Study Patterns (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
doing exactly this.

People know I'm studying but some think im studying excessively even though its like 2-3 hours at most a night. Yet I'm on top of most my things. :)
That is what i did, no need to push for anymore so early into year 12.

Just make sure you finish your creative and do some work in the 6 week holidays (at least catch up with all your notes at the bare minimum) unlike the majority. I did my creative in the holidays and used it for half yearlies, trials and the hsc and improved it every time. Worked out well imo, and it was quite funny watching people stress over not having a creative a week before the half yearlies.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Drifting95 said:
Originally Posted by nexusbrah

doing exactly this.

People know I'm studying but some think im studying excessively even though its like 2-3 hours at most a night. Yet I'm on top of most my things. :)

That is what i did, no need to push for anymore so early into year 12.

Just make sure you finish your creative and do some work in the 6 week holidays (at least catch up with all your notes at the bare minimum) unlike the majority. I did my creative in the holidays and used it for half yearlies, trials and the hsc and improved it every time. Worked out well imo, and it was quite funny watching people stress over not having a creative a week before the half yearlies.
Yup! I wanna use the start of the holidays! Ive already started my creative 20 percent done. Also upto date with all my notes besides business it's a subject that I like/enjoy aiming to finish the whole syllabus or atleast up until half yearlies by end of 6 weeks

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Forum Fiend v1.0.4.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
What is all this talk about Creatives? Please elaborate. Feel like I'm missing out on something. o_O
In the hsc you have to write a creative/narrative that somehow involves the idea of belonging or not belonging (the topic you study).

They will just ask you to link your story to an image or quote, look in the the papers online, AOS paper 1.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yup! I wanna use the start of the holidays! Ive already started my creative 20 percent done. Also upto date with all my notes besides business it's a subject that I like/enjoy aiming to finish the whole syllabus or atleast up until half yearlies by end of 6 weeks

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Forum Fiend v1.0.4.
Solid, but try not to overdo it. If i was you, stay maybe a few weeks ahead of class so the content is still fresh in your head, and maybe learn the whole syllabus off by heart during the holidays.

For business learning the syllabus is the most important, it is pretty easy as well because all 4 topics are structured in the same way.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Solid, but try not to overdo it. If i was you, stay maybe a few weeks ahead of class so the content is still fresh in your head, and maybe learn the whole syllabus off by heart during the holidays.

For business learning the syllabus is the most important, it is pretty easy as well because all 4 topics are structured in the same way.
So just learn the dot points as it is and none of the content behind it?

KeiKurono

HSC

What's the point in learning the actual syllabus, wouldn't it be better to just structure your notes under each dot point and learn the actual content?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
What's the point in learning the actual syllabus, wouldn't it be better to just structure your notes under each dot point and learn the actual content?
I think drifting is suggesting to learn the syllabus as many of the multiple choice questions are pretty much the syllabus dot point reworded and along side the business report we have to write we have to know what dot point the syllabus is specifically asking us to discuss about.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
So just learn the dot points as it is and none of the content behind it?
For now yes, i don't see a need in studying the whole course so early into the year. Business dotpoints are pretty self explanatory anyway, i'm sure you'll at least have a little idea of what you'll learn.

I understand why you think this, but you don't really understand how much content business has until you are faced in studying it all.

I would make notes everyday under the syllabus points as you said, what i meant was to ALSO learn the actual dot points. Reason is because in the hsc, they might ask you for an essay on operations influences and strategies (as they did this year). How are you going to remember it better on the spot? By thinking of a few key dot points or all the content behind it? If you have studied properly, you can use your knowledge of the dot points to quickly analyse what the question is actually asking for, and then think of the content from your notes to write it.

Basically it just allows you to identify the content required much more efficiently. I only started to do this before trials because during the first 2 topics i didn't see a need because there isn't really that much content, but when studying the whole course i think it is a must.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I think drifting is suggesting to learn the syllabus as many of the multiple choice questions are pretty much the syllabus dot point reworded and along side the business report we have to write we have to know what dot point the syllabus is specifically asking us to discuss about.
This too, multi's are much easier to do when you know the specific syllabus terminology.

Funky Tiger

HSC
N/A
For now yes, i don't see a need in studying the whole course so early into the year. Business dotpoints are pretty self explanatory anyway, i'm sure you'll at least have a little idea of what you'll learn.

I understand why you think this, but you don't really understand how much content business has until you are faced in studying it all.

I would make notes everyday under the syllabus points as you said, what i meant was to ALSO learn the actual dot points. Reason is because in the hsc, they might ask you for an essay on operations influences and strategies (as they did this year). How are you going to remember it better on the spot? By thinking of a few key dot points or all the content behind it? If you have studied properly, you can use your knowledge of the dot points to quickly analyse what the question is actually asking for, and then think of the content from your notes to write it.

Basically it just allows you to identify the content required much more efficiently. I only started to do this before trials because during the first 2 topics i didn't see a need because there isn't really that much content, but when studying the whole course i think it is a must.
Does this apply to economics

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Does this apply to economics
To an extent but economics is very different to business as it requires an understand of the way the government is doing current tasks as opposed to business which you can just rote learn.

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
What about Biology? The syllabus for Biology is weird, and extremely old. Instead of actually having content dot points, it has questions with instructional verbs. How do I structure my notes? To answer the questions? And how do I study them?

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
In the hsc you have to write a creative/narrative that somehow involves the idea of belonging or not belonging (the topic you study).

They will just ask you to link your story to an image or quote, look in the the papers online, AOS paper 1.
We actually haven't started Belonging yet. :S We started Module C: Conflicting Perspectives. We are doing Ted Hughes's poetry. :/

celtics

HSC
At my school we have to do a creative for one of our early assignments, do you reckon I can just rely on it all the way through the year or should I write a couple of backups in case the stimulus decides to screw me over?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
To an extent but economics is very different to business as it requires an understand of the way the government is doing current tasks as opposed to business which you can just rote learn.
This. Knowing the content in eco is not enough, you must know the underlying concepts behind the content in order to go well.

I know my concepts pretty well because i read wider than just the textbook, read newspapers, watch sky business etc. Too bad my marks won't reflect that lol, most important thing for the hsc is your performance on the day. I just bombed out on the day and misread questions, shame for all the hard work over the year to go to waste.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
We actually haven't started Belonging yet. :S We started Module C: Conflicting Perspectives. We are doing Ted Hughes's poetry. :/
Yeah i started it in term 2, i don't think any school starts it first? But you don't really need to start learning it in order to do your creative, you just have to integrate an idea of belonging/not belonging which isn't that hard.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
At my school we have to do a creative for one of our early assignments, do you reckon I can just rely on it all the way through the year or should I write a couple of backups in case the stimulus decides to screw me over?
No, keep it. The whole point of a creative is to have it specific enough to really get solid marks, but still have the ability to slightly twist and adapt it to the stimulus. You only need to integrate the stimulus a bit (sustained throughout though), no need to make it a key role in your creative even though it says "central element".

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I struggle to concentrate before 9pm haha. I get about 1 to 2hrs done when I get home, then I cook/eat/waste time for a while and do another 1-2hrs from 9 until around 11. I don't ever really do more than 4hrs on a weeknight, nor do I see much of a need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)