Study game: Indochina (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
yay

Bare_Essentials said:
Thought we could get this thread going for the 2005 HSC group.

Assess the significance of the Domino Theory and Containment on American Policy in Vietnam from 1954 to 1968?
Gawd, this is really lame ( I can only remember snippits of my recent holiday to Indochina, School Certificate and Prelim. study and numerous Cold Chisel songs)

The domino theory, coined by some American head of state, dictates that once one country fell under the influence of a social or political movement, it would have some influence over the popular society and government of another country. The higher the similarities between the two countries, the more effect a country would have.

With the Communist threat sweeping through Asia, US foreign policy believed that in order to save the world from revolution, they had to defend capitalism across the globe. In the period from 1954-1968 this involved providing economic and military aid to capitalist countries and emposing trade embargoes on Communist ones, encouraging cultural clashes between the two ideologies and by forceably imposing democratic systems on countries - i.e Korea, Vietnam.

Bleh, that was shizer, but it's a restart to this long-dead forum.

Now, the question:

What was the significance of the storming of Vietnam's Reunification Palace.

Bare_Essentials

THE Bridget Jones
HSC
ok dont know the answer to you one but the one to mine is partly off. Whilst u are supposed to mention what the theories are an how they formed, you are supposed to talk about the influences of presidents policies and how they affected them. That is, LBJ and the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Domino theory and Geneva conferance.

Maybe that's what you mean but i'm too tired to have picked up on it.

belleree98

Bare_Essentials said:
ok dont know the answer to you one but the one to mine is partly off. Whilst u are supposed to mention what the theories are an how they formed, you are supposed to talk about the influences of presidents policies and how they affected them. That is, LBJ and the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Domino theory and Geneva conferance.

Maybe that's what you mean but i'm too tired to have picked up on it.
Yeh I picked up on that as well.

As for the question above I don't know either!!

Here's another question:

What are the overall strategies used by US and ARVN troops and why were they ineffective?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I love that this game is now helping it's third generation of HSC-ers! Time flies hey!

Anyway, carry on revising!

JoeI

HSC
meh said:
intellectuals
buddhust monks
rich land owners
anyone with above yr 3 level education lol

thats all I can remember for today and thought I might bar in on ur game :p

ok my question has two parts hehe

Why was the Khmer Rouge allowed to take power and what were the fundamentals upon which Khmer Rouge ideology was based?
dude. let me enlighten you. year three is not the same in here. in kampuchea, year three is the evaluent of year 7 or 8. there's no year 12.
oh may i add, anyone who is famous known will be killed. even the king. but he is spared by china.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)