studying 8-10 hrs a day during STUVAC (1 Viewer)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
lol i don't think anyone will do 15 hours a day, buy the time you have breaks, eat, sleep, sleep shower and everything.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
lol i don't think anyone will do 15 hours a day, buy the time you have breaks, eat, sleep, sleep shower and everything.
My friends and I figured that doing 100 hours a week is like 14 hours of study a day with half and hour lunch break and 1 x 15 minute breaks on either side (morning and afternoon) with a normal sleep pattern. There's no time for showering or eating or basically anything. Cutting back on sleep is the only option in completing such a rigorous timetable. As if push yourself that hard, it's insane.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
My principal is freaking out that our grade will fuck up the HSC and he told us to do 100 hours of study a week. I'm serious. He's a complete fucknuckle. One teacher said his heart was in the right place, he was just being highly unrealistic. Then when the principal got all our grade together on the last week of school and stressed that 3-4 hours of study a day "AIN'T ENOUGH, IT JUST AIN'T" and that some people in the state are doing 15 hours a day. I was like, fuck off, find me these people!
Lol, wow, our principal told us to have some time off first, or try studying our school timetable and to reward ourselves for every bit we do, so we don't burn out.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Lol, wow, our principal told us to have some time off first, or try studying our school timetable and to reward ourselves for every bit we do, so we don't burn out.
Yeah he did mention to attempt to study our school timetable but that would be a fail too as we only have four classes a day (that run for 75 mins each). Obviously more study time would have to be made.

Didn't mention anything about rewards for every bit we do :( our UAI should be a reward for our hard effort in studying he reckons.

But my mum reckons she's going to buy me some Pandora charms as rewards every now and then. Woot <3 :eek:

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
Yeah he did mention to attempt to study our school timetable but that would be a fail too as we only have four classes a day (that run for 75 mins each). Obviously more study time would have to be made.

Didn't mention anything about rewards for every bit we do :( our UAI should be a reward for our hard effort in studying he reckons.

But my mum reckons she's going to buy me some Pandora charms as rewards every now and then. Woot <3 :eek:
You guys should all get UAI's of <30 to stick it to your principal. That'd really show him. =]

Baggygreen408

HSC
10 hours day isinsanely crazy... but possible. just break up the monotony with past papers rather than continual revision i suppose, and don't forget to keep menally hapr with breaks, etc,...

xdemi101

HSC
adnan91 said:
this is cliched but anyway. Its not how much u study, but how u study.
true. but my teacher always likes to see a "meaty" study timetable, with lots of hours in there.

It's monday and its 1pm and I havent started studying yet so I thought I'd come on Bos to see how everyone else is going on their first day of "study holidays" as I like to call them.

Is anyone failing like I am?

louise08

HSC
I'm in year 11 but I'm just curious where do you guys get all the past papers from? Are there enough to keep you going?

Good luck :)

Weinerdogg

HSC
Teachers supplied heaps of our past papers. Excel books and the board of studies sites as well. Along side going over summaries etc and perfecting exam technique believe me there is definitely enough, kinda scared there is too much.

kthxbambi

HSC
im doing it more in terms of 'i need to finish and know these summarys/sylibuses(sylibi?) by my first in school tutorial next week' etc
so i have a time goal

HSC
I take breaks between hrs. It is the only way I can do it. Also in the words of Nike, Just Do It. Put your head down, tail up, the marks are up for grabs so go get em. Life is an occasion, rise to it. etc

Last edited:

cccclaire

HSC
I'm aiming for 6 hours a day.

If people need to study 10 hours a day, they're obviously not an effective studyer or completely insane.

kinka11

HSC
namburger said:
An ex-hsc student who got 100 uai did not create a timetable in terms of hours (ie. 2 hours on math, 3 hours on english etc...). Instead, she set goals she needed to achieve and I think this is much more succesful then allocating time

thats what i do and its so effective and self satisfying. Ive been studying since 8 in 2 hour blocks with about 5 min breaks and its going gooood. Im about to take a big break and watch some gossip girl and then get back into it.

But just remember guys everyone needs to study differently. I mean i take forever to study so thats why i do so much but some people are realli efficient so its simple.

someone mentioned being specific about wot ur studying this also works for me otherwise im off in fairy land. another tip i have is to study wot I love the most in the morning and keep alternating between fav and non fav subjects.

xxxx

kinka11

HSC
theshortykatt said:
i agree with above posts of setting goals [ + having rewards]

however do you guys think if setting goals (using example above) they need to be more specific?

i think they do.. for example a goal I had this morning was for my ext eng.. i could have said ill just work on the essay but instead i said ill work on a specific text and create a few paragraphs on that. I just it depends how tempted you are to procrastinate..

alicia.h

HSC
i think 6 hours is enough for one day. any more, u will be brain dead and not able to absorb all information.

is anyone going to go out for at least one night on STUVAC?

for grand final on sunday or anything?

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
namburger said:
An ex-hsc student who got 100 uai did not create a timetable in terms of hours (ie. 2 hours on math, 3 hours on english etc...). Instead, she set goals she needed to achieve and I think this is much more succesful then allocating time
*shrugs* Mehh, everyone is different.

HSC
alicia.h said:
i think 6 hours is enough for one day. any more, u will be brain dead and not able to absorb all information.

is anyone going to go out for at least one night on STUVAC?

for grand final on sunday or anything?
Lol, next Tuesday will be my only day out during STUVAC :(

How bout anyone else? Going out at all?

alicia.h

HSC
yeah, i want to go out on sunday night for the footy grand final, seeing as tho sunday is a public holiday. should i feel guilty?

come on, u gotta have some kind of nigt out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)