Study Patterns (1 Viewer)

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Just a general discussion thread about your study patterns. Below, list your study patterns - I am curious as to how often you guys actually study! I also wanted to know if you guys study after 9pm, because I find it increasingly harder to concentrate after 9. Thanks. :)

pigas

HSC
My initial study pattern was studying from about 6pm - 9pm. I did that for a week, then slacked off, only doing homework for like 30min a night lol. I'm trying to start studying more though, at least 2 hours a day.

I can't study after 9pm. Well I can but I'm tired. I found studying makes me want to go to sleep earlier. Usually I go to bed 9:30pm, but after starting studying, I want to sleep by 8:30pm. :(

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Realistically (80% true):

Get home
Eat for an hour or so
Cry over how much work I have
Suddenly it's 10pm

Manage to cram in 3 hours worth of work before bedtime at 11 or 11:30

Ideally (20% true):
Get home
Snack and start work
Work consistently until dinner (I.e. Finish a bit of my never ending pile for maths or finish halves of assignments)
Have dinner and shower
Continue working until 10 before getting a good 7-9hours of sleep

Also if you find it hard to concentrate after 9pm stop and go to sleep. wake up earlier in the morning to do work. You seem like a morning person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Oh, don't get me wrong, I like the morning (i.e. 11am) but I am not a morning-morning person. I could never get up at 6am or some crap like that. O.O I'd die, not to mention I'd cry. I usually: get home, relax for an hour, do an hour of school-work, take a quick break, do another hour, do chores, etc. and then start school work again at 8 and power on until ~9. Is 3 hours enough?

deloving

HSC
I wake up at ~6:30 everyday. I get ~5 hours of sleep at night, with some 1-3 hour naps (depending on how tired I am) in the afternoon every second day or so. Studying steadily pushed forward to anywhere between 8pm-1am due to procrastination. And it's not very consistent studying either.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Oh, don't get me wrong, I like the morning (i.e. 11am) but I am not a morning-morning person. I could never get up at 6am or some crap like that. O.O I'd die, not to mention I'd cry. I usually: get home, relax for an hour, do an hour of school-work, take a quick break, do another hour, do chores, etc. and then start school work again at 8 and power on until ~9. Is 3 hours enough?
Depends how efficient you are haha
If you can manage to get a lot done, 3 hours is sufficient.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I wake up at ~6:30 everyday. I get ~5 hours of sleep at night, with some 1-3 hour naps (depending on how tired I am) in the afternoon every second day or so. Studying steadily pushed forward to anywhere between 8pm-1am due to procrastination. And it's not very consistent studying either.
5 hours?! How are you surviving O.O

deloving

HSC
Who said I'm surviving?

Siestas help a lot. Oh, and I never get to sleep in, so my body is kind of used to it. Polyphasic sleep is the greatest, shame it's so hard to structure our 'modern' days around it...

deloving

HSC
Stop procrastinating. Try changing your study environment. Try listening to music - either your favourite music or try those clever study/classical/relaxing music videos on youtube, they're really great.

KitchenSinky

HSC
Get home. Study for 1-2 hours. Have a bat. Study for 1 hour. Have a bat. Study for 2 hours. Have another bat. Sleep.

deloving

HSC
This is like so hard to do, I failed the uberman haha
Yeah, it's almost impossible to pull off in the modern world. Heh. See my current pattern is a pseudo-polyphasic sleep with just random siestas. I'm hoping of giving some simple polyphasic patterns a proper go. Either of the two.

Segmented: 3.5 hours - 2 hour wake time - 3.5 hours [night] = 7 hours
Siesta: 5.5 hours [night] - 1.5 hours [afternoon] = 7 hours

I can fit the segmented pattern easily, but I will need to give it a go and see how I will feel during the day and if those 2 hours actually help. I can fit the siesta pattern pretty well in my daily routine however such pattern is much more difficult to maintain throughout the whole week.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Yeah, it's almost impossible to pull off in the modern world. Heh. See my current pattern is a pseudo-polyphasic sleep with just random siestas. I'm hoping of giving some simple polyphasic patterns a proper go. Either of the two.

Segmented: 3.5 hours - 2 hour wake time - 3.5 hours [night] = 7 hours
Siesta: 5.5 hours [night] - 1.5 hours [afternoon] = 7 hours

I can fit the segmented pattern easily, but I will need to give it a go and see how I will feel during the day and if those 2 hours actually help. I can fit the siesta pattern pretty well in my daily routine however such pattern is much more difficult to maintain throughout the whole week.
I really want to try the segmented sleeping pattern.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon KitchenSinky knows what he is talking about

For me, I have work at 10am every Sat + Sun, as well as morning classes for all but one day on my fortnightly timetable. I think my body is getting used to not sleeping in, I sort of don't mind it. I might start siestas straight after school, then bed a bit later.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
lol guys don't end up burning out halfway through the year, just keep a consistent study routine of 2-4 hours a night and you'll be fine. Obviously increase this as exams come, but during down periods try to stay on it as that is where everyone else slacks off.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
lol guys don't end up burning out halfway through the year, just keep a consistent study routine of 2-4 hours a night and you'll be fine. Obviously increase this as exams come, but during down periods try to stay on it as that is where everyone else slacks off.
doing exactly this.

People know I'm studying but some think im studying excessively even though its like 2-3 hours at most a night. Yet I'm on top of most my things. :)

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
I try to pay full attention in all my classes for the whole day by taking notes, then I start my work after school at around 5pm. Then I write a prioritised list of what to do for the night with many breaks included, l do it then leave the library at 9pm. If I have extra stuff to finish off I do in my room, but I don't start any tasks after 10pm. I try to be fast asleep by 11pm.

Oh yeah and I have a little siesta around 3.30pm. All in all I'm currently on approx 3 hours a night of actual work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)