SUBARU - BRZ vs TOYOTA - 86 (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Don't understimate the Yaris
Look at that drift. See that oversteer there? That's FWD for ya.

But I've been in a manual Yaris before, and if you drive it like its an RX8, its actually not that bad for a hatch. Its just a lot slower, ten times more dangerous than if it were an RX8 and you start bouncing up and down every time you brake and accelerate.

But still you can't match it to an RX8.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
No.

The rumours also suggest that if Mazda make a new rotary sports car that ittl be an rx7 rather than an rx8. The rx7s were targeted at a higher price range than the rx8s. Most FDs still cost about the same as an rx8 despite being older.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
That article doesn't really add much to the speculation that's been around for a couple of years now.

They made up that name, everywhere else has been calling it an rx7.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
No.

The rumours also suggest that if Mazda make a new rotary sports car that ittl be an rx7 rather than an rx8. The rx7s were targeted at a higher price range than the rx8s. Most FDs still cost about the same as an rx8 despite being older.
Wouldn't it just be better to develop an RX9?

But before they do that they must decide whether they are going to take one of the following paths:

- Continue developing more efficient SkyActiv technologies and their AWD systems found in some of the newer models (CX5 and such).

- Develop more efficient rotary engines and newer rotary powered vehicles.

For Mazda, the first option seems most likely to happen.

I doubt 2017. More like 2020 or in another 15 years when some sheikh in Dubai decides that they want a rotary engine and gives funds to Mazda to make one for them.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
This was the article I read about it all in awhile ago: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/#/55336/mazda-rx-7-returning-in-2017-yamamoto

As for awd, Mazda cut the 6 MPS ages ago and that's really the only performance oriented awd car they had.
I'm looking forward to that 16X rotary engine. And since this is from the engineer who designed the 787B 4-rotor, it seems like a much more reliable source.

And plus, SkyActiv is already highly efficient at the moment and there seems to be no problems. I was talking about the CX series AWD systems.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
opinion on Mazda 3 MPS? $41k is a bit too much though :/

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
thought so, do u think VW GTi is better value for money?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
the 2015 one, its somewhere posted in this thread. that is better imo

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The MPS is neat if you opt for the AWD and you should not buy it unless you are going to get it in manual.

Mazda's in manual are a great drive.

Fonzie32

HSC
Believe me Jimmy, the Japs got nothing on the Germans (if you compare the build quality of a MPS3 and a MK6 GTI). Jump into a MPS then jump into the GTI, you won't want to go back to the MPS. The VW's have plenty of hidden features that not many people know about. Once you find out the small features, you will think the car's as good as a premium Merc. Sounds like trash talk I know, but I've been through the whole Japanese cars phase and won't go back for a very long time. Only pleasing JDM cars are Type R's, GTR's etc.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Believe me Jimmy, the Japs got nothing on the Germans (if you compare the build quality of a MPS3 and a MK6 GTI). Jump into a MPS then jump into the GTI, you won't want to go back to the MPS. The VW's have plenty of hidden features that not many people know about. Once you find out the small features, you will think the car's as good as a premium Merc. Sounds like trash talk I know, but I've been through the whole Japanese cars phase and won't go back for a very long time. Only pleasing JDM cars are Type R's, GTR's etc.
oh gawd ur back.

ofc. no one on earth would buy a mps over a gti given they lie in a similar price range. but the first question to ask, is why would anyone buy a mps in the first place.

I don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but a lot of people with volks act like kents thinking they can match the big 3 Germans. In reality volks are European Toyotas.

Fonzie32

HSC
oh gawd ur back.

ofc. no one on earth would buy a mps over a gti given they lie in a similar price range. but the first question to ask, is why would anyone buy a mps in the first place.

I don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but a lot of people with volks act like kents thinking they can match the big 3 Germans. In reality volks are European Toyotas.
I didn't mention shit about matching the other Germans.

BTW, if you've ever owned a VW, you would never say they're "euro toyotas". Something you really need to own before you can say rubbish like that.

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't mention shit about matching the other Germans.

BTW, if you've ever owned a VW, you would never say they're "euro toyotas". Something you really need to own before you can say rubbish like that.
Well, I'm not going sit there in denial on something that is true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)