared to jap cars, but your assumption that they're a luxury car and comparable to the big germans.

Just think of VW as skoda, same shit underneath anyway.
Have I been comparing VW with other German brands such as Mercedes? No.

Plus Skoka is basically VW, yes, but I don't see what the point of this is? (you should be thinking of Skoda as VW. VW own Skoda, not the other way round.)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Don't underestimate VW. They are much better in quality than you can think.

However, even the Australian models are based on European design.

For example, the golf station wagon has a super low ground clearance and head clearance (I bumped my head in one 3 times at auctions).

They are designed very compact, lightweight, durable and able to reach high speeds.

Though Australian road standards do not support these (unless you are in the city).

Australian roads are too crap for driving a golf on. Although, it is still a very good choice.

And coolkid96, where do you think Bugatti has come from?

If I am correct, I think its from "Martian Toyota". I tinks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)