Stupid White Americans (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by hatty
"well ahhh..........where are they? it's been what, nine months since combat ended (hah!) and there has been no trace whatsoever of any WOMD" um...

Quoted from CNN
-------------------------
"The six destroyed missiles brought the total to 40 dismantled since last weekend, U.N. officials said. Three empty warheads also were destroyed.

The United Nations estimated Iraq had a total of 120-130 such missiles, which weapons inspectors contend exceed the 150 km (93-mile) range limit. '
--------------------------------------
120 empty warheads? EMPTY???
I wonder where they got these warheads from? Could it have been from the Americans who supported Iraqs invasion of Iran? And now they have left over warheads that they aren't allowed to use? Just a thought...

hatty

Banned
The report was that they in were brand new and in perfect condition suggesting that Iraq had just recently built them.

edit; recent during the time of the report

Last edited:

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
Its a really intertwined topic; there are no right or wrong answers here only mere discussions and that doesnt mean that I dont take a side.

Bushs lie about Iraq, is one of scores the Bush administration told the American people about non-existent weapons of mass destruction in order to terrorise the population and concoct a casus belli. GIVE ME REAL PROOF and I shall believe what you tell me.

All I can say is, there is a degree of hypocrisy at work in the war that is remarkable, even by the standards of American politics. The pose of disbelief is all the more threadbare given the facts on the ground in Iraq after more than three months of US military occupation. Every one of the governments lies has been exposed. There are no significant weapons of mass destruction; instead of crowds of grateful Iraqis, there is a population deeply hostile to the occupation and the initial stages of a guerrilla war to drive out the Americans; and there is no sign of any links between the toppled regime and Al Qaeda.

George W. Bush, is a man who (alike his father) who killed many innocent men and women not to mention thousands of children (and before you go off blabbering your mouth; of course I know he didnt go out there and shoot them one by one, but than again neither did Saddam) and he justified it only recently with We gave Saddam Hussein, a chance to allow the inspectors in, and he wouldnt let them in. And, therefore, after a reasonable request, we decided to remove him from power.

Oh but wait just one minute STUPID FUCKER Hussein had, in fact, admitted the inspectors and Bush had opposed extending their work because he did not believe them effective. So in complete 1337 speech I can say WTF?!

The remark suggests that the president is so ignorant of the policies pursued by his own administration that he cannot even remember the official pretexts for going to war. Alternatively, it is a case of a man whose head has been stuffed with so many lies that even he cant keep them straight.
What else can I say? The war is pointless, and so is this discussion, because neither side is going to agree.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A

Before one of the planes hit the WTC, one of the terrorists on board used some type of small metal 'weapon' to overcome a flight attendant, and then rammed the plane right into the building.
Would it then be correct for me to say that the country that the piece of metal was made in, be a threat to the USA? Sounds stupid doesn't it?

Wouldn't the "TERRORIST" himself be the threat? George Bush says yes, and I agree.
How do I know he agrees? Because he didn't bomb BHP for making that piece of metal. (Was that piece of metal made by BHP? No idea, nor do I really care).

no, he first went after afghanistan, despite the fact that the overwhelming number of people who were involved in the attacks were from saudi arabia. however, the saudi's were not touched as they have close diplomatic ties with the US. interesting, isnt it.

US Intelligence linked Osama to Al-Qaeda to Iraq.
Iraq was a country thought to have WMD with a government that supports terrorism.

Yes their intelligence was wrong, in that they didn't have WMD. But how was anyone supposed to know that?

like i said before, if they didnt have definite evidence they shouldnt have attacked. it has been proved now that they didnt, so therefore it was unjustified.

Then I made a point about how millions of people are now free. In which you think that is just a load of crap.
No its not.

Just because you can awake in a nice comfortable bed and have enough to eat and can drink fresh water and can go to school and can listen to music and play sport and voice your political oppinions without getting killed doesn't mean that you can call it "a load of crap".
The fact that millions of others can enjoy these privileges makes me Pro-War and Pro-America.

tell that to the thousands of iraq civillians who have been killed since the conflict began, and to the sunni muslims who have been persecuted and bombed by the fundamentalist shiite mullahs who have taken over power in the vacuum left by the removal of saddam, or to the everyday iraqi civillians who have died in bombings taken out by al quaeda operatives who have entered the country post war. (saddam a sunni muslim leader, hated al qaeda and osama bin laden - a shiite - and his fundamentalist policies, and vice versa. its interesting to note that terrorist activities have become much more common in iraq after the war has finished)

As for your oppinion that American soldiers shoots everyone that makes a wrong move or looks a bit suspicous is just inccorect.

More Iraqi suicide bombers (who represent the minority of Iraqis) has killed patrolling US troops than vice versa. The moment an American does something remotely aggresive to an Iraqi civilian, cameras will be all over him.
Almost everyday an American soldier gets killed on the street , you bearly hear anything about an American killing a civilian on the street whilst on patrol duty.

er, i think its safe to say more iraqis have been killed than americans.

"Criticism is the luxury of those who stand on the sidelines."

i like that last quote. i have more to comment on re: the last bit of yr msg, but i have to go cos my girlfriends here. byyyyyye!

crazyhobo

ahh it was a documentary on SBS ages ago during the war
Well you've got me convinced. I know without a doubt now that Iraq had empty warheads, as you just can't argue with the facts presented by docos on SBS.

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by crazyhobo
Well you've got me convinced. I know without a doubt now that Iraq had empty warheads, as you just can't argue with the facts presented by docos on SBS.
im sensing some type of sarcasm here....
Originally posted by crazyhobo

Ummm....wait one sec....

Or were you talking about a different report?

yes different report

crazyhobo

im sensing some type of sarcasm here....
Is that how you knew about Iraq's WMDs? You sensed them? Because you don't seem to be able to find any newsreports about them. Yet I was able to type 'iraqi al-qaeda connection' into google, and newsreports stating that there is no connection was the first things that popped up.

hatty

Banned
Well ladies and gentlemen, I feel I've pretty much run out of stuff to say, The only new arguments you will hear from me would be my previous ones worded in a different way to sound all cool.

I have learnt alot though, especially from crazyhobo and um...
I now have a different perspective on the War and America.

Sincere Regards.

Alexander

Gold Member
Ditto Hatty. It's 'probably' all there. Anyway, in the end, Australia has probably benifited from this unethical human misery. Let's face it, who can hurt australia? Japan? been there. China? if it's ships donts sink on the way...no one. And that's all we care about isnt it Hatty, OUR compfort, OUR safety.

The sooner this idiot is voted off the island (america) the better. It would also help if the recent dangerous attitude of many people who are content to accept what the leader says and have a complacient, lazy attitude to justice and truth would change.

Kittycat

HSC
I don't Bush & whats happening in Iraq. You guys have to read 'Stupid White Men' by Michael Moore. Its funny & it relates to what EmmaKate says.

Alexander

Gold Member
I think it's dangerous to assume an air of arrogance when considering the most powerful nation the world has ever known. I dont think it does us any credit to just state "all white Americans are stupid" while we ourselves aren't all that different. Many Indians are Hindu, but I dont call them "Stupid black Indians" for it, because they aren't. SWM emphasised cultural differences and standards and norms that white men in america have accepted.
I've read SWM and it's very good, but dont be stupid enough to think that his only point was that all white men are stupid. That reflects more on the people who say vague statements like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)