Studying For School Certificate (1 Viewer)

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone is actually going to study for the test. Preferably people that are going onto years 11 and 12.

Brendan

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Some will, and some won't. Just wait til we get some replies from your fellow Year 10'ers :uhhuh:

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
tanjin said:
Save yourself the trouble & don't study. :D
That was the plan.. Only subject I want to do well in is maths and I would easily get band 5 and I have a fair shot at band 6 (without studying).

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
D347H574R said:
That was the plan.. Only subject I want to do well in is maths and I would easily get band 5 and I have a fair shot at band 6 (without studying).
Well, then you don't really need to ask any other SC'ers if they're studying or not - doesn't really matter. Seriously, the SC exams are the easiest bunch of tests you'll ever have to sit for. Just enjoy this time and you'll be fine.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't study for Maths. Just looking at the papers online, my Year 9 (and possibly 8) Yearly had harder questions in it. I might just look at my History/Geography books the night before the exam, and as for Science - I heard it's pretty basic, and you need to memorise the science equipment.

As for Computer skills - someone at BoS said that posting at BoS will get you something like 80%+.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Don't study for Maths. Just looking at the papers online, my Year 9 (and possibly 8) Yearly had harder questions in it. I might just look at my History/Geography books the night before the exam, and as for Science - I heard it's pretty basic, and you need to memorise the science equipment.

As for Computer skills - someone at BoS said that posting at BoS will get you something like 80%+.
Yeah I agree with Aerath. There is really no point in studying for Maths, especially for 5.3 students as it is easy to get a band 6 for maths. Only study if your maths is at a low level.

I need to go through history and geography as well. I didn't do so well in the trials so it's best to go revise and go through each subject. The SC subjects you didn't do so well in trials would be best to go through.

Yep if you know how to post on BoS you will probably get in the 80's or 90's for computing studies..

And as tanjin repeatedly continues to say in every topic, 'the school certificate means nothing, there is no such thing as failing'. I agree as well. But for studious students who want to top year 10 and beat fellow year 10'ers around the state in different schools, you should be studying like I :). And my parents will be pissed if I get bad marks so yeah, worth the study :(.

Happy studying for the SC :) or Happy Bludging lol.

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
Yea, we did last years Computing Skills test and I got 49/50 for the multiple choice. (Our teacher went through and picked the 50 hardest)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Practise the English Comprehension MC questions - most of them have two answers which are correct, but its a bitch trying to find out which one is more correct.

toby12

HSC
Kujah said:
Practise the English Comprehension MC questions
Where can I find them? :S I only really want to go well in English.

shona1990

HSC
Not worth the effort!
Seriously, I didn't open a book and got band 5s.
Just enjoy year 10 while you can!! :)

jessoc1990

HSC
they seem big in yr ten, but i dont think anyone has ever looked at what result i got, and its a bunch of subjects you'll probobly never look at again. they're much easier than you expect. Study if it makes you less nervous, but for actual productive reasons, dont worry about it

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
I don't think I even touched my school stuff for my SC exam.............

And I passed :D
But then again, it wasn't a very pretty pass.... so......

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Razizi said:
And as tanjin repeatedly continues to say in every topic, 'the school certificate means nothing, there is no such thing as failing'. I agree as well. But for studious students who want to top year 10 and beat fellow year 10'ers around the state in different schools, you should be studying like I :). And my parents will be pissed if I get bad marks so yeah, worth the study :(.
My parents were exactly the same, but in the end they didn't give a shit about it either, so if i had studied properly and spent my time on the SC - it would've been a waste. That's the only reason i say it. :D

Never again will I make the same comment :p

Good luck to everyone! :)

jellybelly59

HSC
lol... hey ppl haven't posted in a while.... so sleepy now hahaha.... well.... i'm studying.... cause i got parent's that won't get off my back... jesus if i got a band 5 i think they would faint.... lol

I wouldn't give a crap if they didn't keep badgering me hahahaha :D

bye....

*goes off to pretend to study for SC cause parents just came in room* :D

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
you don't need to study for your SC
it like the simplest exams you will ever do.
i didn't study and got band 5's and a 96% in computers.
so you really don't need too.
besides if your doing HSC then it doesn't matter at all.

snore

Aplus

HSC
N/A
If I do crap in my trials (75-90% ish), does that mean I have to study harder to get to a score of 95%+ and guaranteed band 6?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I've always been under the belief that the internal mark for the SC does not affect your external mark. You get what you get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)